Sign in to follow this  
unique

The Murphy twins

1) Would they have likely been more effective in the PL had they moved to the same club?

2) Would you swap them tomorrow for Hernández and Buendía?

22 minutes ago, unique said:

1) Would they have likely been more effective in the PL had they moved to the same club?

2) Would you swap them tomorrow for Hernández and Buendía?

Swap them for Hernandez and Buendia?

Definitely not. 

Onel and Emi ‘fit’ better if you look at us as a team. That said, I’m immensely proud that two of our youth cup winning side are plying their trade - albeit sporadically - in the top flight. They were, still are, special talents with the ability to change a game. That’s why we commanded fees of 8 figures for both. I do wonder what our Craig Bellamy would have been worth in today’s money though. Surely at least what we got for Madders and probably more. 

Keep that Colney conveyor belt a-rolling...!!!

• Like 1

It seemed they were better suited to the Neil way of playing than Farke.

Whilst I wouldn't swap them for either (although with the type of player Hernandez is, he can can blow a bit hot or cold), we could do with another pacey wide man for competition.

Perhaps if we continue as we are and get promoted and one or both go down we could have a cheeky bid for one of them.

The Murphy's were special talents but far from the finished articles. Onel is a much better all round footballer, and Buendia has bags of potential. Like Madison, more to come from the Murphy's I'm sure, they're still very much projects.

In response to this thread, it's a different team so hard to compare to even they were here but on the face of it I think we are much more balanced as we are this season

Josh seems to be playing regularly but don't think Jacob has started that many games, says in stats he's been in squad 8 times but only been in starting 11 twice & not been in squad last 5 games, is he injured or just not getting in the team ?