Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Back to the Prem then Hucks

Huckerby admits he cannot take it in the Championship.

Surely it would be better for the team to play a fully fit Huckerby 2 games out of 3, as playing him in every game is not doing us much good, adjust his salary too match, how acceptable would that be to Huckerby.

Or aybe the rumours Sunderland are interested in a January move might just interest DH. 

All that wasted energy running offside!

What about top players in the Prem playing champions league etc?

Hucks likes a little sulk at times. He looked a yard faster when things went his way against Luton.

He is like your Cavalry. Needs to be held back until the ground troops have got on top then unleashed.

Huckerby needs more cameo roles from the bench. I would seldom start him as we need to be more solid at the start of matches.

[quote user="pete"]

Huckerby admits he cannot take it in the Championship.

Surely it would be better for the team to play a fully fit Huckerby 2 games out of 3, as playing him in every game is not doing us much good, adjust his salary too match, how acceptable would that be to Huckerby.

Or aybe the rumours Sunderland are interested in a January move might just interest DH. 

[/quote]

He didn`t admit  he couldn`t take it in the championship Pete , he  said it was HARDER in the championship !    reading between the lines  I would say  he`s been carrying  niggling injuries for quite a while now ,  this tallies  with the fact that he gets kicked all over the place  just about every match ....

I would agree that  Hucks should  be rested   a bit , maybe  bringing him on  in the second half   of matches  if its going tits up  during the game  [ sort of guarantees  he`ll play  !! ]  ..... as for having his wages adjusted  whilst  he`s not playing !!   bit Freudian is that ...    you can`t just single out Hucks  [ who plays through the pain barrier for us ]   for wage reduction  while not playing , at the same time  letting the likes of Safri and McKenzie draw full wages when they take MONTHS  off injured !   where`s your head at ?

"Hucks likes a little sulk at times. He looked a yard faster when things went his way against Luton."

Nail, head...

Fans of previous Clubs have said that when things are going well he is the best thing since sliced bread, but he is an entirely different player when things are going badly. I think we may be finding that out.

Hucks is a confidence player period. For me, the criticisms started last season when he was blamed rightly or wrongly for the fact that over 50% of our goals came from the left hand side of the pitch, and when you see Drury with two people everyone automatically thinks where is hucks ? One of the things that everyone has to realise is that when Hucks arrived he wanted to play football, and quite frankly he was too good for anyone else in the league. As this league has got tougher, more clubs have brought in players like Hucks because they saw the effect that it had on us. Add to that the fact that clubs and players have worked him out, they now know how to play him. As he has found it more difficult, his confidence has dropped and his performances have gone the same direction. For me though, to rest him isn''t what he wants.

I''m not a great alover of the man myself, but I appreciate his abilities. For me we all know he is better going forward than backwards, but the key to playing such a player is to assess the goals he costs us compared to those he creates or scores.

I will however say that I was particularly surprised to see two headers against Luton, well done Hucks - see it didnt hurt!

[quote user="king of latvia"]

poor excuse,he needs to shut up and start to perform.

and if norich city is not good enough then he must go.

[/quote]

Hucks WASN`T making excuses Latva !   he was telling it like it is  ....   as for you saying he ought to shut  up and perform  , is this a personal vendetta ?   why don`t you tell  all the other players  to shut it  and perform ??    or do you expect him  to perform miracles while the rest of the team  play crap ?

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

"Hucks likes a little sulk at times. He looked a yard faster when things went his way against Luton."

Nail, head...

Fans of previous Clubs have said that when things are going well he is the best thing since sliced bread, but he is an entirely different player when things are going badly. I think we may be finding that out.

[/quote]

Your comments make NO sense Trent !     what may we be " finding out "  ?    that   Hucks  isn`t a one man team .... that  when the team is playing crap   he should be the only player   singled out for  criticism ?   OF COURSE   he plays  better when " things" are going well !!   what player doesn`t ?

If   things are going badly  in a match  , then logic dictates that the team  pl;aying badly  is too busy defending  to  feed Hucks  ... jaysus  ,  hasn`t watching the games this season   indicated ANYTHING to you ?

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]

Hucks is a confidence player period. For me, the criticisms started last season when he was blamed rightly or wrongly for the fact that over 50% of our goals came from the left hand side of the pitch, and when you see Drury with two people everyone automatically thinks where is hucks ? One of the things that everyone has to realise is that when Hucks arrived he wanted to play football, and quite frankly he was too good for anyone else in the league. As this league has got tougher, more clubs have brought in players like Hucks because they saw the effect that it had on us. Add to that the fact that clubs and players have worked him out, they now know how to play him. As he has found it more difficult, his confidence has dropped and his performances have gone the same direction. For me though, to rest him isn''t what he wants.

I''m not a great alover of the man myself, but I appreciate his abilities. For me we all know he is better going forward than backwards, but the key to playing such a player is to assess the goals he costs us compared to those he creates or scores.

I will however say that I was particularly surprised to see two headers against Luton, well done Hucks - see it didnt hurt!

[/quote]

THAT much is obvious !     what ISN`T obvious   is this  ludicrous  " assessment "    of goals  he`s "cost us "   against   goals he scores or creates ...  what ARE you talking about ?     your " assessment "  if practiced , would  have most of the team on the bench  !!   or  do you have tunnel vision  when it comes to Hucks ?  well HEY!   theres another ten men out there  ..... 

Hux is about our only attacking weapon, but the poor sod just gets the ball fed to him because the defence and midfield either hoof it up to Deano or whack it over to Hux hoping he can do something.

How would your confidence be if all you got were hospital passes with the massed ranks of the opposition between you and the goal? The guy can''t do it all himself, but we are so ineffective that we have no ideas other than to hope he can.

The team as a whole is not playing well and this is  bound to affect a confidence player like Hux. And having to do it twice a week can''t be fun.

All players need the ball in the right place to suit their ability. Even Michael Owen and Alan Shearer can''t magic things out of nothing. So when they don''t get that service it makes them look pretty ordinary. Hux is a prize victim of this malaise affecting the entire defence and central/right midfield.

hucks has played for some pretty average clubs (us included) in his time and hasn''t been a regular in any of the sides except for ours....

he can be a good player and certainly silenced me vs Luton with his excellent showing, but the fact he has never played or a decent team speaks volumes.. he isnt as good as he thinks he is and in a good team would look woefully out of place.

McVeigh came on today and did in 30 mins what hucks hasnt been doing all season.. the bench (or the stiffs) Beckon Darren. will the dummy be spat out? time will tell

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

hucks has played for some pretty average clubs (us included) in his time and hasn''t been a regular in any of the sides except for ours....

he can be a good player and certainly silenced me vs Luton with his excellent showing, but the fact he has never played or a decent team speaks volumes.. he isnt as good as he thinks he is and in a good team would look woefully out of place.

McVeigh came on today and did in 30 mins what hucks hasnt been doing all season.. the bench (or the stiffs) Beckon Darren. will the dummy be spat out? time will tell

jas :)

[/quote]

Ah yes ..... McVeigh  , well there`s a player who should be well rested and up for it !    well nows  his chance  ... Hucks has been hacked down  once to often  [ thank you the coventry  neanderthals !! ]  and looks likely  to be out for a while ,  thing is though will McVeigh  cut it for a bit longer than 30 minutes ?

Well thats a bit rich !  saying Hucks  has never played for a decent team .....  he was the top goal scorer for Coventry  when they were in the prem  , the idiot Strachan   sold him  , and then led his team into  relegation  ... then the idiot Keegan    brought him to Mancity   , and Hucks almost singlehandedly , knocked in the goals  that got them into the prem ,  the idiot Keegan then  thanked Hucks by  sticking him in the reserves  while he  went on a wild spending spree  for, what he thought was , " prem " players  he nearly bankrupted  Mancity  , and led them down into the relegation zone  .... then he fell over his arse to sell Hucks to us  ,  got kind of embarrassed at not bringing in Hucks   when it started to go tits up   , no doubt !  his ego couldn`t take the strain  eh ?    what IS typical   about the idiot Keegan  is doing a runner  when the going gets rough !!

One thing you CAN be sure of , is that  Hucks spits no dummies out ....  !!!!!     period !!!