kick it off

NFL Thread

On 02/11/2020 at 16:46, Surfer said:

And the Chargers blow a double digit lead again .... fun times. Raiders having the last laugh over the LA Stadium and team relocation fiasco. 

Good result for the Raiders. So you a Vegas fan or a Raiders fan first?

9 hours ago, king canary said:

@kick it off intrigued to get your thoughts on who the WFT should start at qb now? It seems like the default is Smith which suggests Haskins is completely done?

Haskins is cooked in DC. Best hope is we can trade him for something but if not, he'll be cut in the offseason.

Kyle Allen is Colt McCoy 2.0. Rubbish starter but an excellent backup and he is fluent in the system. I expect him to stick around.

Alex Smith is a great comeback story but he has zero mobility in the pocket. We should be looking to turn the page on him at the end of the season but if there is no QB worth drafting when we pick then I expect we'll roll with him/Kyle for another year and pick up either WR or LT which are critical needs. McLaurin is the real deal, but you don't have an effective offense if you can only throw it to one guy.

Edited by kick it off

12 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

Good result for the Raiders. So you a Vegas fan or a Raiders fan first?

Niners actually.

But also an A's fan too and the Oakland / LA Raiders deserve a little sympathy for what they have been through. The league stiffed them but it looks like they have landed on their feet in Las Vegas. 

13 hours ago, king canary said:

Well @kick it off you might actually get some post season football this January! What a result last night.

Yeah we're looking competent and like we can stay competitive with anyone atm to be fair. The Steelers game was unreal. Rivera is starting to make his mark.

Can the Patrots make the playoffs? They next have up the Rams they last 3 are Jets, Dolphins and Bills. Reckon they can make 9 & 7

On 08/12/2020 at 16:11, king canary said:

Well @kick it off you might actually get some post season football this January! What a result last night.

49ers up tonight. Be interesting to see if we can continue to stack our W column. Giants losing but early doors yet in that game so see what transpires 

30 minutes ago, kick it off said:

49ers up tonight. Be interesting to see if we can continue to stack our W column. Giants losing but early doors yet in that game so see what transpires 

Cowboys winning too who aren't too far out.

I'm now happy for the Eagles to tank the rest of the way- if we can pick top 5 I'll be pleased.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Cowboys winning too who aren't too far out.

I'm now happy for the Eagles to tank the rest of the way- if we can pick top 5 I'll be pleased.

We've got tiebreaker on Cowboys because we swept them.

I was happy to tank until we started winning - I don't have much optimism for the playoffs, but beating the Steelers gives a little hope that "Any given sunday"...

You think Wentz is done in Philly?

Edited by kick it off

49ers bottom of NFC West with 5-7 playing Washington top of East with 5-7.

I have given up on this season and just hope that the 49ers can get everyone fit for next season.

I watch Sunday evenings but without the same enthusiasm.

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

We've got tiebreaker on Cowboys because we swept them.

I was happy to tank until we started winning - I don't have much optimism for the playoffs, but beating the Steelers gives a little hope that "Any given sunday"...

You think Wentz is done in Philly?

I honestly don't know.

It Hurts totally balls out for the rest of the season then maybe. If not then it's wide open. His contract means we won't cut him but maybe we take the hit on a trade. I personally think he's salvageable.

I'm far more concerned about us getting shot of our general manager at this point- he's a disaster.

Also, I finally accept us tanking and now we're 10-0 up on the Saints. Weird league.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

I honestly don't know.

It Hurts totally balls out for the rest of the season then maybe. If not then it's wide open. His contract means we won't cut him but maybe we take the hit on a trade. I personally think he's salvageable.

I'm far more concerned about us getting shot of our general manager at this point- he's a disaster.

Also, I finally accept us tanking and now we're 10-0 up on the Saints. Weird league.

Feels like a lifetime ago that Roseman was being exalted as a genius by the entire league for his savvy free agent signings and drafting.

We badly need a QB. Alex is looking awful tonight so far. We're only 7-0 down though and we are the definition of second half team. We'll see.

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

Feels like a lifetime ago that Roseman was being exalted as a genius by the entire league for his savvy free agent signings and drafting.

We badly need a QB. Alex is looking awful tonight so far. We're only 7-0 down though and we are the definition of second half team. We'll see.

His drafting has been woeful, his trades have been bad and his cap management has caught up with him this year. He had a brilliant couple of years but the magic ran out in 2018 and it isn't coming back.

If these results hold then we're only half a game back from winning the division. What a mess the NFC East is.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

If these results hold then we're only half a game back from winning the division. What a mess the NFC East is.

Its so bad its comical. Only division where you can make the playoffs with a record worthy of a top 10 pick. It looks like we're finally turning the franchise round though. Chase Young and montez sweat are ridiculous on that D-line. Mclaurin and Gibson are legit playmakers. We just need a few key pieces and we might be half decent!

15 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Literally as I typed that, chase young forced a fumble. 💪 

Chase young now with a TD!!!! That kid is all over the field tonight. Hes going to destroy this division for a decade. Picked up a fumble forced by Daron Payne. Ran it 47 yards for the score.

Alex Smith however is currently 8/19, 57 yards 0 TD, 1 INT 😐

Very interesting results this weekend. Ravens edging out the Browns to tighten up the AFC wildcard race.

15 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

Very interesting results this weekend. Ravens edging out the Browns to tighten up the AFC wildcard race.

AFC looks wide open behind the Chiefs- Steelers look vulnerable, Bills are on ths rise, Ravens have had a wobble.

A Green Bay v Kansas City Superbowl sounds like a pretty great prospect right about now.

5 hours ago, king canary said:

AFC looks wide open behind the Chiefs- Steelers look vulnerable, Bills are on ths rise, Ravens have had a wobble.

A Green Bay v Kansas City Superbowl sounds like a pretty great prospect right about now.

I was going to say I don't think the Dolphins will make the playoffs having 3 difficult games ahead of us, but I decided to see who has the strongest defence and the Dolphins are ranked 2nd with opponents the Raiders and the Bills having low ranked ones.

Looking at the stats the Steelers have the best defense but comparable defence/offense Chiefs come out on top over them. Overall though looking the comparison if you look at the top 10 theres quite a contrast between strong offenses and defences with the Saints really the only team with a high ranking on both.

https://www.lineups.com/nfl-team-rankings

Edited by KiwiScot

image.png.aa656f39cb520f1a399f29dc5356539d.png

Nobody seemingly wants to win this stupid division. Eagles have two divisional games left so can easily still win the division or can easily have a top 10 draft pick.

4 hours ago, king canary said:

image.png.aa656f39cb520f1a399f29dc5356539d.png

Nobody seemingly wants to win this stupid division. Eagles have two divisional games left so can easily still win the division or can easily have a top 10 draft pick.

I think its pretty unlikely you win the division tbh. I think we'll end up scraping it but think either the cowboys or giants are more likely than eagles. Hurts has flashed some promise but he is very raw. Its been more competitive over the last few weeks, and looked a bit less **** with us and Giants going on winning runs and beating some of the more favoured teams.

Hope Alex Smith is back this week as Haskins was awful for 2.5 quarters last night. Very good for 1.5 but the Seahawks were 20-3 up by that point. We really need to move on from Diane in the off-season.

On 16/12/2020 at 10:17, king canary said:

Green Bay are the team i look out for when Washington's season is over (usually around mid October). Would like to see them going back to the big show. Rodgers deserves more than one ring before he hangs it up.