Sign in to follow this  
Snake Pit Rebel

Not a true reflection!!

Going back to yesterdays game at Everton i really do feel that the game showed a very flattering scoreline to the toffees.

Yes we started very slow and gave the opposition far to much respect but after the first half an hour we were well on top and gave them one hell of a scare.

If it was''nt for some very poor officials i.e

1.Edworthys foul for the free kick leading to the first goal-i felt was never a free kick.
2.Roberts goal when at 1-1 was never offside.
3.Roberts giving away the first penalty-dodgy to say the least.
4.Mcveigh when virtually clean through-Everton guy gets yellow card for a very crude challenge.
5.Huckerby booked for diving-when we all thought it was a penalty.
6.Holt blatantly elbowed-result yellow card.
7.Roberts giving away the second penalty-another 50-50 decision that went against us.

I could go on and on but if that is a mid-table premiership side then i feel that with a few minor additions we aer''nt that far away.

Well done to the boys for your second half showing and did you all see and hear the Everton crowd-they were stunned in to silence.Does''nt that say something?

Keep the league form going boys and then we will be back to Goodison next year to outplay and out sing the scousers once again.

Proud to be yellow!!

Hi Snake Pit Rebel. When Neville Chamberlain came back with a piece of paper saying "peace in our time" he had forgotten to look at the fine print from Herr Hitler. Would you care to be more specific on what you mean when you say " with a few minor additions we are not that far away"???? Is this your next push on big money to be spent and, if so, here is your chance to provide the Board with advance insight rather than after the fact.

Hey there YankeeCanary,when i say a few additions i mean a quality ball playing centre half to replace Mackay and a good attacking right back to replace Edworthy.

Appart from this with the additions we have made recently and the youth set up i.e-Henderson,Jarvis,Sinclair,Shackell etc i think that were not to far away.

Snake Pit Rebel, I agree with you on everything you said.

It''s not often that a defeat makes me even MORE optimistic about the future, but what I saw at Goodison yesterday has put a few nagging doubts in the back of my mind to rest.

Let''s face facts here......the difference on Saturday between Norwich City and an established Premiership team that has spent countless MILLIONS and MILLIONS of pounds building a side over the last decade was.........two penalties awarded against us and a perfectly good Norwich goal disallowed. Oh, and Thomas Graveson in the first half.

I think (and I realise that I''m looking at things through green and yellow tinted spectacles here) that Saturday''s game proves that the team that we have NOW is good enough to survive in the Premiership. If (please, God!) we do get promoted this season, I''m sure that Worthy will astutely add to the squad that we already have. Even Worthington''s fiercest critics must admit that he has been incredibly succesful at targetting and then signing players who improve our squad. In short, if we do go up, after watching Saturday''s game I''m now convinced that we''ll stay up. Several Everton fans came up to me after the game as I was leaving Goodison and said that we had given them a tougher game than most Premiership teams had at Goodison Park this season.

P.S.

The fans, as usual, were magnificent on Saturday. If you were one of the near six thousand there, congratulations. I have always been very proud to be a Norwich man and a Norwich fan, and after that performance from both the team AND the fans on Saturday, I am even more proud today.

On The Ball, City!!