Sign in to follow this  
NWC

City piece on Football 365

Uncomfortable, but inevitable.

The spell of games after this break and leading up to the New Year will determine our genuine status at the very top or whether we are just one of the contenders for success.

Either way, I feel that this team have enough about them and enough strength in depth to be there or thereabouts at the season's end.

It will be an exciting season for all City fans.

It’s a pretty cringeworthy read for parts of it tbh. Delia cooking pun: check. Mention of “let’s be ‘avin’ you”: check. Plus as BYG commented, no mention of Webber and also implies it was the majority shareholders who found and appointed Farke. I think this was a quick google search of our recent games and watching highlights.

I used to like Football365 but it has gone really downhill of late as they are forced to chase clicks with listicles about the Big 6 clubs. Occasionally they pop up with something interesting about the lower leagues but this seems fairly poorly researched.

35 minutes ago, king canary said:

I used to like Football365 but it has gone really downhill of late as they are forced to chase clicks with listicles about the Big 6 clubs. Occasionally they pop up with something interesting about the lower leagues but this seems fairly poorly researched.

It used to be a fantastic site but has rapidly gone downhill, the Mediawatch section in particular. Previously it was fun natured and irreverent, now it’s more snarky and self-righteous. You also have to roll your eyes when they criticise other sites for click-baity articles and then find them doing exactly the same sort of thing. 

20 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

It used to be a fantastic site but has rapidly gone downhill, the Mediawatch section in particular. Previously it was fun natured and irreverent, now it’s more snarky and self-righteous. You also have to roll your eyes when they criticise other sites for click-baity articles and then find them doing exactly the same sort of thing. 

Yeah- Mediawatch used to be for pointing out funny gaffes or ridiculous hyperbole ('acewatch' was a proper favorite) but now it seems to be used for point scoring against media they don't like. I think sometimes they forget that everyone else isn't fascinated by the internal working of the sports media as they are.

Mind you the one thing it has been pretty good in highlighting is the ever shady sports betting industry.

Sheffield United: How the f**k has this happened?

Date published: Thursday 11th October 2018 12:48

Seems like I read something similar.........

F365 was a good site until sky bought it. Then they got rid of the stats section (which was really good) and it's all been downhill from there...