Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Hull match thread

I know it's early but thought I'd get the party started as I just spotted some relevant news.

Frazier Campbell is suspended, which is massive as he's their main goal threat.

We don't need to rely on these type of things but it's certainly not going to do us any harm.

Presuming no injuries I would be happy to see the same starting 11 and would expect it to be the case.

At least 800 of us will be there, so it is another cracking effort from the best fans in the country, turning up in numbers for a bitter Tuesday night in Hull.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Every little helps as they say but I'd hope we've enough about us to not worry too much if he could play. Nothing's nailed-on in football but you'd hope our team would go into this confident of a decent result.

There should be well in excess of 800 City fans there as that was the number of sold-out £12 tickets available. I think they're giving us 2000 in total so should be a good atmosphere.

Let's hope the weather is the only bitter bit.

I will be cheering them on from Thailand where I have to decide whether to get up at 0245 or get in at that time to watch them on iFollow. We had a couple of knocks yesterday, so I would not be surprised if there are changes. 

9 minutes ago, dj11 said:

I will be cheering them on from Thailand where I have to decide whether to get up at 0245 or get in at that time to watch them on iFollow. We had a couple of knocks yesterday, so I would not be surprised if there are changes. 

Wasn't that Aaron's fifth booking?

I checked last night to see which games were on sale and noted the 800 were sold out, but no idea when they did so hopefully there'll be a fair few more than 800 of us there.

Edited by kick it off

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

I know it's early but thought I'd get the party started as I just spotted some relevant news.

Frazier Campbell is suspended, which is massive as he's their main goal threat.

We don't need to rely on these type of things but it's certainly not going to do us any harm.

Presuming no injuries I would be happy to see the same starting 11 and would expect it to be the case.

At least 800 of us will be there, so it is another cracking effort from the best fans in the country, turning up in numbers for a bitter Tuesday night in Hull.

Did I miss the “XYZ will be a MASSIVE threat Saturday “ before the Swansea game? Any thoughts on who will be Hull’s MASSIVE threat now 😉?

Also I believe yellow cards are reset after 19 games this season so we’re now in the clear? Real credit to Tettey avoiding this, his role means getting yellow cards pretty regularly is unavoidable. IMO it’s down to several things - overall we’re better at defending/controlling play so he’s forced into fewer last ditch tackles, his reading of the game has improved and it sounds like he’s learned from working with Farke. I’ve always rated Tettey but IMO he’s taken a real step up this season 🙌🏻🙌🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

Did I miss the “XYZ will be a MASSIVE threat Saturday “ before the Swansea game? Any thoughts on who will be Hull’s MASSIVE threat now 😉?

The main threat is called complacency but we certainly don't need him in our team.

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

No idea but of course ..............."Beating Hull could relegate us!" 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I bought a ticket a couple of days ago in the £18 section , so definitely more than 800 going.

801 then.

2 hours ago, K Lo said:

801 then.

Yes but I’m such a massive presence with my mumbled shouting of On the ball City that it will seem more like 802. Should be enough to see us over the line 😉.

I think Buendia and Leitner are carrying knocks, Df will update us in the pre- match video. Maybe time to give them a break,  Vrancic and Cantwell will be ready to step in. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kick it off said:

I checked last night to see which games were on sale and noted the 800 were sold out, but no idea when they did so hopefully there'll be a fair few more than 800 of us there.

Another 1,200, I think, at £18 - I was a bit gutted at having to pay the extra £6s - the whole family are going because £12 was such a fantastic deal!!

Still, if we maintain our current form it will still be a good deal.

Pardon my partial heresy but I have a soft spot for Hull.

My mum's from Hull and my Grandpa used to take me up to Boothferry Park back in the early/mid '80s to get my fix of league football when I was up there over the summer and Christmas holidays. I remember that they were close to folding back in the early 2000s and so have done very well since then, with the new ground and a stint in the Premier League.

As they've often been in different leagues, most of the time I could wish success for both without any conflict !

Of course, I want a Norwich win (what I want has very little bearing on reality here !) but would like to see Hull avoid the drop, unlike with Ipswich.

FWIW Forest beat them 2-0 in Hull Saturday.  According to the local paper here in Notts, Forest were on top first half but struggled to make the breakthrough, with David Marshall playing very well for the home side in goal (remember him !?).  Then in the 2nd half Grabban managed to poach a goal at 60 mins and Forest got another shortly afterwards which saw them home comfortably.

We have to accept we're a top scalp now and Hull are highly motivated but not playing that well at the moment.  We're fully capable of winning this one, but the run has to end sometime.

12 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Hull will fight like hell so could be close . 1.5 Norwich .

Had to read that a couple of times, are you thinking close as in 1p5wich 1 Norwich 5 with Grant Holt laughing in front of the scoreboard :classic_cool: ?

We're in a position to be able to rotate if needed now- Cantwell could come in Emi or Vrancic for Leitner if needs be. 

We've got eight games between now and New Years Day so need to use the squad wisely.

Aarons and Lewis both on 4 yellow cards, so either or both would miss Rotherham on Saturday if they get booked tomorrow night. See point 2 of Michael Bailey's six points article - https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/six-things-learned-from-canaries-win-at-swansea-1-5794601 

Leitner is a major doubt with a calf problem - big miss if he doesn't play; but gives Trybull or Vrancic an opportunity. For me, Leitner is essential to how we are playing at the moment - my POTS so far.

Thanks, I'd missed the point about yellow cards.  If they're fit, I'd still prefer to have Aarons/Lewis for tomorrow with the risk of missing Saturday, than to leave either out tomorrow to make sure they don't pick up a card.  If we need to have a 2nd choice fullback in one or other of these games, it would have to be at home vs Rotherham who will be happy to get a point.

I agree completely that Leitner is integral to the team now, but Trybull is a good player so if Leitner is injured we see if he can up his game.

29 minutes ago, Woodman said:

Aarons and Lewis both on 4 yellow cards, so either or both would miss Rotherham on Saturday if they get booked tomorrow night. See point 2 of Michael Bailey's six points article - https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/six-things-learned-from-canaries-win-at-swansea-1-5794601 

Sorry, it's Leitner and Aarons on 4 bookings, not Lewis...