Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

City looking at wingers

Passlack. Although the club were trying for a winger in the summer - mainly Harry Wilson, but couldn’t get their target(s). 

Apart from Hernandez there isn’t really a pacy winger in the squad. This is why Cantwell ended ended up playing on the left. I think Passlack would have got more game time if it wasn’t for the homegrown rule and I suspect he’ll leave in January. 

(Team Talk story looks like nonsense though, as is often the case with them). 

I also seem to remember us being linked to a pacey winger named Schindler a couple of months back, seems as if it'll be a position we move to strengthen come January.

7 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I also seem to remember us being linked to a pacey winger named Schindler a couple of months back, seems as if it'll be a position we move to strengthen come January.

Schindler will certainly be on the list.....

If it's whingers the club are after

then they need look no further than this forum

25 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Schindler will certainly be on the list.....

Boom tish.  (Couldn't let it go unnoticed Lakey 😉)

Wouldn't surprise me if they tried to move Ben Marshall on. With Hernandez, Cantwell and Buendia competing for the wide slots, and Aarons at right back, Marshall seems a luxury.

Possibly next summer, but I would think the club is well aware that most signings will be at the 'further development needed' stage so those who are deemed up to scratch will be needed and kept.

If we are, as I expect, well up in the promotion race there will not be any chance to 'top up the squad' should we need to in Feb/March as before.

Marshall will be needed, and I'm sure will be on the pitch sooner rather than later. More so with these nonsense breaks that are forcing spells on intense number of games. If anyone is going I would suggest it will be Pinto.

If we are still up there by January, do you think think club will take a chance and invest in players without getting rid of anyone?

We know who will be gone at the end of the season and at least three of them are on top money so in a way we will know what the wage bill would be if we stayed in the Championship.

Marshall and MacLean, I suppose, were brought in to help us in the Championship but whether that is at the top of the division may be questionable, certainly Marshall whereas MacLean is perhaps another sick note.

I would imagine Passlack will be kept as it is only a loan and maybe cash in on Pinto.

I’m not sure Norwich will have a choice whether to keep Passlack or not - Dortmund won’t be happy with his lack of game time (they cancelled his loan with Hoffenheim for the same reason). 

No way Marshall will leave, injury is the only reason he hasn’t featured more (at least from the bench) and with the homegrown player situation I can’t see anyone like Marshall going  

• Like 1

I suspect Maclean might go out on loan in the second half of the season - He seems to be highly rated and part of the long-term strategy but has struggled for fitness and at this point is probably at the back of the queue in midfield due to the good form of other players - Cantwell has progressed faster than anticipated and Stiepermann moving further forward means he's somewhat surplus to requirements right now. Second half of the season at one of the weaker teams in the Championship might end up being a good move for both him and the club. 

Marshall I think will get games later this season; legs will start to get tired especially as the weather and pitch quality deteriorates and someone a bit grittier like Marshall might be better suited to say Hull away at the end of this month or Bolton and Preston in quick succession at the end of February. Not all teams and conditions will allow Hernandez, Cantwell and Buendia to play the game the way they like; having options available will benefit us big time I suspect. 

In terms of new players coming in, it's going to be a bit of an awkward situation I feel - perhaps more so if we're genuinely looking at a promotion push come January.  If we're recruiting for the Championship next season both of the names linked above look like good options with potential to do well - but if we were to go up, realistically the step up from Lincoln or Cork to the PL is going to be much too big for them. At 21 and 24 years old respectively, they'd presumably be coming in to the first team squad not the youth system... 

Edited by andyc24_uk