Sign in to follow this  
York Canary

Daniel Farke signs pre-contract to take over at Bayer Leverkusen

We could well be seeing this type of headline if we don't act soon and get Farke and his coaching staff signed up with new deals.

With every win and movement up the table, Farke's stock gets bigger and better. Good teams will be watching and monitoring his time in England.

It's time to get him signed up for the next 2-3 years, he's more than earned it - let's get it sorted while our club is on the crest of a wave.

Come on, Webber!

(PS. apologies if the title of this thread caused any stress...!)

Edited by York Canary

Haha that title did make me stress. I have no doubt wheels are in motion and the prospect of being in the premier league with Norwich is more attractive and lucrative to Daniel than a team back in Germany right now..

1 hour ago, York Canary said:

(PS. apologies if the title of this thread caused any stress...!)

Well, you're not sorry or you wouldn't have typed it in the first place.

Disagree. While it will be good to tie Daniel down to a longer term contract, from his pov he must now be thinking about the possibility of mixing it with the big boys in the Premiership. Norwich City is very much his own project now that the former PL players have moved on. Farke will want to prove himself at the highest level and that means English Premier League.

Wait for AGM when if any good news it will be then.  Just hope doesn't implode in next weeks.  

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The only people who think the Premier League is the best are blinkered Englishmen. 

Them and the world's best coaches

2 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Them and the world's best coaches

Once their pay packet is agreed they will say that.

It's the best income generating & wage-paying league, doesn't translate to the best in all aspects of football - although it is competitive

I'm sure Webber has it all in hand. 

Either that, or he's currently in Germany eyeing up Dortmund's current reserve team manager.

I think Farke is an intelligent and respectful guy, and I think he'll sign a new contract soon. If he is as successful as he hopes to be and takes us up in style, paying off his contract won't be an insurmountable stumbling block for a big club wishing to take him on.

If he doesn't take us up this season, I think both him and the club would benefit from rubber-stamping the security of a longer contract. Sure, that would mean a bigger pay-off for the club if things do go wrong in a hurry, but on the balance of probability I'd say his stock is more likely to continue to rise than it is to fall off the proverbial cliff.