Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

A word for Tettey...

This guy really is our Man Citys Fernandinho at the moment.....wins every 50/50 , never ducks out of anything....the perfect captain and arguably the most irreplacable man in the team .....the glue that holds us together.

...and Steve Morison bottled out of at least 3 challenges with him today...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

This guy really is our Man Citys Fernandinho at the moment.....wins every 50/50 , never ducks out of anything....the perfect captain and arguably the most irreplacable man in the team .....the glue that holds us together.

Indeed! Been my favourite player for many a year. Does the nasty stuff that often gets over-looked; incredible considering his knees are basically made out of dust.

OTBC

He's just absolutely brilliant at what he does, & very rarely gets it wrong. I love it when he closes a player down & forces him back deep into his own half simply by being one step ahead in his anticipation. Now he's got a proper defence to work with he's not having to salvage hopelessly lost causes & picking up yellow cards as a result. And, just to put the icing on, he's a lovely guy.

I was pleased he decided to stay, when others couldn't wait to leave I wondered who would be left... there are a few out there wondering if they've made the right decision. 

I must admit I was very wrong about Tettey.

at the end of last season I thought he’d ran his last race and would’ve been quite pleased to see him go.

brilliant this season and is now a key part of what is beginning to look like a very special squad.

I remember when Farke first arrived I mused whether Tettey would fit in our system and he seemed to be struggling at first but wow what a transformation, model professional, outstanding footballer for us.

Never really rated AT but this season has been immense as long as he operates in midfield and keeps away from our penalty box always problematic.  Needs to up his goal return certainly trying. 

Whilst it’s hard to argue with the sponsors giving Mo Leitner MotM yesterday (what a player he is!) I’d have given it to Tettey, who I thought changed the game.  Throughout the first half we couldn’t cope with their big number 19: big Zimm lost every aerial dual (haven’t seen that before!) and even Klose was outjumped on the one occasion he was marking him.   Which gave them a ready made outlet: go long to 19, flick on, Norwich turning and under pressure.    I think Farke (as the rap says: shrewd tactician) tweaked it at half time, because the first time they got the ball in the second half, up went the long clearance to 19, and who was on him but Tettey, who resisted the shove (no one shoves Tettey about!) and won the header.   And every time after that Tettey was on 19, and every time he won the ball, and eventually they took 19 off.   Well done that man Tettey!   Well done all of them, actually, we made it difficult for ourselves, but the will to win was incredible.   

Tettey has played so well most of the season,terrific skipper leads by example that’s why this coach and previous managers have continued to select him.Lets hope the player who eventually replaces him gives us the same standard of performance week in week out.

I love AT - does a great job and seems to care so much. Did anyone see him start a little dance of joy after we scored the winner yesterday 😀

I wish we had a proper song for him to show our appreciation.