err, the £10m figure was a 'claim' made by, 

yes....................you've guessed it

the Sun 😨

I hope they do get £10m in January, and I hope Lambert spends every last penny... and then they go down.

• Like 2

never mind biting at each other

it's Monday night's

Laugh at an Angry Northerner

featuring the Friar Tuck look a like with the silly stick on beard

unfortunately there is not a translation for this one

I have this awful feeling that fate will deal us a bum hand now and this will be the season that Ipswich break their hoodoo and take all 3 points.

4 hours ago, Grumpy said:

I have this awful feeling that fate will deal us a bum hand now and this will be the season that Ipswich break their hoodoo and take all 3 points.

They don't call you Grumpy for nothin' :classic_biggrin:

Seems like the majority on this Board want Lambert to fail and Ipswich to become extinct, cannot understand why they would want that and the local Derby  to go. I can remember when we were in the same position

• Like 1

6 hours ago, daly said:

Seems like the majority on this Board want Lambert to fail and Ipswich to become extinct, cannot understand why they would want that and the local Derby  to go. I can remember when we were in the same position

Possibly because they are City supporters and not binners. Nuff said.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, daly said:

That must have been when the Ipswich fans were distraught when we went down to League One then ? Yeah, right !

If we never played them again it'd be too soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

If we never played them again it'd be too soon

I'd be happy to see them have an extended spell in League One or Two and draw them in the cup every couple of years.

54 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

That must have been when the Ipswich fans were distraught when we went down to League One then ? Yeah, right !

If we never played them again it'd be too soon.

👍

48 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'd be happy to see them have an extended spell in League One or Two and draw them in the cup every couple of years.

That would be an ideal scenario in my book.

That's why I used the Wigan example Daly. I'd rather they propped up the Championship for a few years so we still get to play them while watching them slowly diminish. My fear, if they were relegated, would be that it could give them the kick start we experienced under Lambert.  I'm sure nobody wants that. 

I think Lambert will comfortably keep them up, simply because they don't lose that many games - he has to turn draws into wins and that is easier than if they were getting hammered and losing by two or three every week. Being perfectly honest, they have a decent keeper, and a couple of not bad defenders and midfielders. Adding a couple more hungry players from League One or the lower Champs in January should see them survive.

I wouldn't want them to go down because of the possibility of them doing what we did; much happier for them to scrabble for survival in the Champs every year.

44 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

That's why I used the Wigan example Daly. I'd rather they propped up the Championship for a few years so we still get to play them while watching them slowly diminish. My fear, if they were relegated, would be that it could give them the kick start we experienced under Lambert.  I'm sure nobody wants that. 

No chance of that

There is no semblance of parity with the two clubs

If they go down it will be further if anything

I'm not suggesting parity Bill, different times different opposition but that doesn't mean a different outcome. If they are relegated, they, like us ten years ago, would be seen as a big Club, despite their financial difficulties.  Any up and coming League 1 prospect would jump at a season under Lambert and, as we all know, that could provide the momentum for a tilt at promotion again the following year. 

2 hours ago, Bill said:

No chance of that

There is no semblance of parity with the two clubs

If they go down it will be further if anything

....and we didn't go down with a debt the size of a Third World country and an owner who couldn't seem to give a toss about the club any more🙄

3 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

....and we didn't go down with a debt the size of a Third World country and an owner who couldn't seem to give a toss about the club any more🙄

And therein lies the problem.

There are plenty who would be thought to be the same size, Coventry, Portsmouth, Charlton who have struggled once relegated.

Clubs like Sunderland tend to bounce back as their problems have not been so long term - whereas the paupers have been a basket case since the turn of the century'

If they go, they will stay gone for some while.

I thought we were on the brink of administration when we went down to league one, or at least would of been if we hadn't got up at the first attempt🤔

No.

The club had liabilities that could not be met under L1 income.

However with assets such as the ground and training ground there was never any serious idea of 'administration'.

We had Wes Hoolahan and Chris Martin already here and the good will of supporters and owners meant we could sign Grant Holt. There we had the goals to get out of League One. Where would the binners get the goals from?

Lambert earning plenty of plaudits from the southerners for calling in a number of the oldest & dearest down there for a chat about the club.

Nothing says 'Ipswich Town' quite like a fervent over-reliance on days gone by.

Don't be surprised if they are on the subs bench on Saturday

after all, they are free signings who are long past it

................................just the right fit for poorman road

Got to hand it to Lambert, he's well in tune with how to get them onside.  There's nothing they like more than an opportunity to dredge up their glorious past. 

• Like 1

If he could get them playing in black and white, give the kids rattles and bobble hats and offer half price tickets to blokes in long macs and flat caps

have the players run out to this

he'd fill poorman road in no time.

8 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Got to hand it to Lambert, he's well in tune with how to get them onside.  There's nothing they like more than an opportunity to dredge up their glorious past. 

Good PR job from Lambert. He clearly sussed out their weak spot from his time at Carrow Road.

I sense that he's realised that he has a mammoth task on his hands just keeping them up and that he needs to keep them on his side as they have a habit of turning very nasty.

I haven't visited my second favourite site for a while now... Well! You can have too much of a good thing, as they say.Besides, it's not the "Daily Norwich" anymore these days .... now I wonder why that is?

Last time I was on there they were in the throws of a collective grieving over the death and memory of the unfortunate Kevin Beattie. There was talk of having a statues erected outside Portman Road, suspending his old shirt number  for  the future and even of a full ninety minutes applause at the next home game. Cited as the " Greatest footballer never to play for England" (City fans know that that was Grant Holt in any case) he was virtually elevated to the status of the "Greatest  human being to have ever lived" throughout page after page of sentiment and history-fest that any sensible Canary fan would have given a miss.

(Cue: Snowflake time and a little lecture in political correctness please.) 

Saturday is vital for them. Lose to Reading and they will be cut adrift and virtually down and out. At least their demise will have come relatively quickly. Should there be a full ninety minutes applause at Carrow Road once they are relegated?

Ripswich? 

Edited by BroadstairsR

DDLLL - The "New Manager Bounce" in action.

Agent Scumbert playing an absolute blinder so far, long may it continue.

Norwich_Mind_The_Gap_Ipswich.thumb.png.6f980aeeb0a7526cd9151222a9311ee9.png

Edited by Norwich R Us