Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Injuries

Do other teams get this many, as soon as one comes back two drop out ! Soon have more injured than fit, what’s happened to Marshall?

Yes, everyone gets Injuries. Probably above average at the moment but I wouldn't say the amount we're getting is anything special.

Some were probably affected by sheer number of mins played (Pukki, Cantwell and Lewis) but some have been pretty much unavoidable (Thompson's luck, Steipermann, Marshall and Tettey all getting various illnesses).

One of Farke's weaknesses is not making subs early enough - this would help ease workload and chance of injury - Pukki looked totally knackered in games before he eventually got injured playing for Finland and why keep pushing Cantwell for full 90 minutes game in game out when you have more than capable replacement in Vrancic sitting on the bench.

49 minutes ago, Haggerdoo said:

One of Farke's weaknesses is not making subs early enough - this would help ease workload and chance of injury - Pukki looked totally knackered in games before he eventually got injured playing for Finland and why keep pushing Cantwell for full 90 minutes game in game out when you have more than capable replacement in Vrancic sitting on the bench.

Not sure about this buddy. We have scored 4 first half goals and 16 second half goals of which 13 have been in the last 30 mins. This would suggest good management of the latter stages.

For all the good things Farke is rightly getting praised for I do tend to agree that he makes subs a bit late and I do also feel that he does at times run players into the ground when they could do with a rest or need to be subbed off earlier. In a few games, notably Brentford recently, I’ve felt several players have been knackered and struggling but he’s left them on as he really doesn’t like to change it until late in the game if we are winning or level.

with the amount of work Lewis and Aarons get through and the fact both don’t get international breaks off I was really surprised to see Lewis play at Bournemouth and with the type of player he is and the runs he makes I think it would be a mistake to risk him at Shef if he’s not fully fit.