Sign in to follow this  
Hayden

Charlton should be in Divison 1

I think on the whole we played very well at Goodison, and to think that Norwich were out of their depth (as reported in the Daily Mail/Mirror and on MOTD) is nonsense. It was the cup, and we were a bit unlucky, but to say that the "gulf in divisions was evident" etc etc just doesn''t wash. Does that mean that from that one game Charlton should be in Div 1 and Gillingham be in 4th place in the Premiership? Hardly, Everton thumped Fulham at home and beat teams like Arsenal and Tottenham etc there too. I think if we go up we will be ok and we are not a million miles away from Premiership standard, despite what Crooks et al said.

Agreed - the coverage on MOTD was very sketchy to say the least. I wasn''t at the game, but watched Soccer Saturday where Tony Cottee was quick to praise us for our efforts. Where was Iwan''s "offside" goal? What about the rest of chances? Our period of possession in the second half? I appreciate they''re trying to reduce the highlights into a certain amount of time, but it seemed like we only scored and had the Hucks shot saved from close in. Garth Crooks must''ve just watched those highlights and decided we weren''t good enough.