Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Hull match thread

I suspect that DF will decide which is the easier team to beat before deciding whether to rest Aarons and Leitner.If either get booked tomorrow they will miss Saturday.After tomorrow,game 19,yellow cards are back to zero.A full strength side at Hull would be my choice.

1 hour ago, Grumpy said:

I suspect that DF will decide which is the easier team to beat before deciding whether to rest Aarons and Leitner.If either get booked tomorrow they will miss Saturday.After tomorrow,game 19,yellow cards are back to zero.A full strength side at Hull would be my choice.

Agreed, full strength is what we should be going for after 6 consecutive wins. I can’t imagine anyone wanting to be left out or Farke wanting to leave them out (unless forced to).

Yes we have good cover in the squad but those being discussed for being rested (Leitner, Buendia) have been crucial of late and I’m sure will be itching to get back out and carry on. 

Only make changes if absolutely necessary, worry about team selection for Rotherham after tomorrow.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Vrancic it is then, he deserves a start...

That good feeling of knowing we have quality players ready to come into the first team when needed.👍

16 minutes ago, River End Canary said:

I am taking a geriatric pensioner to the game am going to have to spend the majority of the game making sure he doesn’t soil himself or wonder off and get lost 

Maybe the Canaries Trust could provide free sanitary products for OAPs?

1 hour ago, lappinitup said:

Vrancic it is then, he deserves a start...

I reckon it will be Trybull Lapps. Might be wrong of course. But agree Vrancic is a good call. 

Leaving Leitner out makes sense, gives him a rest and a chance to recover fully for Saturday, while at the same time negating the risk of picking up another yellow, leading to a ban. Besides, with Vrancic and Trybull to choose from you'd like to think that we'd have too much for Hull. 

12 hours ago, River End Canary said:

I am taking a geriatric pensioner to the game am going to have to spend the majority of the game making sure he doesn’t soil himself or wonder off and get lost 

Poor old Tilly 🤣

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Inspirational last couple of minutes there!

Totally agree LDC; DF appears to have established a nice balance between respecting the opposition and the winning mentality/self esteem of our own players... 

17 hours ago, River End Canary said:

He's always been a nappy crapper........

wet and rather windy tonight

which is the weather forecast for Hull rather than any description of some who will be there in yellow and green

though it could be that it will be

Hull for the continent

.... and the incontinent

Has Tettey's knee's improved ? The last I knew he had trouble playing two matches in a week

Edited by SwindonCanary
Caps after question mark !

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Has Tettey's knee's improved ? The last I knew he had trouble playing two matches in a week

I was concerned when Tettey played Tuesday vs Bournemouth having played the previous Saturday, but it didn't seem to do him any harm the following Saturday when he played and we thrashed Wednesday....

I doubt there is one player who doesn't want to play. Winning is wonderful and you don't seem to notice niggles or the cold.

Drop out and you might not get back in. Ask Todd Cantwell.

22 hours ago, sonyc said:

I reckon it will be Trybull Lapps. Might be wrong of course. But agree Vrancic is a good call. 

Good call sonyc.

Slightly surprised Farke has gone with Trybull rather than Vrancic. But he sees them in training every day, so he will know who deserves to start.

Plenty of options on the bench if he does need to change it.

Feel a little sorry for Vrancic- was excellent v Wednesday and didn't deserve to be dropped really, now not in when he seems the obvious choice.

Fakre has proven he knows his squad so far though so I'm sure his reasoning is solid.

Not the night for some of our more ambitious touches. Just not hitting the man around their area. Need to side foot it properly and make sure. Pitch standing up well though so no reason not to continue with our passing game.