Sign in to follow this  
Jim Turner

To all Fleming moaners...

[quote user="Jim Turner"]

Sit down shut up, sit down shut up.

Come on City- if we can nick this the season can really kick on

[/quote]

Yeah, he''s such a prolific goal scorer that perhaps he should start at centre forward next match.

Still, I have to admit he''s more effective than Ashton at the moment.

I am not his greatest fan, but to be fair to him he''s got us a draw today and did well when he came on last saturday. Well done flem

Well done mate, perhaps you could just not bother turning up or posting on here if its too much effort to cheer an equaliser for city. Surely to be a support you have to try and support the team. Maybe your more of a loyal belittler than a supporter to be fair- how about trying to be a bit happy we didnt lose??

yeah  - well said, let''s all be chuffed we didnt lose to coventry who began the day in the relegation zone. and while we''re at it let''s celebrate as we managed to get a draw in the first half against bottom club millwall last week! and i''ve got another plan, when we get stuffed by derby next week, lets just be happy it was only 4-0 when it could have been 5 or even 6-0. . [8-)]

you''re having a laugh Jim - flem has been brilliant loyal servant but

alas is past his best now. He can still do an occasional job for us and

i''m pleased for him and the team he scored. I even heard one caller on

adams phone in saying flem should be back where he belongs in the team

- who would sensibly swop flem for the doc now? Also he''s okay at right

back when city are attacking a deep coventry defence, but a quick

winger would terrorise hime for pace.

well done flemmo! been a bit of the forgotten man this seaon but popped up when it mattered!always worth a punt on him at Ladbrokes!

jas :)

What Bedscanary?! he didn''t look anywhere near our best player on the pitch, at anytime.

Didn''t you love the way he steered it in with his shin :-)

Flem will get a chance in his proper position when Dav goes

Fleming''s a great player for Norwich. His role is a destroyer. They say George Best made the ball his friend - to Flem the ball''s an enemy, and anyone who has it is an enemy. The trouble is, it doesn''t like him much either. If he tries to pass it more than 10 metres, it never does what he wants. Boy, was I worried when Flem and Brennan came on, but to their credit they didn''t let the side down.

Why so much joy at a goal?  He had a chance and took it - it does not make up for 15 months worth of poor performances before that nor Worthys stubborness in refusing to drop him.  Thanks for the goal flem - it gave us a vital point but this team should be doing so much better against yet another poor side.

As you know I am not the biggest Flem fan in the world but I was delighted to see him find the net and us scrape a point.  As others have pointed out Flem has done us proud over the years but he is past his prime. 

However he remains a valuable squad member to be used in circumstances like yesterdays - covering for injuries which he can do well.   Personally I would still like us to be playing Colin instead of Wright or Flem but Flem is the right defender sub - covers centre and r-back.

He should not recalled to the starting 11 except for injuries but we all know that wont be the case.

Come on shacks - please get fit soon...

OTBC

The point about Flemings goal is not the quality of the strike but the fact that the ''old man'' had made the run and had the anticipation to be where he was to let the ball hit him. Colin might have been some distance away based on what I have seen of him so far.

For years Fleming was the best defender at the club. He is a true pro and I will certainly be attending is testimonial when he arranges it whatever the position with the club at the time.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

For years Fleming was the best defender at the club. He is a true

pro and I will certainly be attending is testimonial when he arranges

it whatever the position with the club at the time.

[/quote]

I think this proves flem always brings a lump to your throat!