kick it off

NFL Thread

Apparently that stadium’s artificial turf was replaced this summer. Someone did a very sloppy job it seems from all the injuries the Niners and Jets experienced. Niners have play the Giants there again next week. Wonder how much of a team they’ll have left after that? 

6 hours ago, Surfer said:

Apparently that stadium’s artificial turf was replaced this summer. Someone did a very sloppy job it seems from all the injuries the Niners and Jets experienced. Niners have play the Giants there again next week. Wonder how much of a team they’ll have left after that? 

Was satisfying that Frank I want to play for a better team Gore didn't have a a good day.

Well this season ****ing sucks from an Eagles viewpoint. Wentz all over the place, defense struggling, just a mess, with the added kick in the crotch of a last second Cowboys comeback.

10 hours ago, king canary said:

Well this season ****ing sucks from an Eagles viewpoint. Wentz all over the place, defense struggling, just a mess, with the added kick in the crotch of a last second Cowboys comeback.

That cowboys comeback was ridiculous. We got a kicking against the Cardinals. Scoreline flattered us. Kyler Murray is unreal though, and when they've got Hopkins or ****ing Larry to throw to, its always going to be an uphill struggle. Haskins was garbage first half and decent second. Again. He needs to get better or we need to move on. He has zero weapons and a horrible OL but he was missing 3 yard throws to open guys and wasn't even close to them. Cant excuse that.

Anyone watching the Raiders? Fantastic looking new stadium too. Shame that it's in Las Vegas. 

12 hours ago, kick it off said:

That cowboys comeback was ridiculous. We got a kicking against the Cardinals. Scoreline flattered us. Kyler Murray is unreal though, and when they've got Hopkins or ****ing Larry to throw to, its always going to be an uphill struggle. Haskins was garbage first half and decent second. Again. He needs to get better or we need to move on. He has zero weapons and a horrible OL but he was missing 3 yard throws to open guys and wasn't even close to them. Cant excuse that.

Murray looks the part which is nice to see.

There is just nothing about Haskins that makes me think he's a franchise guy- as I said before, I think he'll have a solid career as backup/bridge QB. Nothing wrong with that.

On 22/09/2020 at 11:22, king canary said:

Also, my fantasy team took a kicking this week- McCaffrey, Michael Thomas and Courtland Sutton all injured!

Where do you play?

rather than post twice. Dolphins win! If only Buffalo were not half decent this year.

Edited by KiwiScot

48 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Where do you play?

rather than post twice. Dolphins win! If only Buffalo were not half decent this year.

I'm in two leagues- one on yahoo with some friends and one on ESPN (the one where all these injuries occurred!).

Wow. Now that was impressive 49ers. Total domination despite half your starters being out. Talk about a deep squad.... or are the Giants really that bad ???? 

13 hours ago, Surfer said:

Wow. Now that was impressive 49ers. Total domination despite half your starters being out. Talk about a deep squad.... or are the Giants really that bad ???? 

Niners looked really impressive from what I saw.

It isn't just the Giants, the NFC East is weak.

Three teams have more wins than the whole division!

13 hours ago, Surfer said:

The Giants are very bad.

However, as @keelansgrandad says the entire NFC East is awful. My Eagles have stunk and yet we could lead the NFC East if we beat the Niners next week (although we wont).

12 hours ago, king canary said:

The Giants are very bad.

However, as @keelansgrandad says the entire NFC East is awful. My Eagles have stunk and yet we could lead the NFC East if we beat the Niners next week (although we wont).

Yeah the Giants are possibly the worst team in a very poor division. Think 8-8 wins the NFC East this year. Lowering expectations from a 6-8 win season for the Skins. We're putrid across the OL and WR is almost devoid of anything outside McLaurin. The Safeties are godawful too. Haskins stunk the joint up yesterday - he was really bad - singlehandedly lost us the game. I don't think I need to see much more, I'm on board with you @king canary - he straight up sucks. Threw 3 picks, and 2 of them were because he was locked in on the WR and staring them down... his mechanics and footwork are awful and he's hearing ghosts even on the rare occasions he has a clean pocket. Another high draft pick coming up for the Skins. Maybe if we really suck we can sneak into the Trevor Lawrence stakes and set ourselves up for years to come - that kid is gonna be a star.... speaking of which, Chase Young is living up to every bit of the hype. He's going to be a dominant force for the next 7 or 8 years. Best player we've had since Sean Taylor. He's 100% going to be the best defensive player in the entire NFL in a year or two. 

Edited by kick it off

Did anyone see the Seahawks receiver(Metcalf) catch the long pass to the ten and then assume he''d got the touchdown and relaxed his hold on the ball. Striped by his coverage! Opps. They won all the same in an entertaining game

What’s the worst record that has won a division? was it 7-9 (Seattle) or something like that?

14 hours ago, Surfer said:

What’s the worst record that has won a division? was it 7-9 (Seattle) or something like that?

Yes. That eclipsed the Panthers 7-8-1

On 28/09/2020 at 10:43, king canary said:

The Giants are very bad.

Well, glad to be wrong. What a terrible division though.

29 minutes ago, king canary said:

Well, glad to be wrong. What a terrible division though.

Good for you guys to get the win. A poor showing from the Niners, but a long way to go yet. Jimmy G back next game for sure.

16 hours ago, Surfer said:

Good for you guys to get the win. A poor showing from the Niners, but a long way to go yet. Jimmy G back next game for sure.

Injuries will always catch up with you in the end- I'm impressed the Niners managed to do what they did in the last couple of weeks.

Jimmy G isn't incredible but he's an upgraded on Mullens.

Talking NFC East though- going to be interesting in the QB room this season.

WFT seem to be running out of patience with Haskins.

Daniel Jones seems like a liability at the moment- this was an interesting stat I read on him this weekend- "Jones hasn’t thrown a touchdown pass in three weeks and has only two on the season. He has five interceptions and has fumbled three times, losing two. The more you see, the more you have to wonder if this is just what we’re going to get from the second-year quarterback."

Wentz improved and has the long term contract but still a bit all over the place.

Dak is playing lights out but doesn't have a contract.

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

@king canary - Haskins has officially been benched

So I see- not a great surprise when Riverboat said he needed to up his game and then that awful 4th & goal throw clip started doing the rounds.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

So I see- not a great surprise when Riverboat said he needed to up his game and then that awful 4th & goal throw clip started doing the rounds.

He hasn't got it and won't ever get it. The 4 games this season have shown us everything we needed to see. Poor footwork and mechanics, habit of staring down his primary read and then poor QB instincts. Ron said that 4th down was a test for Haskins and he failed. If we suck badly enough to get Trevor Lawrence though...

Edited by kick it off

Horrible, horrible injury for Prescott. Such a shame for him.

NFC East QB situation just gets murkier and the Cowboys awful defense combined with a backup QB doesn't inspire much confidence for them.

Shocker for the 49ers yesterday too.

Yeah Jimmy G hasn’t recovered obviously, so that went about as bad as it could, but the OL were awful, and the less said about the CB’s the better. Clusters of injuries can do that to you of course, but there was a very worrying lack of fight in the team. It’s going to be a real test of their character over this next 5 or 6 weeks. 

Edited by Surfer

Thrilling group of early games yesterday- Titans v Steelers, Browns v Bengals and Lions v Falcons all going down to the wire. Great win for the Niners, not used to see the Pats getting beat like this though.

The continued cluster**** that is the NFC East kept it in house this week- Eagles somehow still top, Cowboys were utterly terrible again, Washington looking like the biggest challengers to Philly.

7 hours ago, king canary said:

not used to see the Pats getting beat like this though.

The AFC East celebrates! Even the poor old Jets.

Edit: They have only played one divisional game though. Away to Buffalo next

Edited by KiwiScot

Really good weekend of games (excluding Sunday Night Football) apparently. I didn't see any due to my wedding anniversary!

Eagles really do look likely to limp into the post season some how. Seahawks win a tough rivalry game in the NFC (DK Metcalf is some player) and the Steelers look like the cream of the crop in the AFC with the Pats falling away.

And the Chargers blow a double digit lead again .... fun times. Raiders having the last laugh over the LA Stadium and team relocation fiasco.