Nothing really, he's played in the cup games but is a long way off pushing Aaron's for a place at RB. Looks a little too small and lightweight as a RB, probably better suited to RWB which we've not really used this season

He could prove to be the natural back up for Aarons, as Marshall and Pinto haven't shown they have what it takes to be right backs in Farke's system up until now.Ā  Pinto still gets caught wildly out of position, as shown against Bn'mth and Marshall looked less than secure early in the season in that position.Ā  In fact I would prefer to see Passlack as the main back up to Aarons.....unless the other two have improved/assimilated better by the time they get another chance.

Ā 

If he turns out any thing like Steiperman then he''ll do well - as the latter looked to be an 'odd job man' filling in where needed.

I expect, probably more than hope, he will come good.

On 14/11/2018 at 00:59, Icecream Snow said:

As Bethnal said though, I wouldn't be surprised if Borussia Dortmund cancelled the loan in January due to his lack of game time.

Agree completely. I've said as much elsewhere before. Seemed a hell of a coup getting him in, but don't think anyone foresaw the emergence of Aarons to such a degree - we had Pinto and that Southampton midfielder at RB last season. The lad needs to go elsewhere to get his career back on track.Ā 

It depends on whether he would get any more game time at his home club. He may well get his chance in the league team at some stage, because if aarons gets suspended or injured, we will need someone who can do something like what he does for the team and imo, Passlack is more likely to be able to do that than Pinto or Marshall, unless they have improved a bit since they played earlier in the season.

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It depends on whether he would get any more game time at his home club.

No it doesn't. It depends on whether Dortmund could find another club to loan him to that would play him more. He was recalled from a similar loan last year due to not playing.

Blimey, does no-one recognise his worth?Ā Ā  He is a full on competitor and is well versed in the style we are playing. We are lucky to have him, as he may well be needed later in the season.

Ā 

Incorrect.Ā I think if we were that lucky to have him heā€™d actually regularly make a squad. We have players who can fill in there if required (heā€™s also not suited to be a right back anyway, from what Iā€™ve read).

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Blimey, does no-one recognise his worth?Ā Ā  He is a full on competitor and is well versed in the style we are playing. We are lucky to have him, as he may well be needed later in the season.

Ā 

He has so far failed to beat out an 18 year old with zero first team experience and a right winger being played out of position. Add in the fact he doesn't even count towards the home grown quota and I'm not totally sure what worth we're supposed to be recognizing right now?

Heā€™s a good player who could easily play right back for Norwich in the league, or right wing. Ā However being non-homegrown means that he canā€™t get on the bench.Ā 

Probably best for all if he goes in January, although a shame as he is a very talented player. If other non-homegrown players are sold in the window then heā€™ll have more of a chance, but ultimately he seems a bit superfluous to needs.Ā 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Heā€™sļ»æ a good player who could easily play right back for Norwich in the league, or ļ»ærightļ»æ wingļ»æļ»æļ»æ

To be honest I think people just assume because he has played for Dortmund he must be good enough for here.Ā 

We've started 3Ā different right backs in the league this season yet he's yet to even get a minute outside of cup games. This, combined with the situation at Hoffenheim suggests maybe he actually isn't all that.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

To be honest I think people just assume because he has played for Dortmund he must be good enough for here.Ā 

We've started 3Ā different right backs in the league this season yet he's yet to even get a minute outside of cup games. This, combined with the situation at Hoffenheim suggests maybe he actually isn't all that.

He looked a bit off the pace at the beginning of the season and Farke wanted to play Marshall at right back for his crossing ability (didnā€™t Passlack also pick up an injury). He showed against Bournemouth that he is easily good enough for the Championship, although that was in an advanced role.Ā 

I do think if Norwich werenā€™t up against it with homegrown players Felix would have had more game time.Ā 

Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

He looked a bit off the pace at the beginning of the season and Farke wanted to play Marshall at right back for his crossing ability (didnā€™t Passlack also pickļ»æ upļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æ an injurļ»æyļ»æļ»æ). He showed against Bournemouth that he is easily good enough for the Championshipļ»æļ»æ, althouļ»æghļ»æ that was in an advanced role.Ā 

I do think if Norwich werenā€™t up against it with homegrown players Felixļ»æ would have had more game time.Ā ļ»æ

Equally I think if he was as good as some people think we'd have made space for him on the bench at least. For instance we started Millwall with 4 players on the bench capable of playing in central midfield- if Passlack was impressing enough I'm sure we could have gone without Trybull on the bench.

It is just a guess but the fact he's not even getting on the bench suggests maybe he's not doing enough in training to earn that chance.

In terms of holding onto a game or changing a game Trybull and Vrancic probably offer more than a right back, assume that's why they're ahead of him on the bench most weeks. He did make the squad vs Villa when Tettey was out, so I doubt he's that far away from being in the squad when it comes to ability.

We're probably an injury to any one of about half the squad to him being in the squad.

So, with injuries to Hanley and MacLean, we've lost 2 homegrowns, meaning he's dropped further down the list. You wouldn't want to change any of the current starting 11 with all the 'foreign' players and with Godfrey being the cover for centre half or right back AND homegrown, it's not really a surprise. As Kieran says, Trybull and Vrancic are there on the bench to protect a lead or go for it if needed and Cantwell or Marshall offer more going forward for me.

Whatever happens with Passlack, it would be a good idea to maintain what seems to be a decent relationship with Dortmund as loans from big clubs around Europe are a very useful string in our bow. Personally I thought he looked pretty good against Bournemouth, was tenaciousi and skillful,if a little lightweight.

If the management team had foreseen the meteoric rise of max Aarons, I doubt that we would have taken him on loan in the first place.Ā 

The only caveat I would add, would be that if we took him on loan with a view to buy and the management still want to pursue the sale, then someone should explain all the angles ofĀ  his time/ future with us . If they haven't done so already.

• Like 1

Agree with the other posters who said how decent he looked at Bournemouth - I thought he was excellent. I believe Jurgen Klopp regards him very highly, as do Dortmund. Coupled with what I saw myself, thatā€™s more than good enough for me.Ā With a goodĀ possibility of Ivo orĀ Marshall, if not both,Ā moving on in January thusĀ leaving only first choice Aarons at RB, then it is highly likely heā€™ll get hisĀ chance at some point in the coming months even with the homegrown rule. But asĀ Bethnal has said, I would imagine Dortmund mayĀ well have other plans as things stand unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

With a goļ»æodĀ posļ»æsibiliļ»æty of Ivo orĀ Maļ»ærshallļ»æ, ifļ»æ ļ»ænot both,Ā moving on in Januarļ»æyļ»æ

Where has this good possibility of Marshall leaving come from??

If Marshall doesn't break into the side come the summer I think he'll be a quick sale like Watkins/Husband. Not sure there's been anything rumoured though.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

He has so far failed to beat out an 18 year old with zero first team experience and a right winger being played out of position. Add in the fact he doesn't even count towards the home grown quota and I'm not totally sure what worth we're supposed to be recognizing right now?

The home grown rule may have some bearing, but the fact that he hasn't beaten Aarons to a place in the team is because Aarons has been exceptional.Ā Ā  We started the season with Marshall at RB, that didn't work well,Ā  we then saw Pinto, that wasn't great, we then had Aarons who was plainly knocking on the door anyway - and the rest is history.Ā  Passlack is here for a good reason.

• Like 1

I went to the Bournemouth game (It's only 20 min from me) I had to sit in the home end as all my mates are Bournemouth fans. The consensus amongĀ them was that of all the players on show if they could have signed one player it would have been Passlack. On the wing he looked quality all match, I'd say the form of emi has had more effect to the his playing time than Aaron.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

If Marshall doesn't break into the side come the summer I think he'll be a quick sale like Watkins/Husband. Not sure there's been anything rumoured though.

I very much doubt we'll be letting any home-grown players leave in January unless we get a ridiculous offer for Lewis/Aarons/Cantwell. I think it's more likely we'll offload Pinto and Passlack (and Oliveira obviously) to try to redress that balance.

7 hours ago, Bannana Boy said:

Can his loan be cancelled?Ā 

I though international loans are, essentially, one-season permament transfers.

Any loan can be cancelled if both clubs agree to it.Ā 

International loans can also have one sided cancellation options added like domestic loans.Ā 

1 hour ago, Badger said:

BYG - any idea where a no deal Brexit would leave us with our non home-grown players?

Hard to say as a lot depends on what the FA/EFL and Home Office decide to do.Ā 

If the EFLĀ donā€™t change their rules then home-grown stuff wonā€™t change, players can be home grown or not regardless of nationality. The issue will be with work permits, if nothing changes then all players without a British passport, or indefinite leave to remain,Ā will need to get a new work permit everytime they renew their contract (if the contract includes an extension, which is 99% of the time).Ā 

I suspect the FA and Home Office will change the work permit rules and players will be subjected to the sameĀ immigration rules as everyone else (although what these will be post Brexit is also completely unpredictable). I would guessĀ as footballers are generally highly paid individuals then they should be able to get visas.Ā 

Ultimately I wouldnā€™t be hugely surprised if we end up to a situation that is fairly common across other leagues,Ā where there is a limit on non-domestic players. This will probably be based on nationality rather than something like the home-grown rule.Ā 

Another knock on will be clubs being banned from signing youth players under-18 from outside the UK. So Norwich wonā€™t be able to sign someone like Adam Idah or the Icelandic lads in the academy again after April.Ā 

A worst case senario is that Norwich wonā€™t be able to renew players like Leitner, Pukki, Zimmermannā€™s contracts and they have to be sold or the club risk losing them for free.Ā