Midlands Yellow

Millwall fans coming in decent numbers

Should be a decent atmosphere with them selling around 1,400 of their 1,700 allocation so far. 

Hopefully be a little too good for them but fair play on their sales considering away results so far .

39 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Must be because they were all there in 1968 the last time they won at our place....😉

Lol the words tempting fate come to mind, or “potential banana skin” 😳

I can see them attempting to exert their physical presence on Aarons and Lewis.  So far, they've stood up to that sort of treatment very well.  Wednesday's Nuhiu (sp.?) tried to bully Aarons last Saturday but failed.  We need to dominate possession as usual and if we can do that, I think we'll win comfortably.

11 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Whenever I think of them I always remember Stu Wall

Whenever I think of them I always remember Harold (Harry) Cripps, Norfolk boy (Dereham) who became an East End legend.

Solid as a rock, Harry played for 400 games for Millwall (yes 400!) and seemed to be a permanent feature for year after year.

They do not make them like that anymore.

Cripps died of a heart attack aged 54, sadly. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

My first ever game was at the Den, 74/75 I think 1-1 draw, Geoff Butler scored and didn't know how to celebrate.  Barry Kitchener gave them the lead. I remember Suggett, Boyer, Keelan and Big Dunc and getting chased home by six kids for celebrating our equalizer... That was a lesson!

That was my first experience of the Old Den and i seem to remember the Geoff Butler goal came in the last minute.

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

That's right TIL we went up and they went down... conceding in the last minute made survival that much more unlikely. 

I was at that game as a young boy and so wanted to celebrate as Butler scored but was too frightened to cheer.  I’m pretty sure it relegated them and the atmosphere outside afterwards was toxic. None of of our group who attended dare say a word in case we were recognised by our accents. 

11 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

That was my first experience of the Old Den and i seem to remember the Geoff Butler goal came in the last minute.

I remember it well.  We equalised a few minutes from the end, which resulted in a load of very angry Millwall supporters thumping any Norwich fans they could find.  And that was in the grandstand!  Hate to think what it was like on the terraces!

14 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I think it came in the 98th minute. I was terrified. What a horrible place