Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Whatever Happened To Twenty Is Plenty ?

Away Fans tickets at Sheffield Wednesday £36, Swansea £30 and just been announced that Bristol City is £32. As a coffin dodger i am fully aware that concessions are cheaper but Bristol City which i am going to is still £29 !

Til,

I'm hoping to go to Bristol & take my daughter (who's at Uni there). 

Are tickets available?  I can't see anything on the website.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Twenty is Plenty was a Premier League related thing wasn't it?

Ah yes hoggy but it was claimed as a victory when it was limited to £30 not £20 which is what the campaign centred around.. A lot of willy waving was going on at the time over it but it now seems to have been put on the back burner.

24 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Ah yes hoggy but it was claimed as a victory when it was limited to £30 not £20 which is what the campaign centred around.. A lot of willy waving was going on at the time over it but it now seems to have been put on the back burner.

Ah ok, so are you saying the championship was limited to £30? Has it only lasted for a season then? Saying that im sure Leeds was over 30 last season. 

16 hours ago, hogesar said:

Ah ok, so are you saying the championship was limited to £30? Has it only lasted for a season then? Saying that im sure Leeds was over 30 last season. 

No i am not saying The Championship was limited to £30. The Premeirship was but as soon as we dropped a division we have been subjected to some stupid pricing. Yes there is the odd great deal going around like Hull is £12 but that is due in the main to Hull fans boycotting in their thousands because of the hated owner and coupled with them have a poor season so far and our game being on a cold damp ( possibly ) night in November they had to do something to get punters through the turnstiles.

As i said a lot of willy waving took place locally when the £30 ceiling came about in Premiership but for some reason these same people do not seem concerned in making a case for Norwich fans and for that matter other clubs down here in The Championship. Fenway Frank has pointed about that some clubs got together and agreed a £20 ceiling amongst themselves but Norwich declined to get involved. Surely a job for the willy wavers to take up on our behalf ?

I have just read on Facebook where Bolton are charging £35 for Wigan fans in their upcoming local derby. If that is true absolutely outrageous.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

No i am not saying The Championship was limited to £30. The Premeirship was but as soon as we dropped a division we have been subjected to some stupid pricing. Yes there is the odd great deal going around like Hull is £12 but that is due in the main to Hull fans boycotting in their thousands because of the hated owner and coupled with them have a poor season so far and our game being on a cold damp ( possibly ) night in November they had to do something to get punters through the turnstiles.

As i said a lot of willy waving took place locally when the £30 ceiling came about in Premiership but for some reason these same people do not seem concerned in making a case for Norwich fans and for that matter other clubs down here in The Championship. Fenway Frank has pointed about that some clubs got together and agreed a £20 ceiling amongst themselves but Norwich declined to get involved. Surely a job for the willy wavers to take up on our behalf ?

I have just read on Facebook where Bolton are charging £35 for Wigan fans in their upcoming local derby. If that is true absolutely outrageous.

Maybe a job for the Canaries Trust? Or are they too busy cosying up to Tom Smith?

Looks like the initial allocation at £12 have sold out for the Hull game and more tickets are now available at £18.

On 15/11/2018 at 21:09, hogesar said:

Twenty is Plenty was a Premier League related thing wasn't it?

For context, “Twenty is plenty” was actually the catchy slogan of an Football Supporters Feberation (FSF) ticket pricing campaign, which started in January 2013.

The campaign was starting to generate significant media interest, with coordinated campaigns at various Premier League games. However, the real game changer for the Premier League, who’d virtually refused to discuss the matter with the FSF at that point, was when Liverpool fans left early in the 77th minute, during a live TV game, against Sunderland in February 2016. Suddenly, Premier League clubs agreed to cap the price away fans to £30 for adults, but only from the start of the following 2016-17 season.

Championship clubs then decided, around the same time, not to pursue a similar policy, leaving it to individual clubs to set their own pricing structures.

1 hour ago, DAVID SEWELL said:

I suppose with things going annoyingly well on the pitch Til1010 has to look elsewhere for his sniping,

Prepare yourselves, I’ll get the popcorn 😋

5 hours ago, DAVID SEWELL said:

I suppose with things going annoyingly well on the pitch Til1010 has to look elsewhere for his sniping,

Sniping about tickets prices in The Championship being £30 or more for Sheff Wed, Swansea and Bristol City involving our club either  in games played or about to be played  yep i will take that any day unless of course those lining up to take a pop at me find those prices justifiable.

I'm a big fan of 20's plenty. My cul-de-sac is no more than 80 metres long but it doesn't stop the reprobate with the bmw from down the end doing his best to hit 40mph on his way past. Idiot, slow down.

8 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Sniping about tickets prices in The Championship being £30 or more for Sheff Wed, Swansea and Bristol City involving our club either  in games played or about to be played  yep i will take that any day unless of course those lining up to take a pop at me find those prices justifiable.

I'm guessing you're not bright enough to know what a 'straw man' is Til1010?

People get worked up about this, but it wasn't so long ago that there were strikes and demonstrations about fuel being £1.20 and it is now much more than that and not a dicky bird.  I'm all for cheap tickets, but are people willing to walk away to get them?  I doubt it. In fact if a ticket is £32 rather than £28, then it's not a big deal in the scheme of things. The PL is different, clubs have a much larger percentage of their income from TV deals. 

I'm guessing then you have no intention of discussing ticket pricing for away fans then Mr Sewell as your sole contributions to this forum so far have been poster bashing ?

55 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

People get worked up about this, but it wasn't so long ago that there were strikes and demonstrations about fuel being £1.20 and it is now much more than that and not a dicky bird.  I'm all for cheap tickets, but are people willing to walk away to get them?  I doubt it. In fact if a ticket is £32 rather than £28, then it's not a big deal in the scheme of things. The PL is different, clubs have a much larger percentage of their income from TV deals. 

What a daft analogy Lakey as there is not a choice with regard to petrol pricing because it is something that the country could not function without but football you do have a choice. You go to a game or you don't but getting a rough deal surely is a matter that is worth fans having representation over.

I am surprised that GMF implies that the Premier League bowed to pressure from the FSF but when it came to Championship clubs holding their ground that the fans representatives just rolled over and had their tummies tickled.

Edited by TIL 1010

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

What a daft analogy Lakey as there is not a choice with regard to petrol pricing because it is something that the country could not function without but football you do have a choice. You go to a game or you don't but getting a rough deal surely is a matter that is worth fans having representation over.

I am surprised that GMF implies that the Premier League bowed to pressure from the FSF but when it came to Championship clubs holding their ground that the fans representatives just rolled over and had their tummies tickled.

Surprised, or not, that’s what happened - a little research shows it to be so if you’re still in doubt.

It was a vote by the clubs, not fan groups, which led to the changes. If you’re interested, NCFC, as a Premier League club, voted in favour of the away fans cap at the time - they obviously couldn’t partake in the vote by Championship clubs!

Subsequently, as far as NCFC are concerned, there’s been a far more subtle change on casual game pricing; there being far less A* and A graded games and far more B, C and D priced matches.

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Ah, so you’re using it as an opportunity to have another go at fans groups.

I think you may be right FF. Find out which projects people you don't like are supporting (Twenty's Plenty, Safe Standing, the flags) and proceed to fire barbs at them at every available opportunity. Passes for entertainment on a quiet afternoon at the Cottage PH.

• Haha 1

To be fair, “David”, you have three posts so far, have recently joined up and have spent your entire time having pops at TIL yourself. It seems you have a very personal grudge against this poster. Are you the pot or kettle?