Sign in to follow this  
pete

Another Krul Clanger

34 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Eh?

Perhaps you should read his post again he is suggesting that Camp wouldn't cost a fortune and would "do the business."

I think it is less the post, more the poster...

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

Oh! He's a binner then?

I tend not to notice these things, but explains a lot.

The mistake ridden Bartolkowski (?) being their regular POTS amply emphasises the lack of know how about goalkeepers that is prevalent down the road.

Edited by BroadstairsR

55 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Oh! He's a binner then?

The mistake ridden Bartolkowski (?) being their regular POTS amply emphasises the lack of know how about goalkeepers that is prevalent down the road.

If you think he is a Binner then Broady i wonder why he was at Swansea on Saturday and has got tickets for Hull and Bristol City ?

Because binner's aren't very intelligent, or because he wants to see quality football for a change?! 😀

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Oh! He's a binner then?

He's one of the many Waveny's. 

I'm completely lost  .... thank goodness.

Binners, Waveneys, Plastics, Happy Clappers? All this seems more involved than the Brexit dealings currently are.

What is clear though is the fact that stupid is stupid, whatever the handle.

9 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Binners, Waveneys, Plastics, Happy Clappers? All this seems more involved than the Brexit dealings currently are.

Take a look at Poorman Rd on match day and it soon becomes obvious there are many more Waveneys in this world than there are binners. 😀

• Haha 1

I blame Farke...when he let Russell Martin go he never replaced him with an experienced scapegoat.😏

Apples

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I laugh when people think all these goalkeepers that have been around the Championship are consistent and don't make mistakes - the reason people think that is because they don't see them play for 90 minutes every week.

I do think Krul had a shaky start but I also think he's generally improved and his pro's outweigh his negatives.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I laugh when people think all these goalkeepers that have been around the Championship are consistent and don't make mistakes - the reason people think that is because they don't see them play for 90 minutes every week.

I do think Krul had a shaky start but I also think he's generally improved and his pro's outweigh his negatives.

I don't think anyone believe there are keepers at any levels that don't make mistakes.

With keepers though there are mistakes (misplacing a goal kick, not getting enough distance on a punch, getting your angles slightly wrong) and 'mistakes' (spilling a shot straight to a striker, throwing the ball out to a defender, completely missing a shot from 25 odd yards). Krul has committed a few too many of the latter so far this season to be totally comfortable with him.

Yes it was a mistake. But I do believe the standard of keeping isn't what it should be so I don't think we are any worse off than anyone else. The good really are head and shoulders above the rest.

Pickford makes howlers for England but is getting away with it. Wait until one of those costs us a match and the critics will be out.

Krull will be disappointed with the goal we conceded on Saturday I'm sure. But watch again the ball skids off the wet surface and picks up speed from this,- the first rule of goalkeeping is to stop the ball going in the net - by having his body behind the ball he achieves this- the additional pace means that his hands aren't quite in the correct position to hold the ball and it rebounds off his chest back into open play - hardly a spill as he never had his hands on the ball - his reaction to get to the ball was quick and only the fact that it broke to the other Swansea player did it result in a goal.

A poor goal to concede by any goalkeeper and as I say I'm sure TK will feel disappointed but a major mistake, not really for me.

We have an able and capably Keeper in Mr Krull (from what I've seen)-will he be good enough if we are promoted -what a nice problem to have to think about.

But leave out the needing a replacement this season.

• Like 3

When we signed Krul I remember being torn by it.
If we got the pre-Injury Krul it was a good signing, Post-Injury Krul then a bad one.
I think we got Post-Injury Krul he came in, looked Rusty and Low in confidence - that being said he has improved considerably this season and is looking a far better player, I can't see why that progression would slow as we progress through the season.

Whilst I agree he has had a few Clangers, I do think his over-all contribution outweighs that, he is part of a defence that are looking better than last season. He is also pivotal in directing the defense and arranging them when it comes to set pieces.

I will reserve my judgment until the end of the season on whether he requires replacing or not, as for now, in the Championship, I am happy to have him in goal and think he is doing an alright job (we are top of the league after-all) 

42 minutes ago, The Great Drinkell said:

Krull will be disappointed with the goal we conceded on Saturday I'm sure. But watch again the ball skids off the wet surface and picks up speed from this,- the first rule of goalkeeping is to stop the ball going in the net - by having his body behind the ball he achieves this- the additional pace means that his hands aren't quite in the correct position to hold the ball and it rebounds off his chest back into open play - hardly a spill as he never had his hands on the ball - his reaction to get to the ball was quick and only the fact that it broke to the other Swansea player did it result in a goal.

A poor goal to concede by any goalkeeper and as I say I'm sure TK will feel disappointed but a major mistake, not really for me.

We have an able and capably Keeper in Mr Krull (from what I've seen)-will he be good enough if we are promoted -what a nice problem to have to think about.

But leave out the needing a replacement this season.

I agree with this 100%.  A driven shot which bounces up is difficult especially with today's lighter ball.  It comes out and Krul gets there to save the 2nd effort, it then falls to another Swansea player who's very well placed to finish it.

Disappointing - yes.  A clanger - no.  A clanger was when Ruddy came out of his goal to near the touchline and played the ball down the line rather than safely into touch, leaving the attacker with an open goal to aim at (and score).

Equally disappointing that our defenders haven't reacted to be closing down when the ball was first spilled.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I don't think anyone believe there are keepers at any levels that don't make mistakes.

With keepers though there are mistakes (misplacing a goal kick, not getting enough distance on a punch, getting your angles slightly wrong) and 'mistakes' (spilling a shot straight to a striker, throwing the ball out to a defender, completely missing a shot from 25 odd yards). Krul has committed a few too many of the latter so far this season to be totally comfortable with him.

Were you "totally comfortable" with Ruddy, or Gunn kc? Come to that, who would you be totally comfortable with? 

2 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

Were you "totally comfortable" with Ruddy, or Gunn kc? Come to that, who would you be totally comfortable with? 

I was more comfortable with Gunn than I have been with Krul so far.

Totally comfortable is probably the wrong phrase- I guess what I'm saying is if a keeper drops a **** leading to a goal I want to feel like it is out of character for them, which hasn't been the case for Krul since he joined. He's mainly solid but it feels like the mistakes he makes are big ones.

Krul has been decent. To chastise him is pretty ridiculous in my opinion. I feel like there is too much negativity in some people and they can't help but find something to take umbrage with. It's likely been said a whole bunch of times before and even on this thread but it's worth repeating...

We are top of the league, we've had 6 clean sheets this season and the only Krul clanger in a game that cost us was against WBA.

Maybe people will soon start complaining about Rhodes, Pukki or Vrancic as they've all missed penalties??!

Nope, that would be insane.

Again, the only penalty miss that really caused issue was against WBA.

5 hours ago, king canary said:

Risk of adding to the confusion, I genuinely assumed River End Caanary was joking 🙃 Looked like an obvious wind-up to me !

Didn’t realise it was a Waveney persona

Which either settles or begs the question

On 25/11/2018 at 08:11, pete said:

Whilst City keep banging in the goals Krul's mistakes might not cost us dear but the current free scoring is likely to end sooner than later this is Norwich City.  When it starts to get tight we cannot afford Calamity Krul to make mistakes as watching the ball go past him, throw the ball straight to the opposition or fail to hold onto a shot straight at him.  Perhaps he feels secure as McGovern is no competition or we need to maintain the English qualified contingent, we can change that in January maybe give him a kick up the r's and drop him.

It was only against WBA errors cost us points which if we had a penalty taker a game City would have won.  Krul's errors and penalty misses have meant goal difference we would be 7 goals better off perhaps telling at seasons end.

Krul is ok ,all keepers make mistakes ,recently watched some of the old footage of the 70s with Kevin Keelan in goal on you tube ,who was terrific for us but there was a couple of real blunders from him. One where he was way out of goal almost near the corner flag,another where he threw the ball out straight to opposing player . 

2 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Krul is ok ,all keepers make mistakes ,recently watched some of the old footage of the 70s with Kevin Keelan in goal on you tube ,who was terrific for us but there was a couple of real blunders from him. One where he was way out of goal almost near the corner flag,another where he threw the ball out straight to opposing player . 

I was tempted earlier to say it's a good job king canary never saw Kevin Keelan keeping for us. If the phrase "in character" has ever applied to a keeper's costly mistakes, it would be to KK. Yet to all of us who saw him in his prime, he's the best keeper we've ever had! 

13 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

I was tempted earlier to say it's a good job king canary never saw Kevin Keelan keeping for us. If the phrase "in character" has ever applied to a keeper's costly mistakes, it would be to KK. Yet to all of us who saw him in his prime, he's the best keeper we've ever had! 

Yes west coast canary he was a legend,but could be unpredictable at times ,funny watching those Old games the shorts were about half the size of today's .

"Would like to see John Ruddy back much more competent than Krul"

Amber Rudd would be a safer pair of hands.

Apples

• Haha 1

Lets hope I have got Calamity Krul and there really is a competent keeper hiding therein.  Rest assured any more clangers will not go without pointed comment.  However I fear he will drop one in an important match and then will suffer the ire of his most vocal supporters who have posted here.

Since McGovern out next June Farke needs to be looking at replacements.

41 minutes ago, pete said:

Since McGovern out next June Farke needs to be looking at replacements.

That's not Farke's job...

1 minute ago, lappinitup said:

That's not Farke's job...

Another Pete clanger..........

Edited by lappinitup

1 hour ago, River End Canary said:

Would like to see John Ruddy back much more competent than Krul 

I remember a stage in the Prem in the season we were relegated when Ruddy made a major mistake, costing a goal, in pretty much every game in succession.  He was never the same keeper after his injury.  But hey....

• Like 1