Does anyone know if the Opera browser VPN still works since they changed location from individual countries to just continents?

If not, any recommendations re. free VPN's.

Thanks. (asking for a friend). 🕵️‍♂️

I can't seem to get around the obstacle that my payment method is listed in the UK.

Should this actually matter or is something else I'm potentially doing wrong?

15 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Does anyone know if the Opera browser VPN still works since they changed location from individual countries to just continents?

If not, any recommendations re. free VPN's.

Thanks. (asking for a friend). 🕵️‍♂️

Windscribe seems a very good free vpn.  Found it easy to use too.

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Windscribe seems a very good free vpn.  Found it easy to use too.

Did you install it on your computer or your browser LDC?

28 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Did you install it on your computer or your browser LDC?

Had problems with opera, the latest version was different to the old one.   Windscribe asks to attach to the browser and I installed it there first, then on the computer.  Not sure if you need it on both, but whatever, it works.....

59 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

I can't seem to get around the obstacle that my payment method is listed in the UK.

Something else. I have paid using UK payment card.

39 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Can somebody tell me what on earth you lot are on about ?

Asking for a technophobe friend. 😎

They're basically talking about using a piece of computer software to trick the iFollow online portal into thinking they are located in another country, thus giving them access to the live video stream of our matches.

38 minutes ago, hogesar said:

They're basically talking about using a piece of computer software to trick the iFollow online portal into thinking they are located in another country, thus giving them access to the live video stream of our matches.

Really ?

I used to use Opera's VPN but towards the end of last year it stopped working. Like LDC, I now use Windscribe - it's free and simple to use. Just make sure its started when you log in to ifollow and pay, then when the game pops up you can turn it off, saving your free usage allowance.

2 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

I found that if I put my card details in for each individual match, it wouldn't work. Once I saved them to my ifollow account, I didn't have a problem.

OTBC

3 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I used to use Opera's VPN but towards the end of last year it stopped working. Like LDC, I now use Windscribe - it's free and simple to use. Just make sure its started when you log in to ifollow and pay, then when the game pops up you can turn it off, saving your free usage allowance.

I found that if I put my card details in for each individual match, it wouldn't work. Once I saved them to my ifollow account, I didn't have a problem.

OTBC

I've just installed windsribe and was able to purchase a match day pass so all good by the looks of things.

I think my previous VPN was a bit crap.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

I've just installed windsribe and was able to purchase a match day pass so all good by the looks of things.

I think my previous VPN was a bit crap.

I used a VPN and bought a match pass last week but when I came to use it there was no option to watch. After thirty minutes of painful conversations with their online team they told me I couldn't watch (even though I was abroad) because my back card, which I've used many times, is registered in the UK. 

I'd be interested to hear if others sing you have had these issues or if you have them today. 

9 minutes ago, Splendid Rush said:

I used a VPN and bought a match pass last week but when I came to use it there was no option to watch. After thirty minutes of painful conversations with their online team they told me I couldn't watch (even though I was abroad) because my back card, which I've used many times, is registered in the UK. 

I'd be interested to hear if others sing you have had these issues or if you have them today. 

Ive used a uk bank card all last season buying individual game passes and a season pass for this year. No issues at all.

9 minutes ago, Splendid Rush said:

Thanks, although I just opened one of those links on my phone and now I'm being text messages thanking me for subscribing to 'globalcams' for £4.50 a week. Hopefully that's not true! 

It happened to me a month ago. I had to call my bank who put me through to the company in order to unsubscribe

@Lapps, just to add the free version of windscribe only allows 2gb and lasts just about one match. Not sure if that refreshes at any stage after a week or a month or something, but the option is to pay a small monthly fee which gives you unlimited time. 

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

@Lapps, just to add the free version of windscribe only allows 2gb and lasts just about one match. Not sure if that refreshes at any stage after a week or a month or something, but the option is to pay a small monthly fee which gives you unlimited time. 

You don't need to keep windscribe on for the whole match LDC. Once the video starts to play, you can turn it off. I get a 10 gb free allowance with it but I can't remember how I managed to get so much.

DFegKTWv.jpg.f8216e09d3d434eab582d42f092f5821.jpg OTBC DFegKTWv.jpg.f8216e09d3d434eab582d42f092f5821.jpg

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

If you give them your email address when you sign up you get 10gb a month.

It's optional to sign up without entering an email but when I did attempt to, a window popped up saying I would only get 2gb if I didn't enter an email. Just in case anyone is wondering, I didn't enter any card details. 

Just now, Chelm Canary said:

If you give them your email address when you sign up you get 10gb a month.

It's optional to sign up without entering an email but when I did attempt to, a window popped up saying I would only get 2gb if I didn't enter an email. Just in case anyone is wondering, I didn't enter any card details. 

Well you've just answered my question about how I got 10 gb...

DFegKTWv.jpg.f8216e09d3d434eab582d42f092f5821.jpg OTBC DFegKTWv.jpg.f8216e09d3d434eab582d42f092f5821.jpg

18 hours ago, kick it off said:

Ive used a uk bank card all last season buying individual game passes and a season pass for this year. No issues at all.

I used my UK bank card with a VPN all last season and several times this year but now they won't let me watch the games, even though they take my money when I buy a match pass. I had to get a refund. 

Anyone else having these issues? 

Hello chaps,

I've not used iFollow before but as I don't live locally I was looking into for tomorrow's game.

However on the offy site it says:

Next match 10 Nov 2018 15:00 (UK)
Norwich City v Millwall

There is not a match pass available for this match

Does that mean it's being shown on TV in the UK instead? Or are they selective with single match passes?

Thanks in advance!