kick it off

NFL Thread

16 minutes ago, ricardo said:

A very cheap holding call won it for the Rams.

Agree but thy had a bad facemask not called on the Bengles touchdown, so evened out in my book.

Considering the number of starters they has out and OJ went off injured too, it was a great final drive.

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Agree but thy had a bad facemask not called open the Bengles touchdown, so evened out in my book.

Yes, they got away with that but the holding call virtually gave the game to the Rams. Hard to call it any more than innocuous.

Conspiracy theory maybe but there has been talk for months about giving it to the Rams now they are back in L.A. Funny how these things always seem to work out.

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

Yes, they got away with that but the holding call virtually gave the game to the Rams. Hard to call it any more than innocuous.

Conspiracy theory maybe but there has been talk for months about giving it to the Rams now they are back in L.A. Funny how these things always seem to work out.

Well, you chalk both TDs off, makes it 16-13 to the Rams. They would have probably still got a Field Goal at least, 19-13 to the Rams. Would the Bengals have got a TD in that drive if the face mask foul had been called?

BTW I haven't watched a lot of football over the last few years, only watch the SB now. Was the face mask incident not something that the Rams could have had a review of?

47 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

BTW I haven't watched a lot of football over the last few years, only watch the SB now. Was the face mask incident not something that the Rams could have had a review of?

You can’t throw a challenge on a face mask, It’s not reviewable, it’s an on field call, but if you look along the line the ref along the line is shielded by the player so doesn’t see it.

Edited by Indy

Would have been nice to see a new name win it for once, after the Falcons threw it away a few years ago against the Patriots and then this cheap hold by the Bengals to throw away a game they were controlling, but there was the mask-hold that went unnoticed so it evened things out as said before here.

What happened tonight was an absolute disgrace! The Bengals won Super Bowl LVI until the radical left Calli Democrats came in late at night and all of the sudden the Rams had enough points to win. The Bengals can still win it if Mike Pence has the courage to do what must be done.

So the quarterback carousel kicks into gear. Wilson to the Broncos and Washington taking the very distant second prize of Wentz. 

Going to be interesting!

Well the Bills looked fantastic last night while the Ram's offence really struggled. Just one game but you can see why Buffalo are a lot of peoples favourites this season.

I noticed the freeview coverage has changed to ITV instead of the BBC including the superbowl. ITV have got Osi & Jason though.

Last chance Saloon for the Dolphins QB this season, but we do have a new coach Mike McDaniels, but you get the feeling the Bills will win the divison as the rest will take wins off each other.

4 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

I noticed the freeview coverage has changed to ITV instead of the BBC including the superbowl. ITV have got Osi & Jason though.

Last chance Saloon for the Dolphins QB this season, but we do have a new coach Mike McDaniels, but you get the feeling the Bills will win the divison as the rest will take wins off each other.

The Bills are the equivalent of Ipswich……can’t stand them! Fins need a miracle, there’s no way Tua can lead this team to that division. I’m off to Wembley to watch the Jags again end of October, looking forward to it. My money is on the Chiefs or Browns this year.

Looking forward to the Niners with a new QB. If he keeps fit I have high hopes with Lance in the pocket.In fact the first match with the Bears has two new young starters. Could be interesting as Fields is reputed to be mobile so the rush will be important

• Like 1

20 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Looking forward to the Niners with a new QB. If he keeps fit I have high hopes with Lance in the pocket.In fact the first match with the Bears has two new young starters. Could be interesting as Fields is reputed to be mobile so the rush will be important

Not sure Lance will be in the pocket all that much, he's a great athlete. I wanted us to draft him, so il be interested to see what he's got. We've also got a new QB although Wentz is not as exciting a prospect to watch as Lance is. We've got the Jags tonight so on paper an easy start but that means very little for Washington, we're more than capable of being beat by anyone. Our offense should be better this year but our Defense scares the **** out of me. They have potential to be historically bad.

Edited by kick it off

Also have to give @king canary a shout. Eagles FO has done an amazing job rebuilding that Defense. Theyre going to be really good this year. Only question mark on that team is whether Hurts can actually ball or not. If hes even mediocre theyre going to the playoffs minimum.

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

Not sure Lance will be in the pocket all that much, he's a great athlete. I wanted us to draft him, so il be interested to see what he's got. We've also got a new QB although Wentz is not as exciting a prospect to watch as Lance is. We've got the Jags tonight so on paper an easy start but that means very little for Washington, we're more than capable of being beat by anyone. Our offense should be better this year but our Defense scares the **** out of me. They have potential to be historically bad.

Apparently, Jimmy G's role this year is to try and imitate the opposition QB during training. I just hope Trey can stay fit because as you say he will move from the pocket and I have great faith in our receivers.

• Like 1

I was watching the red zone with crazy games with some teams looking a bit rusty and kickers missing left and right and flags galore. close games across the board. Dolphins took their win, but pats didn't really challenge them.

Watched the Pats at Miami. Just to get the Niners score really. Disappointing result. Not looked at the figures so don't know how the game progressed. Just that they let a 10 point lead slip.

On 11/09/2022 at 08:27, kick it off said:

Also have to give @king canary a shout. Eagles FO has done an amazing job rebuilding that Defense. Theyre going to be really good this year. Only question mark on that team is whether Hurts can actually ball or not. If hes even mediocre theyre going to the playoffs minimum.

We werea very mixed bag v Detroit. AJ Brown was a total monster from start to finish and the offence looked share throughout but there is still massive concern over our d coordinator and his vanilla scheme. The talent is there this year so no excuses for him.

I see the Commanders got the full Wentz experience week one- big plays and mad interceptions. Biggest news for NFC East teams though is how poor the Cowboys looked. Now with Dak missing 6-8 weeks the division seems wide open. 

1 hour ago, king canary said:

We werea very mixed bag v Detroit. AJ Brown was a total monster from start to finish and the offence looked share throughout but there is still massive concern over our d coordinator and his vanilla scheme. The talent is there this year so no excuses for him.

I see the Commanders got the full Wentz experience week one- big plays and mad interceptions. Biggest news for NFC East teams though is how poor the Cowboys looked. Now with Dak missing 6-8 weeks the division seems wide open. 

And that the Giants won... Who would have thought the Cowgirls would be last on their own after the 1st game.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Cowboys are cooked already. Theyre basically the definition of a one man team.

Yeah Wentz decided to give us the full rollercoaster treatment yesterday. His 2 4th quarter TDs were incredible throws and he made a series of other really nice throws, but back to back picks with no pressure on him was ridiculous.

Dotson is going to be a problem for other teams. Should open McLaurin up too as teams can't just double team him every play. Dotson is really good, great hands but he plays tough, makes contested catches and his body control is insane forna rookie. Smart football player. Samuel being healthy (for as long as that lasts) is huge too and sharing the hybrid RB/WR duties with Gibson caused Jags no end of problems... Wentz has some serious weapons now. We actually have an Offense that will put up points this season and is fun to watch but it's going to be an absolute ride every game. 

Defense still has a lot of question marks though.

Might actually be a fun division to be in this year!

Edited by kick it off

Agree our offense has lots of weapons. Cut down on the turnovers and keep everyone healthy and it'll be a strength. 

Definitely worry about the Defense. We lost the rookie DT Mathis for the season and was surprised we cut Ioannidis and let Settle walk and with Chase not back til mid season, a strength of a couple of years ago definitely feels like a weakness.

Hopefully we beat the Lions and then have a couple of big divisional games following that. Should have a better view after those but think it's the Eagles' to lose.

• Like 1

Just when you think Jimmy was confined to backup, a season ending injury to Lance means Mr G is back as starter. From what I saw of the match he did a decent job and with the Seahawks committing errors the defence had a fairly comfortable time and it only special teams that got Seattle on the board.

Crazy weekend- Dolphins, Cardinals and Jets all completing highly improbably comebacks in one evening. 

Really sad new about Lance- was excited to see how he develops but Jimmy G is a more than capable backup. 

NFC East looks interesting- Eagles and Giants (!) at 2-0 and the Cowboys managing an unexpected win vs Cinnci (who look a total mess) means it all is pretty even right now, although I think the Eagles have to be favoured. 

Finally, the Bills really are living up to their standing as pre season favourites- they've destroyed last seasons Superbowl winner and the AFC number one side in consecutive weeks.

Tua Tagovailoa injury escalates with sacking of the independent doctor and looks a little more than the being seen to be doing the right thing after the media outrage.

Background. Tua staggers after being tackled against Buffalo and is removed from game and cleared of concussion by the team doc and the independent doc so returns to the game. Next game a bad injury occurs and he is diagnosed to be concussed. Everyone in fury over the Buffalo game diagnosis.

Seems like everyone going "I know best" but the latest development clearly showing that at the very least that questions can be raised and protocols re-evaluated

https://www.nfl.com/news/nflpa-terminates-unaffiliated-neurotrauma-consultant-involved-in-tua-tagovailoa-

Edited by KiwiScot