Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

For those who wanted Farke OUT

LOL

Is it a worry that there seemed to be a connection between Farkexiteers and Brexiteers?

Hope it's not a sign....

• Like 1

You know i'll get some right stick for the OP Nutty, but I don't care. I love watching this team this season, even at the start when we weren't winning we were playing some really good football. Thankfully most could see it but some of the vocal's on here were far too premature and you worry that the 'sheep' supporters which every club has might follow them and end up causing a really talented head coach to get the sack.

• Like 1

We started playing better after Christmas Hoggy.

Don't feel bad about starting this thread. Just think how many more would have been started calling you out if it had gone the other way.

Live by the sword etc....

• Haha 2

Wonderful to prove we are on the right track. Farke has always been a very good fit with Norwich City. We now have a right good team (that's me expressing myself in my adopted Yorkshire ). No doubt the 3 or 4 detractors will pop up now and then but tonight they will be absentees.

• Like 1

Even the ultimate happy clapper couldn't have thought we would have been top of the league by November. I wanted us to be more competitive, play more attractive football and keep the season going beyond March. Looks like we've certainly achieved two of those but we need to keep this going now and there is no reason why we couldn't achieve auto promotion. 

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Even the ultimate happy clapper couldn't have thought we would have been top of the league by November. I wanted us to be more competitive, play more attractive football and keep the season going beyond March. Looks like we've certainly achieved two of those but we need to keep this going now and there is no reason why we couldn't achieve auto promotion. 

Yes, but if your expectation is auto-promotion then might I say your expectations are a little too high.

• Like 1

We have been playing better all season but I've got to be honest and I thought Farke was on borrowed time after that horror game against Leeds. To be fair it all clicked from the Ipswich game onwards, the defeats against Stoke and Bournemouth were unlucky and we're just looking so good now.

Still a big ask to finish top six but we've given ourselves a great chance.

Maybe best to now let bygones be bygones as I sure everyone is over the moon about how things are - and tonight is one of the best nights of the season so far.

The club are certainly on the right track, as the coaching appears to be improving players all the time - as well as finding the right ones at the right 'price' to improve.

Finances are in order and I doubt there will be too many empty seats next week at CR

So enjoy, and lets look forward

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yes, but if your expectation is auto-promotion then might I say your expectations are a little too high.

I've watched City long enough not to have expectations about anything, I'm just saying there's no reason why we couldn't achieve that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You know i'll get some right stick for the OP Nutty, but I don't care. I love watching this team this season, even at the start when we weren't winning we were playing some really good football. Thankfully most could see it but some of the vocal's on here were far too premature and you worry that the 'sheep' supporters which every club has might follow them and end up causing a really talented head coach to get the sack.

Why should you feel bad, Hoggy? You shouldn’t. Those that were wetting their knickers 3 games in could well have been responsible for getting a perfectly good manager sacked. Sorry, but if they give it, then they’d better be prepared to take it - that’s how things work.

Brilliant result today, especially coming back from the missed peno. Loving this season, long way to go, but why shouldn’t we win the league. Every single ingredient is there 👍. OTBC🐥

• Like 1

Being a smug know-it-all is just as bad as being one of the permamoaners, hogesar. Grow up and enjoy the win.

(and FWIW I thought we were totally inept at the start of the season and Farke should have gone. I’m more than happy to admit I was wrong and offer an apology to Mr Farke)

If anything Hoola I think I might enjoy the win just that little bit more because of my faith in Daniel Farke. 🙂

13 minutes ago, Bill said:

Maybe best to now let bygones be bygones as I sure everyone is over the moon about how things are - and tonight is one of the best nights of the season so far.

I concur with this 100%. Well said. We are all City fans, whatever our opinions.

DFegKTWv.jpg.f8216e09d3d434eab582d42f092f5821.jpg OTBC DFegKTWv.jpg.f8216e09d3d434eab582d42f092f5821.jpg

A good time for all the fans to pull together now, that’s all we need. Big well done to Webber and all at the club, everyone makes a contribution to success.

Edited by Yellowfuture
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Why should you feel bad, Hoggy? You shouldn’t. Those that were wetting their knickers 3 games in could well have been responsible for getting a perfectly good manager sacked. Sorry, but if they give it, then they’d better be prepared to take it - that’s how things work.

Brilliant result today, especially coming back from the missed peno. Loving this season, long way to go, but why shouldn’t we win the league. Every single ingredient is there 👍. OTBC🐥

Agree. My attitude to sport is to win and achieve, otherwise it's just a form of exercise. Nothing in this league to fear and finishing out of the top 6 would kind of be a failure now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yellowfuture said:

A good time for all the fans to pull together now, that’s all we need. Big well done to Webber and all at the club, everyone makes a contribution to success.

To be fair I agree with this. Owners, board, staff, team and fans united and on the charge...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bill said:

The club are certainly on the right track, as the coaching appears to be improving players all the time - as well as finding the right ones at the right 'price' to improve.

Finances are in order and I doubt there will be too many empty seats next week at CR

👍🏻

1 hour ago, Bill said:

That. This what the optimists expectedk. It takes time...

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Really wanted it to work for Farke & Webber from Day 1, loved the German connection so really pleased that we're doing so well for them and for us, we are building something special here make no mistake. Well done to the ncfc board for getting Webber onboard, great decision

I wonder exactly how close Tilly was to coming out of retirement and leading the charge against Delia? He can now put his feet up and enjoy watching highlights of Srbeny's goal.

• Haha 6

Ill hold my hands up .... I wrote this after the 0-3 Leeds defeat..

On 27/08/2018 at 10:56, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I''ve no idea of how high he is regarded in the game on germany.....or what sort of level he would re enter at should he return to German football

...his managerial experience prior to coming here was coach of lippstadt in the German regional 5th division. ...and dortmund''s reserve team in the German 4th division.

Can you imagine the response had we had appointed a coach who''d only managed in the equivilant levels in the English league pyramid? ? ...and indeed what level that coach would return to after leaving us?

...we''ve an amateur in charge who has never managed at anything like championship level before and is not only learning on the job, the standard of competition but also a different country''s football at the same time.

It''s a completely unnecessary risk and one we''re suffering because of.

Whilst I don''t agree with this self funded model , if that''s the way we''re operating then I understand it takes times ...and I''m all for giving the "right" coach time....but I don''t believe farke is the right coach either in pedigree, credentials, ability, performances, team conditioning, tactical, or results.

I simply won''t believe that there wouldn''t be better coaches out there, even currently unemployed , that wouldn''t be doing a better job than we''re seeing.

....and if the board genuinely believe that there isn''t, and that farke is the best there is available (4 wins in 21) and that they have provided him with all the resources to do his job....then it''s time that they looked at themselves and stood down.

Ultimately somebody at the club at some level is failing in their duties...at which level??

.....I wanted to see sone evidence after a year as to why Farke had seemingly been headhunted....and boy are we seeing it now.

Somethibg clearly clicked on the training pitches in that 2 week international break between the Ipswich and Middlesbro games which has been implemented and carried out in every game since...a pattern of play, a gameplan and most of all , each and every player on the pitch looking comfortable on the ball

.....its quite something to watch at the moment...and I'm more than happy than Farke is proving me wrong

• Like 1

I Admit i wanted him out but after last season poor show and the first games this season i could not see him changing 

But now i admit i got that wrong  team now playing a lot better ,Farke has got a new found confidence about him 

The whole club is now different and going in the right direction i am now worried about Farke's contract ! 

i did say that we might be a better team without Maddison due to the whole team having more of the ball and not all going through one star player and that seems to be the case we are not so easy to predict 

Edited by norfolkngood

Although a big fan of James Maddison who is going to be a big player not only for his current club but also for England this Norwich team is a lot more balanced and pleasing on the eye without him.They could prove a lot of people wrong come the end of the season.Well done to everyone at the football club lets hope this form continues.

But will we learn from this and not wet our pants when we go through a rough patch? What now worries me is Farke's contract.

• Like 1

So let's unite the club by having a go at people who were wrong.

My opinion was DF would see out his contract and would be gone. That looks to be way off. Thank goodness for that. But even the most loyal must have wanted something to change after the bad results at the start. And this is a different NCFC right now eg putting Stiepperman so far forward instead of full back.

But can't you just ignore the outrageous comments instead of provoking them when we do have a poor result or performance.

• Like 1

I'll judge from what I see on the pitch. 

What we saw last season was largely **** and the criticism was justified. Equally what we've seen since Ipswich has been overwhelmingly positive and the praise has been more than deserved.

Fairly simple.