Sign in to follow this  
Diane

Interview with Zoe Ward

20 minutes ago, Diane said:

I started the thread because I thought it was a great interview plus I didn't think many people were too aware of Zoe's credentials. 

Great decision by the board to restructure this way, great time to be a Norwich fan.

Thanks for sharing Diane would have missed  it otherwise. Just a shame the thread was turned into a school playground by some!

To my embarrassment I had forgotten about the backroom changes and my first reaction was "who's Zoe Ward" so it was a good reminder of the people we have working at the club. She comes across as a decent person and someone that will do a bloody good job for us. Hopefully this will last for a few years hence👍

Now for more on Ben Kensell.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

To my embarrassment I had forgotten about the backroom changes and my first reaction was "who's Zoe Ward" so it was a good reminder of the people we have working at the club. She comes across as a decent person and someone that will do a bloody good job for us. Hopefully this will last for a few years hence👍

Now for more on Ben Kensell.

Herman, I know Ben really well as he was one of 3 people at the club who helped me set up our fans social club nearly 4 yrs ago.

This interview he did recently tells you more about his background

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2018/october/ben-kensell-media-briefing/

Also a bit more here

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-new-chief-operating-officer-ben-kensell-gives-first-interview-1-5740615

Edited by Diane
Spelling

Thanks Diane, I missed those interviews. Reading them I feel as if we are in very good hands. Youthful, ambitious and excited to do a good job for us.

More fan inclusion---Great idea.

More use of the stadium for events etc.-----Great idea

Bringing Colney up to 21st century standards---Great idea

Working with groups like CSF-----Great idea.

For a club without a massive financial backer we still seem to be an a healthy state.

I really do wish posters wouldn't highlight interviews and news like this, because they are bound to give gullible fans the impression that the owners, the chairman and even the other freeloading directors have the faintest idea what they're doing when we all know that cannot possibly be the case.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Not one to be a conspiracy theorist - however the timing of this seems to me the club saying 'if we lose one, we're not guaranteed to lose the other.'

whichever way it goes, lets just hope we can enjoy the efforts of those three for some time to come

I honestly think they just saw the reactions of certain people and responded, also it's an international break so the journos want to put something interesting out.  I think a lot of people didn't know that Stuart Webber didn't actually bring her to the club.

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I honestly think they just saw the reactions of certain people and responded, also it's an international break so the journos want to put something interesting out.  I think a lot of people didn't know that Stuart Webber didn't actually bring her to the club.

No youre right. Alot of people assumed she came after Webber - if the Facebook groups are anything to go by.

Very positive interview that reflects very well on the club and Zoe.

It reinforces the view that the club is getting so much right that both her and husband are here, players like Maddison have come through on the way up and very promising non UK footballers have joined us.

The only downside is that it has taken this long for some of the 'moaning minnies' on here to finally grasp what this was all about - but it a spirit of generosity I would say welcome back, welcome back on board again ........and hold tight, because I think we are where we were in Nov 2009.

Hooray for us all

😃

Edited by Bill

12 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Reading between the lines, as she was already here it could be assumed that she actually brought him to the club if she knew that they were going to look for a sporting director.Perhaps he might not have been the preferred choice at the outset.Perhaps she thought  it might save on her commuting (assuming that she was of course).Does it really matter.At the moment we are in a win win situation.Suck it up

Thanks Diane, and for the additional Ben Kensell pieces too, would have missed those otherwise.

PS: Always amazes me how some people can turn absolutely any thread into playground flirting!

I'm glad the EDP have taken the time to do these interviews once Steve Stone left.  It would have been easy to just stick with interviewing Stuart Webber and Ben Kensall, but with Zoe Ward making up the 3rd part of the new Exec Committee, it's important that we hear/read all about her and her role as well, as well as the fact that she's married to Stuart Webber.

Someone mentioned how it reassures fans that it wouldn't be a concern if one left (e.g. Webber to Southampton), but I do find it a little concerning for the longer term having a married coulple as 2 of the 3 on the Executive Board.

Looking at the credentials of all of them, including Kensell's it's clear that creating this triumvirate (the word he uses!) in effect left Stone without a proper job.

Too many married couples at the club.

There's that there Delilah woman and her bloke Winalot (and lose more)

Next we will have some poor woman slaving away at the bar while her lazy other half sits on his ar se

We need an 'hinvester'

5 hours ago, Bill said:

Too many married couples at the club.

Next we will have some poor woman slaving away at the bar while her lazy other half sits on his ar se

Yep it has been going on for ten years now she tells me. 😜

Though probably not was is meant when folk talk about 'putting them behind bars 🍹

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

Though probably not was is meant when folk talk about 'putting them behind bars 🍹

14 years already served behind bars before Carrow Road. 🍺