Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

For those who wanted Farke OUT

24 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'll judge from what I see on the pitch. 

What we saw last season was largely **** and the criticism was justified. Equally what we've seen since Ipswich has been overwhelmingly positive and the praise has been more than deserved.

Fairly simple.

Although that depends on if you'll judge what you see on the pitch or just the end results...

As Nutty has pointed out, at home in particular we improved massively starting after christmas in terms of attacking intent and creating chances but because they werent taken people were still complaining about Farkes boring, dull and slow football. That was then furthered by some saying Farke doesnt know how to get a team to play in this league effectively, despite the fact it was predominantly down to poor taking of chances.

If everyone went by what they saw on the pitch then the general consensus would be that we improved on the bits people moaned about at the start of his tenure and improved even further over preseason this season leading us to looking much better despite selling the hottest talent in the league and our second highest goalscorer. 

But there were plenty on here who despite that were calling for his head a few games into this season which is where this post is fairly targeted towards, unless you can find anything in these posts that ive got wrong or lied about?

Without any grasp of why it would seem.

The club were relegated with only two seasons of parachute payments, which would not see out the wage bill.

Keeping the club afloat financially while attempting to built a competitive squad was always going to be a longer process tha what some seemed to delude themselves about. We could not go out and pay for 'ready made' players.

Those signed would have to be players who could be developed. That takes time, as does rlowering the wage bill and using any surplus to bring in players. That was reflected on the pitch.

Unfortunately I thought almost any supporter could grasp that. Could see what the club's long term plan was. But on this occasion I was wrong. Badly wrong, as the simple minded bleated ever louder. Yes, sack Farke....and all the rest, coaches and even Webber.

A change that was always going to take time (four transfer windows I believe) was to be strangled at birth with not the slightest idea what would follow or how it would be paid for.

So stop whining and trying to justify youR guff. You expected the magic success tree to carry on bearing fruit, and stamped your little foot when it didn't. We can all move forward but when folk have the gall to try and excuse their attacks on the club then those posts warrant a response.

Farke and Webber have achieved a minor miracle in turning things around so quickly, especially considering that we were a year late in starting the major rebuilding work.

I remember saying we should begin selling this and that 'star' player upon relegation, and a couple of people on here said they wouldn't turn up if these players weren't in the team!

Two years later only one (or two?) of the previous prem side are still here, and Farke has already made us look better than Lambert's Championship runners up.

To be honest, not even in their wildest dreams would the most ardent of happy clappers have seen our recent run of form coming.

It's been more like an overnight transformation rather than the slow transition that many posters were predicting.

To be fair to Farke though he has got things going and wherever you look on the pitch we have some outstanding players and the football is attractive and exciting.

What's more, the squad has enough depth and quality so that even with suspensions and injuries virtually anyone can come in without the team losing any cohesion.

I did predict some months ago, much to the derision of some posters, that compared to recent Championships the league this season wasn't particularly strong.

I have yet to see anything that has changed my opinion on that and we are as good if not better than any team in this league.

Long may the momentum continue.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hogesar said:

Although that depends on if you'll judge what you see on the pitch or just the end results...

As Nutty has pointed out, at home in particular we improved massively starting after christmas in terms of attacking intent and creating chances but because they werent taken people were still complaining about Farkes boring, dull and slow football. That was then furthered by some saying Farke doesnt know how to get a team to play in this league effectively, despite the fact it was predominantly down to poor taking of chances.

If everyone went by what they saw on the pitch then the general consensus would be that we improved on the bits people moaned about at the start of his tenure and improved even further over preseason this season leading us to looking much better despite selling the hottest talent in the league and our second highest goalscorer. 

But there were plenty on here who despite that were calling for his head a few games into this season which is where this post is fairly targeted towards, unless you can find anything in these posts that ive got wrong or lied about?

We improved in some respects last season but were also totally awful at times- Wednesday and QPR were two awful performances, not just results for instance. Also the idea that our poor form was 'predominantly due to missed chances' just isn't true. For instance Infogol have us finishing a whole 0.4 points ahead of where we did based on xg.

But poor form King? We finished midtable which with all the upheaval isnt easy in itself. Also yes we had some awful performances. Most teams do. Especially with the wholesale changes we were making. People dont seem to associate the two.

Those down the road made a big change. No where near as big as us but look how hard its been for them.

The most disappointing thing is that so many people made their minds up about the manager far too early without showing a bit of patience and waiting to see what he could do over a reasonable amount of time and not five minutes. We’ve had a massive turnover of players since he came in, and Webber always said ‘judge us after four transfer windows’, personally I think in the majority of cases a football manager needs at least two years to produce a team and tactics with his stamp all over it. 

I don’t think it’s a Norfolk thing, it’s football in general but people want instant success and aren’t prepared to wait and see players and coaches adapt and improve, especially when coming from a foreign country. It’s not rocket science that coaches and players will need a period of time to settle in and adapt and we now seem to be reaping the benefit of that happening last season. And it’s becoming appparent that our recruitment is pretty good after all....some people were adamant that once Maddison was sold we wouldn’t score goals which is disrespectful and dismissive of players like Pukki, Buendia, Onel etc without waiting to see what they could produce and in Pukki’s case writing him off completely because he had a difficult spell in Scotland a few years back. 

We obviously have people running the football part of the club who know what they are doing and with some more shrewd recruitment in January who knows what we can achieve. Perhaps very little but maybe, just maybe an awful lot. 

• Like 1

A 4-0 defeat and we know who will pop up and post and indulge in club bashing but likewise a 4-0 win and we know who will pop up indulging in fellow poster bashing.

Now off out for the day but when i take a look at this thread again tonight i suspect that i know who will be responding to this post. 😜

Top of the league and a thumping great win coupled with scum getting cut adrift but only on The Pink Un could this sort of nonsense thread be started that achieves exactly what ?

Edited by TIL 1010

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

A 4-0 defeat and we know who will pop up and post and indulge in club bashing but likewise a 4-0 win and we know who will pop up indulging in fellow poster bashing.

Why are you fellow poster bashing? 😀

When we came down from the Prem two years ago who thought Jamal Lewis, Aarons, Cantwell were ready for the first team? And players like Pukki, Leitner, Vrancic, Buendia were not even at the club at the time. So it takes time to create a footballing philosophy, and it takes time to get players to buy into that philosophy, and then it takes even more time for them to get up to speed on what is required and the Championship is relentless with one game hot on the heels of the last one. So now I get why we were seeing a lot of cautious tippy-tappy stuff for the past two years - we weren't good enough for the free-flowing football that we're now seeing and we would have been ripped to shreds had we tried it. And yet it was possible to see a shape forming over the past couple of seasons even though we were far from the finished article. You could see what Farke was trying to do even if it didn't always work. So patience is required and the younger guys who are always more likely to buy into what Farke is trying to achieve (and consider the Nelson situation here) are now up to first-team readiness and you can see why things are all coming together.

Fans criticize, but that's what fans do when things are not going well, fortunately the silent majority were still on board the boat. But bygones should be bygones and we should welcome everybody back on board so that we can enjoy the rest of the season united in backing Farke, the team and our club. Now's not the time to rock the boat.

Edited by Rock The Boat

Must admit, after watching the Leeds game and the way the players seemed to completely abort and lose faith in the game plan after the first goal, I was very much teetering towards "if he goes I won't be unhappy".

I will also admit that at the beginning of last season I predicted it wouldn't be until after Christmas this season until we see Farke's style coming off! Mainly due it still took Pep well over a year to get it right at Man City with the talent at his disposal! Though the reason for my feelings after the Leeds game were because I felt as though we were going backwards...

Here's a question, has there ever been a time when ourselves and Ipswich have been at polar ends of the table simultaneously?! Loving it!

Sigh. When we should all be happy at our clubs current success, some still feel the need to attack fellow fans. Some even call for calm and then attack again in their next post! All very strange. I don't think Daniel would approve...

OTBC

Never doubted Farke, I did doubt the quality of depth in our squad, but hands up, they’re definitely good enough to take this league.

i love the mix of youngsters and our foreign players.

geniune question, but will Brexit mean some of the players here’s require work permits and as they probably won’t meat some of the perimeters will we lose them come contact renewal? Or as they are here are they OK.?

Agree with others, good to get behind the team, I’ll be there for the Rotherham game, looking forward to another game.