Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Introducing the Pink Un app

I don't get this. I don't want to download a different app for every website I visit and then have to update it all the time. Just make the website standards compliant and it will happily work on all devices; then I can visit the site whenever I like.

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

I don't get this. I don't want to download a different app for every website I visit and then have to update it all the time. Just make the website standards compliant and it will happily work on all devices; then I can visit the site whenever I like.

Agree, site specific apps are dead. I'd rather have a decent mobile site with the content, and the video content on social media + YouTube.

• Like 1

Print media has got to find a way to survive and these kind of apps deliver more revenue than websites.

Wouldn't be surprised to see more of this kind of thing in the future with websites giving a 'lite' version of the content available on an app. Ultimately the majority of the Pink'Un going behind a paywall probably isn't a million miles away - no one else provides the coverage they do. 

Personally, I don’t have an issue with the informal content being on the app and the formal stuff on YouTube