Sign in to follow this  
Val

Pukki to Turkey ?

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Wishful thinking... why would they then send a scout to watch a player who hasn't been in a first-team squad all season? However, if they do come sniffing for Pukki, we can tell them "sorry fellas, Pukki is priced at £10m, but you can have a younger Portuguese international for £2.5m"...

Maybe FTW, but nothing to say representatives from Galatasaray had not come over at the weekend to meet Nelson - and took in the game too where I’m sure Pukki, and others, caught the eye. 

9 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Maybe FTW, but nothing to say representatives from Galatasaray had not come over at the weekend to meet Nelson - and took in the game too where I’m sure Pukki, and others, caught the eye. 

Yeah, but I don't want to believe it's a possibility, because I don't want to get my hopes up... please be right! 😉

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

This is just delusional to be honest- when you sign a player, generally that player will go to visit the club, not the other way round. 

And that, as they say, is that.

I don't think our board are quite daft enough to shift out a player who is doing really well after half a season. Player sales for first teamers from now on won't happen until the summer and, only then, if we don't go up. That's always been my opinion of the way things are now.

When Pukki joined Norwich, there were rumours that he declined  $800k-$1100k offers various clubs (Greece/Turkey)

There was also interest in Bundesliga for Teemu.

Still he chose Norwich, and I don’t know what are the salaries in Championship but I think he earns less than what was offered at other clubs.

I think he chose Norwich for family reasons, raising he’s kid there + for the possibility to play in the PL in the future.

• Like 1

“It is obviously flattering, but at the same time I know that rumours always circulate. Most do not match,” he said. “(How much would you be interested on a possible move to Istanbul?) Not so badly. Me and my family are enjoying ourselves very much in Norwich.”

I don't he's exactly ruling it out, is he?. I'm sure if the money were right for all parties, he'd leave. And this isn't meant as a criticism of any of the parties involved in any potential transfer.

I'm afraid this is what we do ,we get a really good player ,then in comes a big money offer and it can't be resisted,he would be a massive blow to our season as don't think anyone can replace him at moment .just hope he wants to stay but money will probably be to tempting.

• Like 1

I think Teemu would be happy to give us until the summer at least. He came here to join our project but also with his own personal project of shooting for the Premier League (if I remember his early interviews correctly).

I also think he's more than aware of how moving at the wrong time to a top-level club can be much more negative than positive- see Shalke, Celtic and Sevilla.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I think Teemu would be happy to give us until the summer at least. He came here to join our project but also with his own personal project of shooting for the Premier League (if I remember his early interviews correctly).

I also think he's more than aware of how moving at the wrong time to a top-level club can be much more negative than positive- see Shalke, Celtic and Sevilla.

Think you’re spot on Mason.

17 hours ago, Yellowhammer said:

I'm afraid this is what we do ,we get a really good player ,then in comes a big money offer and it can't be resisted,he would be a massive blow to our season as don't think anyone can replace him at moment .just hope he wants to stay but money will probably be to tempting.

Yeah, but everyone said Maddison was irreplaceable, didn't they? It's part of the philosophy -- you lose players, you adapt. Losing Pukki in January would be a blow, but in Rhodes we have a natural goalscorer to lead the line, I'm sure we'd bring someone in to replace Pukki, plus Adam Idah is waiting in the wings and it's easier than ever to transition youth teamers into this squad/team.

Obviously I'd love Teemu to stay, but it's not necessarily a fatal blow to our promotion chances if he does leave. I'd be more concerned if we lost Lewis, personally.