Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Do You Remember Kevin Harper ?

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Arrived with Hucks and Crouch. Did he get sent off early on in his stay? 

From memory it was some time on, and away at Reading, with a really stupid challenge, and although we won the game, and he had done quite well until then, he was dropped and quickly let go. All a bit hazy but I think that is roughly right.

He wasn't that bad a player as far as I can remember, one that we could have kept hold of. I feel the excellence of Hucks and Crouch made him less visible and then he disappeared rather quickly.

i thought it was a home match he got sent off, but my memory isnt great

Edited by city4eva

Mainly remember him as a Hibs player and generally he was alright, but nothing special. Albion Rovers, wow tough gig, but someone has to do it.

I'm sure it was against Derby and we were 1-0 down when he got sent off, and if memory serves we scored two goals to win 2-1 without Crouch and Huckerby on the pitch. Don't quote me on that though.

6 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'm sure it was against Derby and we were 1-0 down when he got sent off, and if memory serves we scored two goals to win 2-1 without Crouch and Huckerby on the pitch. Don't quote me on that though.

21/10/03 at home to derby, Harper got sent off in the 45th minute, we were indeed 1-0 down but Roberts and Mulryne scored to give us the win. I remember the game vaguely and his sending off, I seem to recall it was a silly tackle in a non threatening area of the pitch, had to google the rest though.

Yeah and I think Roberts came as as a substitute for Crouch and Huckerby has come off, perhaps for Ryan Jarvis. It only stuck in my mind because as I was walking out of the ground someone made a comment about how maybe we're not as reliant on our loan players as we might think as we were 1-0 down when all three were playing, one got a red card, the other two got subbed off and we wound up winning 2-1.

On 22/11/2018 at 22:20, Duncan Edwards said:

I thought he got sent off against Derby for some reason. He seemed quite a direct right sided midfielder but never appeared again after the red. 

It was a terrible challenge, flew in two footed. Straight red. But we somehow won the game thanks to a twice taken penalty and a last minute goal from Fr Mulryne

2 minutes ago, Tim Allman said:

It was a terrible challenge, flew in two footed. Straight red. But we somehow won the game thanks to a twice taken penalty and a last minute goal from Fr Mulryne

"Tell me Father, what is the Churches position on twice taken penalties?"

"That would be an ecumenical matter".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1