Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Oliveira

Seems unquestioned that he has no future here. If we can offload him in January what kind of fee would he attract?

Is a free/mutual termination more likely?

Or will we be limited to loaning him out until his contract expires?

He is contracted until 2020, so letting him go for free or terminating his contract is highly unlikely. 

What level of fee the club will see as acceptable is anyone's guess.

Besiktas are reportedly showing an interest in the player.

He must be gutted that we're top of the league. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Doubt he is that gutted, if Norwich get promoted he’ll be in line for a pay rise of 25%-30% and a hefty cash bonus. 

Can only see a loan as a possibility, no one is gonna match his 30k a week salary. 

Do we actually know he is paid £30k a week, or have you just made that up?

Either way his current salary could well be an issue, but from his point of view he should have a number of good years ahead of him, but as Webber said he needs to be playing. From our point of view just getting him off the payroll will be a result so I'd expect a free (or minimal fee) transfer to someone who'll play him but pay him less than we do.

Suspect it will be someone on the continent rather than in the UK.

14 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Either way his current salary could well be an issue, but from his point of view he should have a number of good years ahead of him, but as Webber said he needs to be playing. From our point of view just getting him off the payroll will be a result so I'd expect a free (or minimal fee) transfer to someone who'll play him but pay him less than we do.

eh ?

he has a contract until 2020

why would he take a less amount elsewhere ?

14 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

The £30k figure is from a couple of sources, both reliable. I think Nick Ma****er also said it recently on a podcast. 

It doesn’t sound an unreasonable figure considering Norwich had to beat a few other clubs for his signature. I can’t see (m)any clubs wanting to commit to Nelson with a long term contract right now, especially considering his wages, so a loan seems the most reasonable route. 

Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The £30k figure is from a couple of sources, both reliable. I think Nick Ma****er also said it recently on a podcast. 

It doesn’t sound an unreasonable figure considering Norwich had to beat a few other clubs for his signature. I can’t see (m)any clubs wanting to commit to Nelson with a long term contract right now, especially considering his wages, so a loan seems the most reasonable route. 

Fair enough - it was a genuine question 😀

Still think that if he is smart he might take a cut to get first team football - he should after all have another five or six good years if he stays in good shape.

But as you say maybe a loan is more likely before anyone will commit to a proper contract.

or a case of 'always someone else's fault'

best thing would be a loan for a lower Champs club then move in the summer

how that pans out financially will have to be seen, but like Pinto his future certainly lies elsewhere

and with the relatively low cost of Onel, Buendia, Zimmerframe, Leitner, Steiperman etc they now appear costly

as to money then Lewis and/or Aarons will go for good money - simply on the back of them wanting to play at a higher level

that's how it works...and why they joined us

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The £30k figure would be in line with the figures from the AGM last year. Both from the average wage and the average wage of the released players.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/business/record-wage-bill-reliance-on-premier-league-tv-money-and-23m-to-pay-in-promotion-bonuses-what-accounts-reveal-about-norwich-city-1-5261729

“In 2016 Norwich’s average wage in the Premier League was £34,500 per week, last season it was £28,200 – more than twice the average Championship team.”

and if the Middlesborough local paper have decent sources, that would put Oliviera's transfer fee from Benfica at around £6 million, which seems realistic.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/how-much-10m-transfer-actually-10817930

"The usual formula is that whatever the fee is, project that again over the life of the contract.

So a £1m player could expect £1m over four years, or £250,000 a year, or £5,000 a week. Give or take."

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Doubt he is that gutted, if Norwich get promoted he’ll be in line for a pay rise of 25%-30% and a hefty cash bonus. 

Can only see a loan as a possibility, no one is gonna match his 30k a week salary. 

True. I wonder who's going to sign him on the wages he wants after his contract expires with us?

Any club will take one look at him and question why a fully fit Portuguese, international striker was frozen out of a championship club for an entire season. 

He will now be viewed as a massive risk and any terms offered to him are likely to be unfavourable from his perspective.

Either way, ill be delighted whenever he does eventually leave. Hopefully sooner rather than later. 

And whilst he is being well paid here, his career trajectory is going in one direction so its hardly one way traffic in the sense that both us and him arent benefiting from the current situation.

I hope that there is interest in him and he can move on, there have been times where he has been great but they haven't been enough of those occasions, it does make me smile a little also that he can't be disruptive as he has been previously.

Farke obviously won't accept any player that doesn't buy into his philosophy, and it's apparent his philosophy works. 

I thought wildschut was/is a talent, but some players just don't listen to instruction. 

I remember Yanic being brought on in a game last season and clearly had his own agenda. Charging forward (and doing a good job of it) but completely unaware of what's happening around him - the man just streamrolled with pace but never looked up. 

Farke had is head in his hands in despair.  That was the last game he turned out for us. 

I was at the Fulham game last year and I think that sealed his fate. I doubt he regrets his behaviour, but I believe he could have had a role in the new playing system as he is certainly not without talent. I am still hoping that Wolves come for him in January