Sign in to follow this  
Hucks Is God

Huckerby and ?????????????

Lets have a vote. OK so I think we all no that hucks is going 2 b our 1st choise striker starting at everton i suppose as a straite swap 4 leon. But after that starting with bradford who is huckerbys partner going 2 be. Will it be the pace of leon (to similar prehaps),the height and ability 2 hold the ball up of svenson(i feel hes the perfect foil) or iwan who against watford looked terrible but against cardiff that looked a superb partnership but perhaps he is just an older version of mattias. The last option then would be to rotate. I personnally think it will be mattias but who do u lot think get voting !!!!

Sven

Huckerby if you watch is great at football but not necessarily a great footballer. He puts he''s head down and runs at people. If you look carefully, he runs at defenders and gets them backtracking, he watches the defenders feet and then injects the pace so them being caught on the wrong foot gives him another yard or two (if they haven''t fallen over through being off balance). The confidence and the ability to run at people is superb.

However I don''t think he actually looks up to see where players are he just knows where the area is and can put a perfect ball in, it is up to the rest of the team to be there. In a way similar to when we play the ball out, the defence know where Huck will be or that you play it to the corner or touch line he will get there.

Therefore I reckon Sven. He loves getting into the box (like Iwan), some of his lay offs which Huck would relish are lovely (similar to Iwan) and he has the speed to get in the box (un-like Iwan). Through training and playing with Huck I think they will start to understand each other and Sven will realise where he should be and will be able to get there.

Where does that leave Leon? Same with the 3lungs, Mulryne and Francis combination, different opposition needs different tatics.

Our Squad is starting to look absolutely superb!!!!!!!! So many different combinations.

And I should really do some work!!

Agreed.

I think Svensson, should start, with the pace of Leon to bring on once the opposition is getting tired.

Midfield is looking a interesting area as well, Holt, Mulryne, Francis challenging for the central roles, Hendo/Rivers on the right, McVeigh/Brennan on the left.

I think we need to strengthen a little in defence, but other than that, good solid squad, cannot see any weak links (barring injury of course).

i would like to see svensson up front with hucks then bring leon on if it ant going right. but if we do get promoted i would love to see us buy crouch cause i know he wants to come he was crying after the millwall game then begged o''learly to let him come back on loan. and they will let him go at the end of the season the fans hate him

Why dont we be adventurous and play with a back four then have Holt, Mulryne and Francis in the middle of the park and then have Huckerby partnering Svensson up front with Mcveigh sitting just behind them?
Leon can then come on and fill either position when needed and we get away from this winger crosses in the box mentality that you do not see alot of in the Premiership.

personally since huckerby always plays as a winger lets use him as a winger. huckerby on the right, out goes Henderson! leaves up front Matty and Leon. Prob solved!

Hucks on the wing is definately an option for me. Hucks and Leon up front is a big no no! They wouldn''t play well together i don''t reckon. Svensson and Leon looks formidable to me and Hucks can go right or left. Hucks and Svensson could also be good. Leon would then be some super sub. Imagine bringing him on after 70 mins when legs are tiring! Same goes for Huckerby actually. Hmm, tough one! There are some big egos out there now and NW is gonna have a job keeping them all happy. I saw the way Leon just picked up the ball for the penalty he won at Derby. Didn''t even look at Iwan who would normally take them, or ask him. That sort of thing can upset some players. Iwan''s probably big enough to take it though! Leon reminds me of Ian Wright, the confidence with which he plays and carries himself. I think he''s a big star of the future. I just hope there''s room in the dressing room for his and huck''s egos!! There certainly isn''t on the pitch. Not with both of them up front anyway.