Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

POTS so far

22 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Very early to choose but their must be 8 candidates at this point . Together we are stronger ! 

Teemu probably, but Leitner is also a very good shout. Then there's the two outstanding full backs. Jordan, Onel. Marco has changed our fortunes since coming in...... Quite a pleasant conundrum. 

34 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Very early to choose but their must be 8 candidates at this point . Together we are stronger ! 

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

Teemu probably, but Leitner is also a very good shout. Then there's the two outstanding full backs. Jordan, Onel. Marco has changed our fortunes since coming in...... Quite a pleasant conundrum. 

Add Buendia to that list of candidates, 

• Like 1

I imagine the number of contenders will lessen as the season goes on although obviously would be great if that wasnt the case. 

Pukki is obvious. After that for me its one of:

Leitner 

Aarons

Tettey

32 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I imagine the number of contenders will lessen as the season goes on although obviously would be great if that wasnt the case. 

Pukki is obvious. After that for me its one of:

Leitner 

Aarons

Tettey

Agreed.

I might just go for Leitner as he is probably the one more than anyone else who makes the whole thing work.

His football brain is second to none in this league.

But I wouldn't want to play many games without Tettey either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lincsy88 said:

Leitner. Best player at the club and a cut above in every game the man just oozes class. 

Leitner for me too. Fundamental to the system, consistent in the engine room, hungry for the ball, leadership qualities, links the play, not afraid to crunch a tackle, can pick a key pass, that cracker against Millwall........

Please stay fit!

You could make a case for several.   Pukki for his goals.   Klose, for his work at both ends of the pitch.    Buendia - on fire right now.    Tettey.   The two young full backs.   Frankly, most of the team..

But, Mo Leitner for me.   On the ball 90 or 100 times a game, he’s the man who knits it all together.   If we’re to do anything this season - and I still can’t believe it - Mo needs to stay fit and in form.

Teemu or Buendia for me.

Pukki averaging a goal every 1.5 games

Buendia averaging a goal or an assist every other game and involved in everything good that we do it seems. He's turning into a real problem for the entire league.

Tettey has a shout, Moritz is in the mix, Zimmermann and Klose have been immense, Lewis and Aarons both deserving of consideration.

If we win the league, I think we should just scrap the award and give the entire squad one.

• Like 1

Leitner is probably the most important player for us, but unlikely to get the same recognition from fans as other players, certainly in terms of POTS. If awarded now, Pukki would win it hands down. 

Ask the players, they’d probably give it Leitner or Tettey. 

GThe really special ingredient we have right now is that we are a team. It makes picking out one player to stand out above the others in a way irrelevant which is probably why everyone is offering multiple choices.

OK there is a Barry Butler Trophy and at the end of the season a winner will emerge. But predicting that right now is impossible and  long may that continue.

OTBC

Edited by Sussexyellow
Omitted the word Trophy
  • Like 1

If things continued as they are it would be fitting to have ‘The squad of 2018/19’ as an option on the voting paper.

• Like 1

Impossible to pick up one player above the rest.

Buendia has been excellent recently, always looking for an incisive forward pass and scoring goals too.

And lets not forget Stiepermann.

"Impossible to pick up one player above the rest."

Agreed,  but  it's Tim Krul for me 😉😉😉

Actually, when considering on-field  performances you are more or less correct as thus far it is very difficult to isolate one candidate.

If we/they keep it all going then perhaps we should have to look instead to a player's influence "off the field," so to speak. In this respect I see Timm Klose as a leading contender.