Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Binners seem confident tonight

52 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yep, it's really great if our rivals go to Portaloo Rd and get three points, isn't it.  If we miss out on the top by three points,  or a play off place by three points, then it will all have been worth it......

Us or them?

Us.

If we miss out on promotion by three points, it’ll be our fault, not Ipswich’s.

Dear me, imagine cheering on the scum 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

Final score as I predicted 😀👍

Ricardo,any tips on tomorrow night's Lottery numbers please ......as they would be gratefully accepted 😁😁

Further Lambert quote from tonight 

"I said to the lads sometimes people say the table doesn't lie, well it does lie at times."

Someone’s lying...

I'm not sure who he's trying to convince but tonight's defeat means one less game to reach safety and if any of the Teams above them get even a point it makes the job that much more difficult. 

One win. Eighteen games. The table sometimes lies? Even John Terry’s missus wouldn’t buy that. They’re there on merit. Rumour has it that Lambert is in borrowed time and they’re tapping up Roeder. And Hamilton. And Raymond De Waard. 

I watched all of this game on an excellent 'naughty'and thought throughout that there was easily the length of a league between the two sides. WBA should have been out of sight by the time the binners were gifted that goal.

Similar to the derby game in some ways with a fairly non-de-script performance in the first half Lambert's side came out of the blocks after half time with the kind of  full throttle effort that you would expect from any home side behind in the game. Only one side continued to play any sort of 'proper' football though and, although I was rooting for a draw, any side that relies mostly upon set pieces and luck to score will rarely look like troubling the score sheet.

Repeated opinion on TWTD is that NCFC were woeful on that recent Sunday at the 'loo yet we came away from the unique hothouse atmosphere of a local derby unbeaten and, as with last night, were the only team to exhibit any sort of class on the ball; especially in the spell leading up to our goal.

By the week it's getting nearer the stage whereby ITFC need as many points per game to avoid relegation as City might need to ensure a top six spot.

Just the sight of Paul Lambert continues to make me squirm, btw. He has that desperate lot truly transfixed though so fair play to the ultimate mercenary.

Edited by BroadstairsR

5 hours ago, splendidrush said:

I'm not sure who he's trying to convince but tonight's defeat means one less game to reach safety and if any of the Teams above them get even a point it makes the job that much more difficult. 

Considering Millwall are playing Bolton, that's a given.

According to Lambert they have been "outstanding" since he took over. 2 points from 9.

I know he cant say anything else but mentally I am superimposing his face on General Melchett, in full uniform :

‘If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.’

Carry on Agent Lambert.

I thought they gave it a good go in the second half but a combination of being completely bereft of confidence and quality meant they were never going to get anything from the game.

West Brom missed some really simple chances and never really upped their tempo.

18 minutes ago, hogesar said:

West Brom missed some really simple chances and never really upped their tempo.

Yes, West Brom looked like a team trying to recover their accuracy and rythym following an international break! That's likely to be a factor this afternoon as well at Swansea. 

Edited by westcoastcanary

at least the binners will have something to celebrate (so far) this weekend

as they watch East Anglia's premier (soon to be) club winning away

I'm sure us sitting 5 points clear of the next club will make up for them being five points below their next club

I just picked up this beauty from the town forum:

"I still think that us and them from Norfolk will both be in this division next season as I have now almost given up on us getting promoted and they are not likely to be relegated"

almost given up on them being promoted lol. 

there's a level of delusion that exists on that forum which is nothing short of remarkable, and at times..just deliciously hilarious. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

Apparently it's ok because Lambert "respects their history". Of being p*ss poor for 14 seasons? Of not beating us for ten? Of ripping off St Johns Ambulance? I could go on...

If you want to read delusion at it's best............................

Bottom of the table on a cold friday night with the game on the TV and we were able to pull in 22,000.

No mention of £10 tickets for adults and 100's of free ones for kids. 😂

Colchester doing well so perhaps the binners will have a 'derby' game net season after all

Otherwise it will have to be Peterboro or Gillingham

Its fun to watch the quiet desperation.

Apparently Lambert has bought in to their history.

Sorry couldnt resist a snigger.😂

Was on TWTD whilst this site went flakey. They've got their share of happy clappers that's for sure. They even seem to think Lambert will still be there after they are relegated. A leopard doesn't change its spots.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ricardo said:

the words are

" And I genuinely believe he does respect and understand our history. Maybe he wants to become part of that. "

and they wonder why we laugh and why McCarthy pulled the pee within days of joining them

and the half witted young farmhands who will tip up at CR in Feb will never have known anything but second tier football, yet will give it large just as the village idiot who thinks his 'title' is a source of pride and achievement

I can only feel sorry for L1 clubs when this bunch of deluded gobshytes turn up at their ground

" do you know who we are ? "

Edited by Bill

22 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Is Lazarus the one who used to play for West Ham? 

Lazarus? He played for QPR and scored a goal for them in the 67 League Cup Final. Met him a couple of years ago when his son was playing in a golf event in the same group as my daughter Gemma.

Saw a fair amount of the first half of the match in the pub yesterday evening. 1p5wich will do very well to avoid the drop. 

35 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I think he may buy into their history. Apparently there is an unsettled bar bill at Dunston Hall since he was staying there. Maybe he will go back and offer Dunston 5p in the £1.

As much as our current position is a welcome surprise to almost all of us

I'm sure no one could have predicted the paupers being 6 points adrift at the bottom of the table at the same time

Never mind how early Christmas is on the telly or in the shops

it's already here for those this end of the A140 🎅

They just can't let the past go can they? There's a thread on there about taking Connor Wickham back on loan even though he's been injured for ages. They'll be ringing up Paul Mariner and Colin Viljoen next.