Sign in to follow this  
USAcanary

Why is the length of Worthys Contract such a big secret?

The excellent story published by the pikun "Contracts ''in line with best practice''  by Chris Lakey from the front page.

What is Neil Doncaster hiding? Although its often never discussed exactly what  players financial terms are I have never known it to be a secret of the length of the contract.

The lengths of players contracts are openly discussed all the time.

Worthy is an employee of the club just the same as any footballer. Why should he be exempt when the players are not.

What kind of PR bunk is "in line with bets practices"

Sorry Neil, you sound like a good guy but sometimes its best to say "no comment" rather than try and spin the fans.

Nice job by the pinkun/chris lakey for putting up this important story.

I think this is a strange remark too.

Why is a player''s contract a matter of public record and the managers not?

They are all equally in the public eye, if thats the criteria

If not, what is the difference?

In line with my thoughts USA canary !    Doncaster   comes up with the magic word " Staff  "  ....  and " Staff "   , somehow ,  is sacred !    noone shall know   what this " inner circle "  has in the way of contracts and wages .... whereas  the  " non staff "   has no such privilage !   makes you wonder  why  ?

its just strange why they would not even give you an idea of its length.

Would not suprise me if they added some clauses at the time that would make them look silly now.

(such as payoffs if sacked ect.)

When someone is cagey about something I think you can assume they have something to hide.

What is the point of these "open meetings" when they board cannot answer a simple question about the length of an employee contract.

Its funny if they sell a player they often talk about when he is out of contract ect ect to make the position sound more reasonable.