That's not even a full size shirt, it's a kids one.

Cheapskates to the last.

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Cheapskates to the last.

It's to match the size of his ambition.

2 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

Look at the eyes. You can tell that he's really thinking WTF am I doing here?!

Pound signs, nothing else

2 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

Look at the eyes. You can tell that he's really thinking WTF am I doing here?!

I have to agree that his body language is poor - he looks a shadow of the person we knew at Norwich. Sad to see it really and I hope he finds a club that suits him, probably needs a league 1 club to start again with. At least he's at the right club for that, just got there a season early.

Lambert is one of those managerial types who can keep them up. He's quite tough, streetwise and experienced having already been around the block in a relatively short managerial career.

It will only be delaying the inevitable though. ITFC have been in decline since their administration (and before,) and the crookery involved in that, which is conveniently more or less obliterated from their illustrious history.

Gates dipping to  around the 13, 000 mark  last season, and not much more this, are both a symptom of and a confirmation of this.

Lose against Reading and the bubble could burst very easily as they have become a very hostile lot over the years.

Perhaps we should look forward to the time when our own points per game ratio needed to gain promotion is less than their points per game ratio in order to avoid relegation.

I believe 40 points probably ensures the latter.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Points wise it is something I looked at over the w/e.

Forty points should see them save - whereas 40 points should see us in the playoffs.

Not absolutely accurate but a fair measure of how both clubs currently stand.

We are talking a massive effort for us to ensure a play off place, so Lord knows what they will have to come up with to achieve another 40 points.

I actually meant the total points by the end of the season.

Forty seems to be about the benchmark for survival, I'm unsure of the usual number needed for promotion so will need to investigate.

Forty more for the play-offs eh? Looking achievable at the moment.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Ah yes

my thought was both clubs would need around 40 points for the playoffs and avoiding relegation in their case

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Cheapskates to the last.

You obviously have not looked at the price of Children's replica kits then City1st ?

The points required to avoid relegation in the last four years has varied widely:

17/18  43

16/17  51

15/16  49

14/15  46

Lambert could draw every game and still be nailed on for relegation. 1.1 points per game would  only have been enough in 17/18, and in two of the last four years he would need 1.3 or greater.

It's not impossible, but it's not as if he's taking over a team of decent players who are under-performing. Actually we should be speculating as to whether Matt Gill can keep them up - if he does then he will be the New Messiah.

30 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You obviously have not looked at the price of Children's replica kits then City1st ?

oh dear

I would think it is what the shirt has cost them, not what they sell it for

unless they are selling themselves the shirt

ps he name is Bill

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

oh dear

ps he name is Bill

oh dear.

the shirt actually looks like an adult one anyway.

your sort of an adult, perhaps

(but good to see you joining in where you left off)

• Sad 1

When he left us his stock was so high, this picture shows a man who's wondering how he ended up here. If he gets them relegated he's probably safe for next season and we'll all laugh. If he manages to keep them up (a huge ask) he'll be offered a better gig somewhere decent and he'll be holding up someone else's shirt. 

5 hours ago, Bill said:

oh dear

ps he name is Bill

image.png.1c1a1b133c47739309291b1386ce1d61.png

7 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I have to agree that his body language is poor - he looks a shadow of the person we knew at Norwich. Sad to see it really and I hope he finds a club that suits him, probably needs a league 1 club to start again with. At least he's at the right club for that, just got there a season early.

😀

52 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

image.png.1c1a1b133c47739309291b1386ce1d61.png

poor old plod

never the brightest

ps your salute looks better in your other picture

I would imagine it is a bit difficult to look upbeat knowing the task you face. Especially with everyone saying it was Culverhouse that summoned up the magic for us.

It is obvious they need to go down, clean it all out and start fresh in L1. It certainly didn't do us any harm. We are a much better club, better supported and financially better off because of it.

Unfortunately for the paupers they are not in the same position we were in 2009.

They have no assets, as Evans has made off with pretty much everything. The squad is dire - propped up by a half dozen loanees. And this the product of millions of transfer income in the summer.

ST sales are thought to be below 10,000 and the casual ticket sales have similarly fallen away. A staggering £90m plus debt will not simply be cancelled either.

Elsewhere pretty much everything has been cut to the bone, with basic maintenance of the pitch and ground not being done, year on year.

If they drop, they could continue to fall further.

Perhaps we could wave some notes at them as the disappear down the plug hole.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

Unfortunately for the paupers they are not in the same position we were in 2009.

They have no assets, as Evans has made off with pretty much everything. The squad is dire - propped up by a half dozen loanees. And this the product of millions of transfer income in the summer.

ST sales are thought to be below 10,000 and the casual ticket sales have similarly fallen away. A staggering £90m plus debt will not simply be cancelled either.

Elsewhere pretty much everything has been cut to the bone, with basic maintenance of the pitch and ground not being done, year on year.

If they drop, they could continue to fall further.

Perhaps we could wave some notes at them as the disappear down the plug hole.

Most of the creditors are made up of Marcus Evans and his various companies. In theory, he could sell the club and forego any monies owed to him if he wanted shot. Of course, any amounts owed to suppliers, HMRC etc would still be payable. Many owners have written off debts to get a club off their hands, Sunderland’s previous owner being a recent example. However, actually attracting a buyer for Ipswich Town in the first place could be an impossible task.

For Ipswich to stay up now, Lambert is basically going to have to turn that team around so insanely much that they’ll pretty much need promotion form from here on in.

I just can’t see it somehow. The damage has been done. They are going down.

Much will depend on how they perform over the games in the run up to the transfer window. There is no longer the advantage of the loan facility as with City in 2009.

Games against WBA, Sheff Utd, Forest and Boro won't offer the best chance of picking up points. And they will need to almost double their current rate of points earned just to have 20 points by the beginning of the transfer window.

Even then it would mean around a 1.5 point a game tally over the next 20 games. A consistency that over a season would be almost a play off place.

Do that and they should survive ............. just.

Apparently he's going to be given £10m to spend in January. Maybe Evans wants to round the debt up to a nice round £100m before he pulls the plug?

I don't really bear any ill will again Lambert, he was always a gun for hire. It's how we got him, and how we lost him. If he blows £10m in January and still takes them down he'll be a double legend, and if he does a great job he'll soon jump ship when someone else comes in for him.