Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Sheff Utd thugs dealt with...

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/crime/sheffield-united-fan-fined-10000-suspended-prison-sentence-attack-norwich-city-supporters-1-5784581

One fined 10k and given a suspended sentence. 4 others given suspended sentences. All given football banning orders.

Glad the c***s have reaped what they sowed. Just a shame they werent sent down so they could prove what big men they are...

Edited by kick it off

A 59 and 53 year old were also involved. A 19 year old acting like a **** is slightly more forgivable than two older, probable grandfathers, doing the same. Grow up you sad old gits.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

A 59 and 53 year old were also involved. A 19 year old acting like a **** is slightly more forgivable than two older, probable grandfathers, doing the same. Grow up you sad old gits.

Couldn't agree more Herman, they REALLY should have known better.

I think what's more shocking is the support they recieved on their fan forum and some saying it would happen again.

I think you just have this accept, there are some clubs that behave poorly from top to bottom. 

Bad clubs. Dreadful fans. A sad truth in life that has to be accepted. 

I wasn't born in Norwich, but my dad was and so were my grandparents. 

Theres a very good reason I love and support this club, and my dad was never much of a football fan, but I am. 

Edited by Chelm Canary
  • Like 1

£10,000 fine !

I wonder if any of that was compensation - it should be. Costs of lost work, treatment etc

The banning order is not near long enough

10 years should be the minimum. Their type are not welcome. They went to the Norwich end solely to cause trouble.

Let it be seen that that if you choose this type of action, football will choose to exclude you.

• Like 2

Under FSA 1989, the length of a football banning order will depend on whether an individual has been convicted of an offence and whether they have been ordered to immediate imprisonment.

• When made following a conviction, a football banning order may be made for a maximum of ten years and a minimum of six years if an immediate prison sentence is imposed.
  • When made following a conviction for a football related offence, but where no immediate imprisonment is imposed, the maximum period is five years and the minimum three years.
  • Where a banning order is imposed following an application of the police to the court, but where there has been no conviction, the maximum is three years and the minimum two years.

Thank you, rightly pointing out that it is not the judges being soft they have to follow what is laid down.

Which I expect means that 'cutting off their goolies' is not an option either 😉

I would imagine there is zero chance of a penny of the fine ever being paid. The suspended sentence will never be served.

Therefoe  the punishment dished out means nothing.

A jail sentence would be far more appropriate. 

21 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

When Bill talks about 'cutting off their goolies' he's talking about this comedy classic. 😁

I have to admit I'm old enough to remember this from when it was first on TV !  Brilliant !