Sign in to follow this  
Bill

C'mon you binnn - errs

10 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Oh my word.

Agent Bialkowski is doing a stellar job.

Wonder if they still reckon he's the best keeper in the Championship 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

https://www.skysports.com/efl/championship/video/11566340/ipswich-2-3-bristol-city

Just had a few beers with Paul Cooper who is a very interesting chap to spend time with. Now runs a golf business, 6 months in the Algarve and 6 months in Tenerife, living the dream and very complimentary about NCFC.

2 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

1904F7EB-9156-4ED8-B8CC-08A4CD08E31C.gif

why thank you

young master solo hand

not often we get to see inside the head of a fellow poster

ps perhaps hairy canary could give us a look as well

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Can't fault the lads work rate, and they were t'riffic for me tonight. We might look to get 1 or 2 players in Jan to help the lads out

A great idea

12 or 13 in the team out on the pitch might just work

otherwise a crowd of below 13,500 farmhands says it all - which most likely is even worse than that

given that all season ticket holders are counted as having attended - which means a minimum of 9000 less than last Friday

still never min the farm hands always have their banners - which I must say was money well spent on this one 😅

image.png.53c63bbb2dbf48cfb86c0b32d540e00e.png

The other one is interesting, would that be Farnham in Surrey? Would anyone travel that far?...Maybe it was meant to say 'farmhands '... easy mistake to make. 

Watching those highlights, it gives the unerring feeling of watching a local game down the park. Both in atmosphere and quality, Freddie Sears apart.

11 hours ago, Bill said:

why thank you

young master solo hand

not often we get to see inside the head of a fellow poster

ps perhaps hairy canary could give us a look as well

Have I upset your fragile sensibilities Ben, considering I hadn't even contributed to your thread?

I doubt we will be seeing much of the inside of your, very large, head as there seems to be no room in there for anyone else's opinions other than your own.

TWTD are now consoling themselves with the thought that at least it can't get any worse.

They might be correct but it could also last for a very long time😀

4 hours ago, Hairy Canary said:

Have I upset your fragile sensibilities Ben, considering I hadn't even contributed to your thread?

I doubt we will be seeing much of the inside of your, very large, head as there seems to be no room in there for anyone else's opinions other than your own.

I imagine the inside of City 1st’s head looks like a Jackson Pollock painting.

If you check the link below you will see that the paupers have 9 players out of contract next June, and five loanees who will return.

Most of the players out of contract are first team regulars. However will the paupers be wanting to ofer them a contract that would keep them at poorman road when a L1 budget looks to be a real possibility ?

If Lambert stays then he will have to be searching out at least a dozen player so as to be ready to hit the ground running in LI. If he goes that will be a mammoth task for any incoming manager, more so given that they will take a huge hit on TV money.

Clubs that bounce back up tend to have a reasonable squad that are usually good enough to fight their way back again. Whereas the paupers have slowly sunk to their present level which is having a squad of aged past its, lower league hopefuls and habitual failures as loanees.

Could L2 beckon you have to wonder ?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ipswich-town/kader/verein/677/saison_id/2018/plus/1

Edited by Bill

If you're right Bill, the 9 players will be difficult to motivate as things stand and let's be honest,  would you want to renew your contract at a basket case of a Club in freefall?

Edited by splendidrush

The concern must be that if by January the club is well adrift at the bottom of the table Evans might well refard money spent on wages as being wasted, so may well agree to 'higher earners seeking pastures new

Whilst perhaps trying to raise a few bob by selling anyone that might raise a fee... Sears, Knudson and ....err

Their position is far worse than just what the table shows.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

The concern must be that if by January the club is well adrift at the bottom of the table Evans might well refard money spent on wages as being wasted, so may well agree to 'higher earners seeking pastures new

Whilst perhaps trying to raise a few bob by selling anyone that might raise a fee... Sears, Knudson and ....err

Their position is far worse than just what the table shows.

You may well be right. If so I can't see Lambert hanging around past January. Didn't he walk from Wolves and Blackburn largely because funding he was expecting didn't arrive?

2 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

You may well be right. If so I can't see Lambert hanging around past January. Didn't he walk from Wolves and Blackburn largely because funding he was expecting didn't arrive?

According to the Binners, Lambert has bought into their history and is in for the long term 😀

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bill said:

...... given that they will take a huge hit on TV money.

Not just that, when we went down our gates held at 24,000, they'll be lucky to see 10.000.

Mick McCarthy (newly installed Eire manager) must be laughing his nipples off, and possibly reminding himself of his comments to the 1p5wich fans at the Carrow Road game, from one side of the pitch to the other.

26 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

According to the Binners, Lambert has bought into their history and is in for the long term 😀

They dont know Lambert😁

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ricardo said:

They dont know Lambert😁

He may well be in for the long term, but then so was Eddie the Eagle. Fat lot he achieved sporting wise.

That he was out of a manager's job when he joined the binners probably tells us all we need to know. He won't be swamped with better offers this time. He left City with many thinking one of the top six would not be long in appointing him.

This may be his last chance at this level.

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

......as Lambert's idea of 'long-term' seems to be anything beyond 6 months then,yes,I suppose he has 🙄

• Haha 1

" This season, Sunderland received around £7m from the TV deal, and next term in League One that sum will be cut to just under £1.5m. "

So the paupers will be £5.5m worse off on tv money alone if they go down.

Compounded a decrease in their gate money over this season

Those 14 players out of contract (inc loanees) may well be the 'saving' of the paupers as servicing current wages is always the bit that breaks clubs.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

If you check the link below you will see that the paupers have 9 players out of contract next June, and five loanees who will return.

Most of the players out of contract are first team regulars. However will the paupers be wanting to ofer them a contract that would keep them at poorman road when a L1 budget looks to be a real possibility ?

If Lambert stays then he will have to be searching out at least a dozen player so as to be ready to hit the ground running in LI. If he goes that will be a mammoth task for any incoming manager, more so given that they will take a huge hit on TV money.

Clubs that bounce back up tend to have a reasonable squad that are usually good enough to fight their way back again. Whereas the paupers have slowly sunk to their present level which is having a squad of aged past its, lower league hopefuls and habitual failures as loanees.

Could L2 beckon you have to wonder ?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ipswich-town/kader/verein/677/saison_id/2018/plus/1

A reminder that you can now edit spelling and grammar errors, of which there are numerous in this post. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Given that they appear to annoy you it is hardly much of an incentive to check, is it ?

• Haha 1

The January buys thread on TWTD is funny. I think I counted 5 ex-NCFC players so far. Clearly taking our ex-manager is not enough, they just wish they were us.

19 hours ago, splendidrush said:

The other one is interesting, would that be Farnham in Surrey? Would anyone travel that far?...Maybe it was meant to say 'farmhands '... easy mistake to make. 

image.png.d42e5461c349617971373374472099be.png

Excellent stuff.

Defending at 2-1 (2 min 50 sec) something to be admired for futility, but that goes for (lack of) ball skills for everyone except Sears too. Looks like a good crowd though.... fair dues, plenty of support for their team 🚮 🚮🚮

https://www.youtube.com/embed/EmMojQpXP7s

Edited by Surfer

28 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Excellent stuff.

Defending at 2-1 (2 min 50 sec) something to be admired for futility, but that goes for (lack of) ball skills for everyone except Sears too. Looks like a good crowd though.... fair dues, plenty of support for their team 🚮 🚮🚮

https://www.youtube.com/embed/EmMojQpXP7s

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 12.08.32.png

Not all of poorman road is that empty

image.png.23be5f858ae98bda4690459da04c190d.png

On 29/11/2018 at 08:07, Bill said:

The delusions are still strong at TWTD 

Edited by Surfer
Deleted Image