Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

So Where will we finish

There''s still plenty of points to play for but can we realistically finish in the play offs, i doubt it. I reckon mid -table, we simply wont be good enough when we lose davenport, safri etc.

could be anywhere, this league changes so quickly that to even think about it in November there must be an air of boredom and/or desperation

late spring rally to come 13th- coincinding with return of McKenzie to form...wholesale clearout in summer

17th - 19th. 

Truly abysmal and we''ll flirt with relegation right up until the end and will only

stay up due to the inadequacies of others.

When walker was sacked he had a squad with only 2 defenders in it (incl fullbacks)

and no budget.  We were awful but personally I thought he worked wonders with what was available at the time.

If we play like we did in the second half at Cov, in the play-offs. As for "staying up due to the inadequacies of others", that''s what always happens, isn''t it? Similarly, we could get promoted, but it would only be due the inadequacies of others.

Truthfully, I''ve no idea, we''ve got the consistency of lumpy custard at

the moment.  I don''t believe we''ll get relegated, we''ll probably

finish mid-table. I''d like to think if robbo and dicko fire together

like  holt & francis did, we''ve got a chance of the playoffs -

for me the team in theory is well capable of going on a sustained run,

its down to worthy to make them play like the quality players they are.

- mid table or slightly below, but it depends if we manage, somehow, to find a decent player or two in January.

Given the history of the management team, and especially their

difficulty in motivating the team, it is difficult to see a higher

position.It also has to be said that the signings of the summer were

generally not

good, and it is their quality and paucity which makes a high finish

unlikely.

There is always the possibility of something happening, like the

arrival of Huckerby, which could galvanise the team, but there is

little sign of this at the moment. A fit and confident Ashton, a good

supporting striker for him, Huckerby or some other wide player who

creates chances, and there should be no treal threat of relegation.

I have been saying all season we can still make the play offs but after the game sat the first ten mins defending there is no excuse for. basically lethargic and very sleepy looking game had passed us by then. injuries also reared its ugly head again now i read safri says fatigue kept him out this seems a very lame excuse specially as dickson was kept out with another training ground injury you would have thought safri would have played under the circumstances. I might ring my boss tommorow and see if i can get a couple of days off becauce i am feeling tired and sorry for myself i am suprised worthy let that be printed about safri fatigue what a joke. Now getting back to were we might finish after watching the shambles sat no better than10th somewhere between 10th and20th.

I think it''s likely that City will finish mid table because we are just so inconsistant.  Everytime we win a game we all hope that this will be the start of us putting some sort of run toether but it just doesn''t happen. 

Saying that, as long as we are within reach of the play off''s come the end of February a good two months could see us claim a play off spot.  Despite my views on Worthy he has assembled a squad that is good enough for promotion and if he can get them playing with confidence, a play off place is not out of the question.

It''s all if''s though really.  If Worthy can breed some confidence.  If we can keep Etuhu and Robinson.  If we can keep Ashton and he starts to look like the player he was last year.  If Safri can stay fit.  If we stop hitting so many long balls (this is linked to Saf, Etuhu & Robinson if''s).  If Hux can rediscover the form of seasons past.  If Shackell and Doc can form a good partnership.  If we can manage to play the same team for 5 games in a row.  If Worthy picks the right players. 

There are just too many parts of the Norwich City machine not working at the moment but if it can start working again we could climb up the league.

At the moment its hard to say really isn''t it? How we''ve been playing of late I''m saying no higher than mid table and that would be stretching it. I dont think we will get relegated but if we carry on like this every week, we will be floating above the relegation zone for sure.

However if we were to seriously turn things around and really go for it (playes need a serious kick up the a... first though!), the play offs would be pratical for us this season. That said, I think it would do us good to stay in this league, sort ourseleves out and really challenge for promotion next season, with a squad that will fight for promotion and give it their all. (Not like it is at the mo where the players arent doing their best!) This season we have a prem hangover and that aint good! We need to hurry up and recover from this before its too late.

At the moment:

8 points off the play-offs

4 points off relegation

All I can say at the moment is it''s totally unpredictable & completely inevitable.