Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Hull match thread

Shame Trybull couldn't take his chance. A missed opportunity in more ways than one. I suspect Farke will start Vrancic in future.

Oh well, a win on Saturday and this game will soon be forgotten.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

should have put some money on it

You could edit it and say you did😀

Disappointing on the night but would have absolutely taken 4 points from Swans and Hull had it been offered before hand.

Not sure about that, Pete. Other than the missed chance Trybull had a good game. Stepped in well for Tettey against Villa too. Probably one of our players most unlucky not to be in the team.

Should have won it with the Trybul header but when things are not going for you the main thing is you don’t get beaten. Take the point and move on 

Well, Hull have had 6 recent Norwich games to watch to try to understand how to get something from the game.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

You could edit it and say you did😀

I was rather banking on it not being noticed 😚

For every two goals in extra time there will be a 0-0 at Hull

No bookings to cause a ban

No injuries

and Boro dropped two points

so as folk say lets move forward to Sat and just accept that thus was 'one of those games'

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Shame Trybull couldn't take his chance. A missed opportunity in more ways than one. I suspect Farke will start Vrancic in future.

Bit harsh - trybull played very well considering his last start was months ago.

No disaster....sheff utd v leeds and boro v villa at the weekend.....beat rotherham and there's a decent chance we'll at least maintain if not extend the gap

....and ipswich are another point from safety

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

4 points from these two games is a good return, would have taken it last week.

Buendia the star tonight, Pukki struggled tonight, don't understand why Srbeny came on instead of Rhodes, Trybull really shouldn't be starting ahead of Vrancic IMO.

1 minute ago, Ginja said:

4 points from these two games is a good return, would have taken it last week.

Buendia the star tonight, Pukki struggled tonight, don't understand why Srbeny came on instead of Rhodes, Trybull really shouldn't be starting ahead of Vrancic IMO.

I'm still on my one-man trybull defending mission:  Again, he played very well - missed a couple good chances, granted, but even Leitner rarely gets in those positions.  In addition - whilst I like Mario, he's better further forward but can play in a deep 2 in a pinch.

1 minute ago, Orly said:

I'm still on my one-man trybull defending mission:  Again, he played very well - missed a couple good chances, granted, but even Leitner rarely gets in those positions.  In addition - whilst I like Mario, he's better further forward but can play in a deep 2 in a pinch.

Sorry but to say he played very well is one hell of a stretch, at best he did okay his fitness looks horrendous, a pro player with cramp after only 70mins? 😬

What an awful game to watch both teams were terrible. Credit to Hull for interupting our midfield and breaking up our possession, but they offered no real threat. We made countless mistake and gave the ball away all the time. It really looked like we were not making the effort, lethargic, no sharpness or urgently and we only excuse I can think of was the conditions. What a poor crowd also. Good to be still to be top of the league, but an opportunty for 3 points wasted. Draw a fair result.

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

No disaster....sheff utd v leeds and boro v villa at the weekend.....beat rotherham and there's a decent chance we'll at least maintain if not extend the gap

....and ipswich are another point from safety

Dont take Rotherham for granted, they are, on proven form from the last couple of months, one of the hardest teams in the Champs to beat, seem to like draws to, so would not surprise me to see another 0-0 or more likely 1-1. Followed by a sqeaky 2-1 win against Bolton.

Hull -- European Capital of Culture 2017 😜 

I'm brilliant at attending the wrong away games, but a draw against a club we routinely draw against away, rendering us still top of the table, aided the journey home very nicely.

Just back from the game (well about half an hour ago).

Not too disappointed, conditions were abysmal and we've come away with a clean sheet, and a point from a tricky away fixture.  Hull aren't very good but there's enough individual quality there to win a few games against the run of play.

Thought they were well organised to be fair to them, and did a good job at hassling and not letting us play out from the back.

We weren't bad, just struggled to break them down as they piled bodies back and made it hard for us. Thought we missed Leitner, we were a bit too tippy tappy tonight and missed his incisive forward passing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Disappointing on the night but would have absolutely taken 4 points from Swans and Hull had it been offered before hand.

Not sure about that, Pete. Other than the missed chance Trybull had a good game. Stepped in well for Tettey against Villa too. Probably one of our players most unlucky not to be in the team.

8 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Agree with you there Pete. Trybull is too similar to Tettey in his style of play and is more comfortable doing that defensive role. With him in the side we seem to lose that midfield attacking impetus that Leitner brings, and personally I think it would have been better for Vrancic, or Cantwell to start this one. But just maybe Mr Farke didn’t want to lose this one, and was deliberately defensive!

And Keiran, I agree with you too, given four points from the last two most should be happy! 

All good runs have to end sometime so just as well ours ended in a draw rather than a defeat. Shows that we've learnt how not to loose which during the course of a season is almost as important as winning. Sooner or later someone was going to figure out how to stop us and it worked. But you need a lot of luck to do that and other teams may not be as well organised or lucky.

9 hours ago, Orly said:

Trybull wasn't bad necessarily, just that he's not a natural replacement for a player like Leitner. I could see an argument for Trybull over Vrancic if we'd been playing a team near the top of the table who would be taking the game to us but not sure he was the right choice for this match. 

• Like 1

I'm surprised that there's a slightly negative vibe following last nights draw. 

Personally I'm delighted with a point, and to come away from two back to back away games at opposite ends of the country in a short period of time with 4 points is brilliant. 

There were still times last night where our quality shown through, in particular when Vrancic came on. lots of incisive one touch play, and the way we pinned Hull back in the last ten minutes in search a winner speaks volumes with regard to team confidence. Personally I felt it was only a matter of time until we nicked it. That's a nice feeling, considering in tight away games like this the feeling is nearly always the opposite! 

Sitting at the top we have made ourselves a target. But the players seem unaffected, which is hugely encouraging. We've got through two tough away games unbeaten, and given ourselves the foundation to attack the next two league games at Carrow Road. This is exciting, and I can't wait for Saturday! 

10 hours ago, Orly said:

Make that two. I thought he did well, the save he brouht out of Marshall was top drawer to stop him scoring after he received the ball almost behind him and turned an shot in one movement. If that or his header, which missed by a whisker, had gone in, he would have been seen as the matchwinner.  Obviously needs match time, but last night he got that and if picked in the next match, he will be better for it.