Sign in to follow this  
Val

Pukki to Turkey ?

Galatasaray is ready with a big pile of cash.

Worst nightmare is happening. 😖 

https://kralspor.ensonhaber.com/hasan-sasin-izledigi-forvet-teemu-pukki-2018-11-12.html

We're going to get this kind of thing about several of pur players, it's actually a very good thing, because it means they are doing well which means the club is doing well.

We have the players, they are under contract, we are the only ones that will gain form any of this, but I would be surprised if any of the key players moved before the end of the season - they came to Norwich for a reason and the fact that we are doing well will keep them here at least to the end of this season, at least.  If they stay and we are promoted they will be in the top league, will get better money and be at the level they want to be. if we don't get promoted, then yes, one or two may want to move or be poached, but it''s the way of the world, like it was with Maddison - enjoy the players while they are here.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

We're going to get this kind of thing about several of pur players, it's actually a very good thing, because it means they are doing well which means the club is doing well.

We have the players, they are under contract, we are the only ones that will gain form any of this, but I would be surprised if any of the key players moved before the end of the season - they came to Norwich for a reason and the fact that we are doing well will keep them here at least to the end of this season, at least.  If they stay and we are promoted they will be in the top league, will get better money and be at the level they want to be. if we don't get promoted, then yes, one or two may want to move or be poached, but it''s the way of the world, like it was with Maddison - enjoy the players while they are here.

True, but you never know whats the club urge for those millions.

My translation of that page is 

Galatasaray assistant coach Umit Davala led the team in the field against Kayserispor, next to was Levent Sahin.

Hasan Şaş received 8 games against PFDK. Coach Fatih Terim, Kayseri, England, sent his coach, Hasan Shash'ın here, Norwich, Milwall's 4-3, followed the match turned out to follow.
2 GOL ATTI

Coach ÅžaÅŸ scored 2 goals in a challenging match and followed Teemu Pukki on Galatasaray's agenda at the beginning of the season.

This season, 13 goals in the championship of the Finnish striker, 7 goals, 2 assists and attracted attention by doing.

Teemu Pukki was transferred to Norwich from Bröndby free of charge at the beginning of the season.

Pukki will be transferred for a small amount if the term is requested.

A small amount for him will not work !

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

My translation of that page is 

Galatasaray assistant coach Umit Davala led the team in the field against Kayserispor, next to was Levent Sahin.

Hasan Şaş received 8 games against PFDK. Coach Fatih Terim, Kayseri, England, sent his coach, Hasan Shash'ın here, Norwich, Milwall's 4-3, followed the match turned out to follow.
2 GOL ATTI

Coach ÅžaÅŸ scored 2 goals in a challenging match and followed Teemu Pukki on Galatasaray's agenda at the beginning of the season.

This season, 13 goals in the championship of the Finnish striker, 7 goals, 2 assists and attracted attention by doing.

Teemu Pukki was transferred to Norwich from Bröndby free of charge at the beginning of the season.

Pukki will be transferred for a small amount if the term is requested.

A small amount for him will not work !

This is our finnish newspaper story for that and there it says very different.
https://www.iltalehti.fi/jalkapallo/5d8f62ac-b33d-4cce-9c7e-3171f64f16cd_jp.shtml

Translation: Galatasaray is willing to pay lavishly.

The key thing is would the club want to sell him at this stage, imo no and would the player want to move anyway during the season, again imo no.   He came to us despite better financial offers and I also seem to remember he said wants to prove himself in this country and that means the PL.  He can stay with us this season and hopefully go up with us, or do well for us this season and if we don't go up, sure as eggs is eggs, some PL club would come in for him.....even then he might prefer to stay with us if the vibe is still good.

If people think we'll really sell Pukki in Jan then they need their heads read, in my opinion. It would be crazy for him to go there at this point, with how well we're doing and him on the verge (if not there already) of hero status here in UK! Playing Prem football is the prize on offer and if we get there I very much expect him to be our striker.

Don't say "Oh but it's warm in Turkey... " or "Ohhh they have Champions League football!!!"

Pukki is from Finland and wherever he's played has been a cold country pretty much! Secondly, doesn't matter if they have Champs League as they rarely last very long in it anyway! Ok, this is twisted logic slightly! But, as someone elsewhere said...

"the closest he's getting to Turkey is having it for his Christmas dinner!"

• Like 2

Think LDC is spot on with this one, plus would you want to work in Turkey at the moment - even if it was for more money than the already very decent salary you're getting for working in Norfolk??

If you want your football career to stagnate go to Turkey many have but usually when they are nearer to retirement.Pukki would be silly to choose to go there when he can only progress at Norwich or the premiership next season with or without  City.

I can't see player outings until the summer, especially if we are still in the top 6, but everyone has a price and everyone has a replacement, the management staff has earned a certain level of trust for the time being as far I'm concerned and if we can get the right money and the right replacement then so be it. Without promotion our finances will dictate wanted players leaving ultimately.

Can't see him going to Turkey but there will be PL clubs sniffing around soon. I never thought the Murphys would want to leave Norwich but they did and neither has particularly progressed their careers yet. He just needs to keep working hard and scoring goals and his future is looking very bright.

Pukki will be 29 before the end of the season so may see a move to Turkey as a chance to get a decent pay day.

I'm hopeful if we're still in the top 4 or so by January the board and he will both recognise that rejecting bids now will have the chance to pay off handsomely at the end of the season for both the club and for him

Guess it depends on if there is a release fee in his contract.

Love the yellow and green tinged glasses people use when player rumors come up. Gala = more prestige, more money and Champions League. Norwich have a chance of getting in the Prem, but far from guaranteed and even if they were promoted they probably wouldn't match the wages Pukki could get in Turkey and would ultimately have a very small chance of staying up.

Players tend to look at what is offered in front of them, rather than what they might get should every go to plan. Pukki is at the age where he will only get one more big contract - he'd definitely go for the safe bet of Gala than the potential of Norwich (who might not even give him a new contract should they get promoted).

3 minutes ago, Haggerdoo said:

What would be a decent fee for him as things stand - £10 million?

Finnish sports journalists estimate his worth at about 7-8 million today. The age begins to come, but his countless times proved extraordinary ability to make winning goals raises value.

6 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Players tend to look at what is offered in front of them, rather than what they might get should every go to plan. Pukki is at the age where he will only get one more big contract - he'd definitely go for the safe bet of Gala than the potential of Norwich (who might not even give him a new contract should they get promoted).

Pukki has only just made it in England - his pedigree was in a certain amount of doubt after his move to Celtic didn't work out that well - so he would be foolish to want to move at this stage.  Get a good season under his belt here and he will get a move - if he wants one.

We are told he came to Norwich in preference to other clubs with more money/status - that tells you everything you need to know about him - money and status is not his main focus.  He will be ambitious, of course, but he has more about him than just chasing money and or status.

• Like 2

A lot of people seem capable of reading Pulkki's mind when it seems that there must be a multitude of factors  for the player to consider should this apparent interest come to fruition.

Pros and cons galore; as there would be for the club who just happen to own his contract.

Personally, I feel that Galatasaray might be jumping the gun a bit, if the report is at all true. As good as Pukki has been for us since his arrival at Carrow Road this form is over a relatively short period of time and it is the English second division after all. As stated above his 'pedigree' is somewhat mixed.

I would be more concerned if the interest came from a Premier League club,but then that would likely to be from one looking to avoid the drop, imo.

As I said, pros and cons all round.

The scouting system and Webber deserve full praise however. Who next? Buendia? Hernadez? We know full well that interest will soon arise for the two young full backs and possibly Cantwell.

Edited by BroadstairsR

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Pukki has only just made it in England - his pedigree was in a certain amount of doubt after his move to Celtic didn't work out that well - so he would be foolish to want to move at this stage.  Get a good season under his belt here and he will get a move - if he wants one.

We are told he came to Norwich in preference to other clubs with more money/status - that tells you everything you need to know about him - money and status is not his main focus.  He will be ambitious, of course, but he has more about him than just chasing money and or status.

Right now, his value is probably as high as it has ever been. Unless he can keep this scoring form up for the rest of the season it will probably never get higher - this would in fact be the PERFECT time for him to move. I doubt it will happen as Norwich will want him to at least see the season out, but I have no doubt that should Norwich be able to agree a fee Pukki would be on the first plane to Istanbul.

We were never told he came to Norwich over clubs with higher status, just he turned down some offers that might have been higher salary - those could have been China or the Middle East as far as we know. I doubt anyone of Gala's status came in for him in the summer.

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green
Grammer error

Depends on where we are in January. If we are still flying and looking likely to go up then I just can’t see it happening. As for the prestige of playing for them, what prestige?? Turkey is hardly a league that players dream to play in is it? The Premier League if we’ve a chance of getting there is. Yes they play in the Champions league for a few games but so do Scottish clubs and we sure as hell wouldn’t be losing players there either. If we were languishing mid table then I’d imagine he would be packing his bags. we are not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

-We are told he came to Norwich in preference to other clubs with more money/status-

Thats very true. He eagerly wanted to come just England

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-pukki-reveals-reasons-for-move-1-5689167

Teemu Pukki reveals money was not the reason he joined Norwich City

"Pukki revealed he turned down more lucrative offers from across Europe, as well as overtures to stay at Brondby, after buying into the Canaries’ vision. "

Let's hope he's still 'buying into the Canaries vision'.

10 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

All true JF, but they do splash the cash at times.

A quick look at their tables sees them with little chance of qualifying in the Champions League from a pretty unimpressive group and sitting in second place in the Turkish league. Maybe he would be swayed by the money but I think this group of players have bought into the project here. If we are promoted I don’t think the club would go for wholesale changes and most of these players would get their crack at the PL.

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I have no doubt that should Norwich be able to agree a fee Pukki would be on the first plane to Istanbul.

Really? No doubt? 

Maybe my specs have become too tinted but I’d like to think some of what has been reported about Pukki is true and he wants to prove himself and follow through on our vision at the club.

Galatasaray may well not be in the CL come the new year so other than a better pay day in a poorer league (after saying he turned down better money in the summer), what’s the attraction? It’s also far from certain but how would he then feel to have missed out on PL football with us should we go up?

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Can't see him going to Turkey but there will be PL clubs sniffing around soon. I never thought the Murphys would want to leave Norwich but they did and neither has particularly progressed their careers yet. He just needs to keep working hard and scoring goals and his future is looking very bright.

It all depends on your view of progression. Both are earning at least twice as much as they were at Norwich. If that was me I would think I had made significant progress