kick it off

NFL Thread

The Patriots game was obviously played in lousy conditions but Brady did look slightly disinterested at times. Edelman probably still the best clutch receiver in the NFL.

The Ravens look like they enjoy beating up teams both defensively and offensively. The Saints aren't in the strongest division so I don't really think they will be battle scarred enough to do it. Wilson will probably make the Seahawks if not NFC 1st seed then at least peoples favourites in a play off game.

But of course, experienced playoff teams Packers and Vikings still in with a shout.

I can't pick it this year. Hoping for the Niners but in 11, 12 and 13 while they didn't exactly choke they didn't perform, but winning this season would put them up there with the Pats and Steelers.

Ravens v Niners looking very tasty. I think Ravens will win this one as they are at home. 

Seattle to win the west IMO, so Niners at Dallas for first playoff game and then run the table with a Super Bowl rematch against the Ravens.

Jackson is a very athletic QB. His touchdown throws against the Rams illustrates how he likes to release early before defences are able to read the offense.

It is possible he could be the MVP this year if Seattle don't make Superbowl.

14 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Jackson is a very athletic QB. His touchdown throws against the Rams illustrates how he likes to release early before defences are able to read the offense.

It is possible he could be the MVP this year if Seattle don't make Superbowl.

He should be the MVP in my book- a quite incredible player this season, unlike anyone else.

Also John Harbaugh should be well in the running for Coach of the Year.

On 27/11/2019 at 09:01, king canary said:

He should be the MVP in my book

Wrong. 

There's only one man who deserves that accolade. 

He happens to be a Redskin, but notwithstanding that, his contribution to the team has been far greater than anybody else this season and he's been at the heart of the action every single game. More positive yards than any other Redskin by a country mile.

I speak of course, about the best damn Punter in the league, Tress Way.

😉

Edited by kick it off

Top weekend. The two best offensive teams points wise Niners and Ravens. Niners defence to stop Jackson at the scrimmage and come out on top on the road.

Don't underestimate the Vikings at this time of the year against the Seahawks. Their back four will have to work hard to stop Wilson though.

And the Pats have to play better but will beat a struggling Texans defence

As everything I pick never happens, I forecast wins for the Ravens, Seahawks and Texans. 🇺🇸

Excellent first half for the Niners at the Ravens. Only a field goal down in those conditions and the run starting to make important yards. Shame about too many penalties again.

Can't be easy trying to spot the fakes against the Ravens with that dark strip. Jackson has sold the dummy so many times because you can't see the ball.

Almost a moral victory for the Niners. Kept Jackson to under 100 yards passing so they know if they meet again that they need to concentrate on stopping him running which they didn't today. But you don't normally legislate for a running QB.

Lost two games by missing field goals and Gould used to be so reliable.

But a good exciting game to watch and still heading for the playoffs.

Redskins won, but I don't mind today - Good game, and played really well after the first two drives. Derrius Guice is a freaking machine.

Ahaha, **** this Eagles team.

How does your defence limit New England and Seattle to under 20 points then get torched by the ****ing Dolphins?

Pats continue to look vulnerable and could even miss out on the first round bye which would be a new challenge for them.

The big news this morning must be - Go Texans! 

(one more season to mature for the Niners I think, but I hope that I'm being pessimistic there) 

How does your defence limit New England and Seattle to under 20 points then get torched by the ****ing Dolphins?

What was with the Dolphins formation for one of their touchdowns? It looks illegal on the clip I saw but obviously it wasn't.

Seahawks could become the NFC top team if they beat the Vikings and then of course its the Niners v Saints. Mind you the Ravens have an in form Bills.

With games against the Rams and Falcons to come and a revenge match with the SeahawksI think the Niners are safe bets and no-one will want to face that defence in any post season game. Whether they can go all the way, maybe not as Jimmy isn't Wilson but despite his great running ability, Jackson can't really pass, so if you stop him at the scrimmage, you beat the Ravens.

15 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Jackson can't really pass, so if you stop him at the scrimmage, you beat the Ravens.

Not sure that is true- he's completing 66% of his passes and has generally shown a huge progression from year 1 to 2 in how he throws from the pocket. 

Not sure that is true- he's completing 66% of his passes and has generally shown a huge progression from year 1 to 2 in how he throws from the pocket. 

True, but it isn't a real weapon for him. I'm sure most defences would love to see him drop back.

On 02/12/2019 at 11:15, king canary said:

Pats continue to look vulnerable and could even miss out on the first round bye which would be a new challenge for them.

Redskins to win the NFC East? 🤣

Edited by kick it off

Back to TV coverage issue once you have a local team. Here in LA - last weekend the obvious game of the week is Niners 10-1 v’s Ravens 9-2, a very possible SuperBowl matchup, no coverage. Today, Niners 10-2 v Saints 10-2 for potential #1 seed in the NFC, no coverage. We have a paid programming religious fundraiser instead.

So no, you do NOT want a team in London. 

Edited by Surfer

15 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Looks like a hell of a game in New Orleans!!

Just as my heart sinks with every Saints TD it is revived with the Niners refusal to lie down.

Might switch over when Rodgers finally buries the Redskins.

Yes, I wish I could see it too. Thanks Fox/NFL.

There is no early afternoon NFC game either, Seahawks and Rams is an evening kick off.

The advantage must be with the Seahawks, it’s raining (well it’s drizzling) here in LA.... we are not used to that 🙂 

Edited by Surfer

39 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Yes, I wish I could see it too. Thanks Fox/NFL.

There is no early afternoon NFC game either, Seahawks and Rams is an evening kick off.

The advantage must be with the Seahawks, it’s raining (well a drizzling) here in LA.... we are not used to that 🙂 

You know you can stream every game right? Redskins just ended and it bumped over to SF for bonus coverage

http://www.mamacdn.com/link.php?asad=http://live.harleyquinnwidget.live/freelivematch/7566902752425940.html

Edited by kick it off

Game of the season no doubt. Heart in mouth when the Saints scored late on but George Kittle produces one of the plays of the season. And that was with half of the Saints defence holding on to his face mask.

Niners have the Falcons to come, Rams after and Seahawks as the dessert. They must fear no-one after winning in the dome

And as I am typing in the background I hear the familiar "Brady to Edelman, Touchdown"

Edited by keelansgrandad

Phew! Finished up listening on the radio while driving... what a win that was, but we have to stop giving up 46 points in a game - we are not going anywhere with that kind of defensive record 🙂 

Phew! Finished up listening on the radio while driving... what a win that was, but we have to stop giving up 46 points in a game - we are not going anywhere with that kind of defensive record

Sounds familiar a bit closer to home😩