Sign in to follow this  
Cheeky Monkey

Trip to Coventry - how many fans

OK, as a victim of the two appalling away games at Luton and QPR, I made a stand not to go to Wolves or Millwall.

I must admit that I was VERY tempted by tomorrows match. However, after Millwall I wonder how many fans will be there tomorrow ?

1,200 max I reckon.

We took on average 2,500 fans over the last couple of seasons,

Don''t you think the Board should take these figures as quantifiable evidence that their supporters are grossly displeased with how the club is being ran ???

hehe, 3,000 fools are going to waste their time and money!

[quote user="AJ"]

[/quote]

The 3000 norwich fans going are not fools they are loyal supporters who stand by the club through thick and thin.

[quote user="Web Team Pete"]Sold out, 3,000 going. [/quote]

You might have pointed out that that was a joke, as I''ve just wasted

time phoning Cov ticket office. They are not sold out. Fool perhaps,

but going anyway.

[quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]OK, as a victim of the two appalling away games at Luton and QPR, I made a stand not to go to Wolves or Millwall. I must admit that I was VERY tempted by tomorrows match. However, after Millwall I wonder how many fans will be there tomorrow ? 1,200 max I reckon. We took on average 2,500 fans over the last couple of seasons, Don''t you think the Board should take these figures as quantifiable evidence that their supporters are grossly displeased with how the club is being ran ???[/quote]

Yep a message to the club " Carry on Nigel"

[quote user="barclayendboy"][quote user="AJ"]

[/quote]
The 3000 norwich fans going are not fools they are loyal supporters who stand by the club through thick and thin.
[/quote]

lighten up guys!

ill be listening on the radio, dont you worry!

im am so suprised at this. we have been playing the worst football for many years and getting awful results, then the biggest away support turns up. This imo shows how fantastic the fan base is. The players should definately make an effort to reward those 3000 loyal supporters

"The 3000 norwich fans going are not fools they are loyal supporters who stand by the club through thick and thin."

Must admit I was tempted to go, but the student loan is stretched enough as it is. Bravo to all the loyal fans going though, your a credit to the club.

Cheeky, I think you were quite accurate if this was a normally priced game BUT it''s not. People may jump on here and claim 3,000 is a moral victory. But it isn''t that, its kids for a quid! Family of 4 I know that are going got their tickets with change from £30. Puts a different slant on it hey!

[quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]So who said it was 3,000 fans - haha. Is that why 500 tickets are available on the gate ? 1,500 tops - even with kids for a quid i reckon.[/quote]

Cheeky I suggest you read the front page before posting " the club has sold 2700 ticket" so well above your reckoning. even with Kids for a quid.

I suggest it''s partly because a) it''s close(ish) b)there is no home game for a month c) dispite the poor performances we ALL still support the team.

I hope the players appreciate the following.

How many of those going  are because it''s a new ground for them to tick off their list of grounds visited. One or two I reckon.

This following, although admirable, is foolish and sends out the wrong message to our thick board Tim. They will see this as an endorsement of  Worthess''s policies.

So to those going, above all be safe, and enjoy yet another defeat.

You have more money than sense, the lot of you!.

[quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]

How depressing. One nil down in 3 minutes. Oh well, looks like, oh dear looks like two nil.

I made the right decision after all !!!!

[/quote]

Well done to all the fans who travelled, im sure your support helped the team fight back.

My definition of a fan is someone who supports the team through good times and bad. So to all those three thousand who went I salute you and by all accounts you got your monies worth.

As for others who see their attendance as misguided, well I must admit to being astonished and baffled by such comments from so called fans.

As the club is funded greatly by the fans I think that the fans have a right to not turn up to games if they wish to vote with their wallet. If a company launched an awful car or an awful television they would probably not sell many. Norwich, and every other club, sells football performances as entertainment. if the matches are consistently non-entertaining then the club should expect attendances to drop. It''s up to the club to attract fans by producing attractive and entertaining games. Losing to Wolves, QPR, Millwall etc. probably wasn''t particularly attractive or entertaining. Come to think of it, it was pretty painful to listen to and that was free!

but norwich city is my club and i will spend my money wether we win lose or draw.

if you stay away after a poor start to a season or the club get relegated then your not a true city supporter.[B]

[quote user="K Lo"]As the club is funded greatly by the fans I think

that the fans have a right to not turn up to games if they wish to vote

with their wallet. If a company launched an awful car or an awful

television they would probably not sell many. Norwich, and every other

club, sells football performances as entertainment. if the matches are

consistently non-entertaining then the club should expect attendances

to drop. It''s up to the club to attract fans by producing attractive

and entertaining games. Losing to Wolves, QPR, Millwall etc. probably

wasn''t particularly attractive or entertaining. Come to think of it, it

was pretty painful to listen to and that was free![/quote]

While what you say is strictly true, most people don''t have a passion

for their car or telly.  You rightly say, that if it''s rubbish you

go elsewhere.  Those folk that do have a passion for their car

generally buy the same marque through thick and thin, because that''s

what they want, not because it''s necessarily the right thing to do.

As a football supporter, you don''t have option to change the object

of  your passion if things aren''t as good as you would hope, and

what''s more, by voting with your feet, the only thing you can do in the

long term is damage.

My view is as follows:  If you don''t want to watch any more, then

don''t go.  That''s your right and that''s why clubs attendances

fluctuate over the seasons.  If you want to protest about the

running of the club, then keep on going to the games, make your

feelings felt in the best way possible, but support your team on the

pitch because, in the end of the day, that''s the only thing that

counts.  Walking away in protest can only ever be

counter-productive for a football fan.

Yes they have a right not to turn up, totally up to them. And to moan about the current unacceptable performance levels, but to sit on here labelling people as fools for continuing to support their team through the proverbial "thin" is the most negative and pathetic tactic yet.

[quote user="K Lo"]As the club is funded greatly by the fans I think that the fans have a right to not turn up to games if they wish to vote with their wallet [/quote]

Absolutely agree - so it''s a good sign that around 3,000 fans (our best away crowd of the season) chose NOT to stay away.

Doesn''t all the gate receipts for away matches gor to the hosting team? I''m a huge fan of Norwich and I want what''s best for the club. I don''t think that the management is the best for the club right now and alot of the good work that was done 5 to 2 years ago is being undone.

Ok all. Let''s see how many go to Derby shall we :)

Old ground, more expensive tickets and no kids for a quid. I reckon 1,600. haha.

As I''ve said on here before, going to away games or any game for that matter is all relative to indivduals earnings, family and other committments. Stop trying to out do each other on ''I''m a better fan than you are''.

Personally I won''t be going to Derby, because a) I have a party to go to the night before b) It''s an expensive time of year, and c) I''m going to the Crewe match the following week.

This does not make me a better supporter than fans who don''t visit any games at all this season OR a worse fan than those who go to EVERY game this season.

Its just me. A season ticket holder, who gets to go to about 8-10 away games as well each year. I usually pick and choose due to committments to family and friends, because believe it or not, Norwich City come second to my family and friends.

Some people need to get a life outside of Norwich City :)

See you at Crewe.

[quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]

Its just me. A season ticket holder, who gets to go to about 8-10 away games as well each year. I usually pick and choose due to committments to family and friends, because believe it or not, Norwich City come second to my family and friends.

Some people need to get a life outside of Norwich City :)

See you at Crewe.

[/quote]

Thats a tad bitter isnt it? Considering we play 48-52 games in a season, Im sure people could go to every game, every reserve game, even manage a few training sessions and still have a life.

Still a bit upset about your "1,200 max at Coventry" prediction?

As for derby, might get 1,500 I reckon. I may even tag along as Derby is only down the road..