Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Millwall match thread

Sorry for double post. Buendia looks a great little player. I cant quite work Pukki's final finish out. Did he do some kind of kick the ball against his own foot, did he just lift it over or did it take a deflection. Watched it several times but that Sky highlight video is particularly frustrating for the shrink on pausing and then inevitible mis-click on boxing Grrrr

Zimmerman's 'goal' was disallowed for offside GMD. Linesman's flag went up straight away that Klose headed it. Klose did that thing where he stood 2 yards offside before the free kick was taken and then ran onside as Leitner was taking his run up. I was more or less level with it at the game and watched it closely - it was a very close call which could have gone either way. 

• Like 1

Looking at the highlights it seems like Klose was level. What a cracking finish from Zimmerman too.

Still, all's well that ends well!

• Like 1

Our record with Vrancic on the pitch must be mental, seems like we always turn a game around after he's introduced

1 minute ago, Tired said:

Our record with Vrancic on the pitch must be mental, seems like we always turn a game around after he's introduced

Funny how his first couple of passes went astray and got some groans. Next thing he’s played a lovely pass for Teemu to score 😀

1 hour ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Sorry for double post. Buendia looks a great little player. I cant quite work Pukki's final finish out. Did he do some kind of kick the ball against his own foot, did he just lift it over or did it take a deflection. Watched it several times but that Sky highlight video is particularly frustrating for the shrink on pausing and then inevitible mis-click on boxing Grrrr

I can’t work that out either, I think he somehow dinked it over him. Sorry but the goalkeeper was directly between me and Pukki at that point so I just saw the ball somehow come over him and bounce into the net right in front of me. Just unbelievable.

5 minutes ago, Tired said:

A video of the winning goal here:

https://streamable.com/iudpl

Just amazing.

i love the fact that at 96 minutes we’ve played some lovely football to carve them open.

looks to me like the defender’s interception has taken the ball off the ground and Pukki was just able to dink it over the keeper.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

I can’t work that out either, I think he somehow dinked it over him. Sorry but the goalkeeper was directly between me and Pukki at that point so I just saw the ball somehow come over him and bounce into the net right in front of me. Just unbelievable.

I think the Millwall player knocks it on to Pukki's left foot, and then he hits it over the keeper with his right.

OTBC

• Like 1

Is it not incredibly satisfying (perhaps even fills a supporter with pride), to see us take a SHORT free-kick in our own area in the 96th minute, and generate the winning goal after a lovely bit of flowing play, with no lumping it forward or "Millwall" style giants heading it on?

Could be a memorable season.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I think the Millwall player knocks it on to Pukki's left foot, and then he hits it over the keeper with his right.

OTBC

You’re right, this photo shows the ball was knocked onto his left foot (and then he scored it with his right next).

amazing skill to do after 97 minutes of play!

630AFEB0-8966-481C-A6B4-D97BFA6A7D3A.png

52 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Thanks for that better video, I can see it clearly now. Definitely defender onto Pukki's left foot, instinctive finish with the right 🙂

Think I’m addicted to this clip & need help quitting.

Love how they all move together, from start to finnish; as if each step had been rehearsed a thousand times, and perfected so it looks improvised

• Like 1