Sign in to follow this  

I''m not suprised in the slightest.  From what I remeber they booed through the minutes silence for Matt Busby.  Just because they were at a rival club should have nothing to do with it, do they not as human beings deserve a bit of respect.

I for one would respect any minutes silence for an Ipswich manager or player.

Sickening! i hope they go bankrupt and close down forever!

if they cant respect the dead then they dont deserve a club!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Sickening! i hope they go bankrupt and close down forever!

if they cant respect the dead then they dont deserve a club!

[/quote]

Its disgusting, but remember its a minority. Im sure over 99% of Leeds fans agree is was appalling.

i preffered the way celtic reacted to the silence

applauded and whistled making as much noise for the memory of him as possible, it must of been nice, the same atmosphere he enjoyed for most of his life, and which surrounded his best moments in his life.

What a send off

the applause idea is something id never tought of but seems fitting to cellebrate the careers of men like Best than mourn him being gone, i for one would love to leave this world to sound of applause for what i achieve. and as for these Leeds fans, deserve being taken to the bk of Stetford End, lining up and shoting, this country doesn''t need people like that any more than it terrorists. disgusting.

i am old enough to remember watching the greatest footballer of all time playing for Man U and Northern Ireland . I will never forget the stick he got at Wembley in 1971 i think it was playing for N Ireland, but hr responded in the way that no footballer playing today could do, i.e. by running England ragged and scoring, if i remember correctly, the only goal.

also recall watching him at Poorman Road ( Norwich were in the old second division at the time and i dont believe that Best ever graced the carrow road turf), where there must have been 10,000 picture posters of him on display, proudly held by Ipswich and Utd fans ( although i would guess that they were probably Best fans only).

watching the old clips of him on TV over the weekend, reminded me of when football was played by men, and not by ponces as it is today( i could imagine Duncan Forbes saying "hello" to a forward who feigns injury as they do today!)

However, was a minutes silence really necessary at every English ground? Surely it should have been reserved for Man Utd and Fulham and the other english sides he played for? Plus it was a no brainer that there would have been problems with Leeds/Liverpool fans, surely?

Sad reflection, but these minute silences are becoming increasingly difficult to do...is it me or have the number of them also increased significantly over the years...familiarity breeding contempt etc?

''No brainer'' comment about Leeds fans earlier is right though

Same might have been said last season expecting protestant Hearts fans at Celtic game to respect Pope''s death

A shame...

Religion should be casta side for the beuatiful game.

ur right when you say that silences/applause are dished out to oreadily. We have had silences for the Tsunami victims, Holly and Jessica, Princess Diana etc. where as only 10-15 years ago they were reserved for those within football only.

I do feel they sometimes lose their meaning if we have too many.