Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Name your worst ever actual Norwich XI

2 hours ago, Old Shuck said:

To be fair to Davie Robb, he was superb on his debut which was also on MOTD. But after that game, yes, things were a little...disappointing!

Naismith did that too!

9 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

Thanks, if anything better than I remembered !

I think I can see myself in the crowd shot celebrating after the goal :classic_biggrin:

Andrew Crofts was the player I thought would step up to Premier League level the easiest when we won promotion. Shows what I know!

3 hours ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Any of the line-ups when we had sold all our strikers and had Rob Newman up front.

Have you forgotten The Doc ? 😂

One of the worst games I can remember was a 1-1 draw with Walsall on a bitterly cold New Year's Day and also one of the single worst individual performances from Brian McGovern. I think he got hooked at half time after spending the entire half hoofing balls up the right touchline, to no-one in particular.

Apples

I saw Brian McGovern in a pre season friendly against Col U. God, he was rubbish,  it was Worthy's first season in charge I think... don't remember ever seeing him again. 

Theoklitos

Hughes    Ward     Omozuzi    Louis-Jean

Muzinic    Fotheringham   Brellier  De-Waard

Kane   Coney

2 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Was at Burnley when we got beat 4-1 (I think) under Roeder.

Cant remember team but we were dreadful.

Away at Burnley or against Burnely?

Found a 4-1 Home Defeat to Burnley 2006 which saw Worthington sacked. That one?

Norwich: Gallacher, Colin, Fleming, Doherty, Boyle (Shackell 62), Croft (Hughes 71), Safri, Robinson, Huckerby, Dublin (Thorne 65), Earnshaw.
Subs Not Used: Camp, Ryan Jarvis.

2 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Was at Burnley when we got beat 4-1 (I think) under Roeder.

Cant remember team but we were dreadful.

Only Burnley defeat I can find for Roeder was 2-0 November 2008

Norwich: Marshall, Omozusi (Otsemobor 62), Kennedy, Doherty, Drury, Bell, Clingan, Fotheringham (Cureton 71), Croft (Pattison 62), Lita, Russell.
Subs Not Used: Bertrand, Nelson.

The worst team I think I saw play was against Reading in April 2009 when we lost 2-0 and League One was beckoning. 

Norwich: Marshall, Otsemobor, Shackell (Leijer 79), Doherty, Bertrand, Gow, Clingan, Russell, Carney (Daley 74), Lee, McDonald.
Subs Not Used: Nelson, Cureton, Lappin.

1 hour ago, Cosmic Twin said:

The worst team I think I saw play was against Reading in April 2009 when we lost 2-0 and League One was beckoning. 

Norwich: Marshall, Otsemobor, Shackell (Leijer 79), Doherty, Bertrand, Gow, Clingan, Russell, Carney (Daley 74), Lee, McDonald.
Subs Not Used: Nelson, Cureton, Lappin.

Yeah, that's pretty poor. 4 loanees by my count

6 minutes ago, Cosmic Twin said:

Who was Daley? I have no recollection of him at all! 😆

Luke Daley. Local lad - played a handful of times in League One.

Luke Daley was what our academy was producing in those days.  Fast and nominally a winger.  Lambert used him to change things up in league one a few times before we signed MacNamee iirc.

That Reading team had 6 loanees, as Shackell was back on loan from wolves at the time. 

Lee, Shackell, Leijer, Bertrand, Gow and Carney.

It’s a pretty good bet for this thread for me. Although 3 went on to play in the prem with other teams later.

23 hours ago, 65Vintage said:

Theoklitos

Hughes    Ward     Omozuzi    Louis-Jean

Muzinic    Fotheringham   Brellier  De-Waard

Kane   Coney

Is that Elliott Ward?

He shouldn't be anywhere near a worst team. Neither should Kane.

3 minutes ago, GJP said:

Is that Elliott Ward?

He shouldn't be anywhere near a worst team. Neither should Kane.

Kane never scored for us - a bit tongue in cheek! I should have chosen Mike Sheron maybe in hindsight. Elliot Ward made some huge howlers - to be fair it's hard to choose bad CB's, as did Bassong & Docherty at time, but they both won player of the season once each so hard to pick them! Some people chose Fleming who was awesome with Malky - so not an easy choice. Had a nice chat with Ward at Whittlingham Country Park where he was walking his dog - nice bloke - very honest about NCFC  questions - maybe too honest!

Ward was superb in the promotion season. Just struggled a bit in the Prem against genuine world class forwards - like Suarez.

14 hours ago, If wed only kept Howie.. said:

bad centrebacks? what about Stefanovic? Archibald-Henville? Leijer? Rehman?

Stefanovic looked ok but got injured very early on and never recovered. I'm not sure Archibald-Henville ever actually played did he? 

Rehman was **** poor though. There is an exceptionally ****e XI to be built out of players we've had on loan.

David Strihavka has to get a shout. Wasn't he only here for like 6 months before we terminated his contract? And his only goal was from Dion Dublin literally walking him through what to do before a ball came in, from a corner maybe?

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

David Strihavka has to get a shout. Wasn't he only here for like 6 months before we terminated his contract?

That was some weird contract- we announced we'd signed him on a long term deal then it turned out he was basically on loan with an agreed fee to keep him for another 3 years.

He did go on to play in the UEFA Cup though.