Haggerdoo

How many points will we have after the next 7 games (half way stage)

After last nights result at WBA I am truly beginning to believe that we have an excellent chance of the top two now and the top six is definitely achievable. A five point gap to third at this stage is not to be sneezed at and if (we love that word as fans don't we?) we can reach the halfway point on 46/47 points then Surfer's excellent analysis makes the second half requirement of points achievable at a little more than play off average performance of points per game rather than top two. Doable as they say. I reckon that 90 points will be enough for top two this season with the top eight looking to be fairly close. Play off points required may need to be a bit higher than normal (75 points?) because of this. We will have a blip, probably at Christmas. we hardly ever win on Boxing Day? Even in our previous promotion seasons we have stumbled around Christmas. 

This is after I was fearing that we might finish in the bottom six and even flirt with relegation after the Ipswich game, where quite frankly there was nothing between the teams on the day. And without Grant Hanley and that fabulous player James Maddison who will leave Leicester for an enormous fee at some point very soon. 

Keep it going Norwich! 

I can see a real business opportunity here for someone setting up as a psychic/astrologer/fortune teller, in a tent outside Carrow Road. For a couple of quid and quick look into the crystal ball, they could tell you what the Championship Table looks like at 2:30pm on 5th May 2019. For me, I'm a believer in Sir Alex Ferguson's dictum that, for teams in the upper reaches of the table, the season only really starts after Christmas (a truth of which Arsenal supporters of recent years in particular, are painfully aware). For the moment, I intend to follow Daniel Farke's sound advice to enjoy being where we are both performance-wise and table-wise and, moving forward, just take one game at a time. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

I can see a real business opportunity here for someone setting up as a psychic/astrologer/fortune teller, in a tent outside Carrow Road. For a couple of quid and quick look into the crystal ball, they could tell you what the Championship Table looks like at 2:30pm on 5th May 2019. For me, I'm a believer in Sir Alex Ferguson's dictum that, for teams in the upper reaches of the table, the season only really starts after Christmas (a truth of which Arsenal supporters of recent years in particular, are painfully aware). For the moment, I intend to follow Daniel Farke's sound advice to enjoy being where we are both performance-wise and table-wise and, moving forward, just take one game at a time. 

I have to agree with this,  I'm enjoying every moment of this run and it 's made me a real believer...but I 'd rather keep my feet on the ground. I reckon it must be all these years of experience of supporting NCFC 😉 ... never mistake a wish for a certainty , etc...

3 hours ago, Diane said:

I don't think we should get carried away with what the tables might look like, one game at a time

Completely agree Diane. But a man can dream ...

... And COMPLETELY OT but I was reflecting on why Zimbo's name seemed to ring a bell ..

"Zimbo, commin' to the rescue" !!

8 hours ago, Hairy Canary said:

Do you know what do the 1, 2, 3, -3,-2,-1 numbers mean on the left hand side of the current league table Surfer. I like the way that format shows the gaps between teams. 🙂

It's a quick visualization of how many Wins Ahead for Norwich, and Wins Behind for Ipswich HC. i.e how many times the teams chasing us have to win and we lose, and for Ipswich how many times they have to win and everyone else loses to close those gaps. (I know it's redundant info)

Edited by Surfer

I'm sure the BBC bloke who does the live reports said summat like "17 out of the last 20 teams who had this many points at this point in the season were promoted". 

Sky Sports have done a simulation with FM to predict the Championship over the festive period.

This sees us going into Jan with 49 points, losing only to Bolton across the 6 games and trailing Leeds by a point in 2nd place.

It also has the Big Blue Bin Brigade picking up points at a commensurate rate with 2 wins, 3 draws and just the one defeat, leaving them 5 points from safety.

I don't think 9 points for us is unrealistic- but losing to Bolton then going unbeaten for the rest of the month doesn't sound right to me. Also can't see Ipswich getting anything more than 0 from their 3 away games (Stoke, QPR, Boro) so they'd have to be red-hot at home.

All these ifs  and maybes is good fun to pass the days away between games but it’s too much for my old ticker. 

Maybe it’s my age and I’m waiting for the cracks to appear which in fairness to the team just don’t look there .