Pete Raven

For those of you having trouble logging in

The site is practically unusable on older apple devices . It works fine on my wife’s iPhone X, my iPhone 6 is a nightmare on it but with patience it works eventually to the forum but loading the article pages is far more effort than its worth, and my dad has completely given up on the site on his 3rd gen iPad.

Edited by JF

It does not work at all on Firefox, just says welcome to nginx. 

Just refreshed firefox and it seems to be working ok. Must have had an update that sent it a bit wobbly.

Edited by Herman

17 hours ago, JF said:

The site is practically unusable on older apple devices . It works fine on my wife’s iPhone X, my iPhone 6 is a nightmare on it but with patience it works eventually to the forum but loading the article pages is far more effort than its worth, and my dad has completely given up on the site on his 3rd gen iPad.

I use a 6s and it’s fine. Are you using Safari?

Can anyone please tell what 'nginx' is exactly?

When trying to access the MB on the main site I'm constantly getting this message .......

Welcome to nginx!

If you see this page, the nginx web server is successfully installed and working. Further configuration is required.

For online documentation and support please refer to nginx.org.
Commercial support is available at nginx.com.

The only way that I logged on here now is because I linked from an email concerning my password 

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I use a 6s and it’s fine. Are you using Safari?

Yes safari. It works eventually but is worse than the old dial up internet! Other sites work fine on it, just this one that’s awful 

On 05/02/2019 at 16:15, C.I.D said:

Can anyone please tell what 'nginx' is exactly?

When trying to access the MB on the main site I'm constantly getting this message .......

Welcome to nginx!

If you see this page, the nginx web server is successfully installed and working. Further configuration is required.

For online documentation and support please refer to nginx.org.
Commercial support is available at nginx.com.

The only way that I logged on here now is because I linked from an email concerning my password 

Nginx is a webserver os. It means they were resetting the server or had something misconfigured.

Not a login in issue, but seemed like a good place to ask. This new forum has a handly little blue line to show you where you last read to when opening up a thread already visited. Other forums I use just jump straight to the most recent unread post when clicking on the thread. Is this not a function you can just turn on,  would save a lot of scrolling...

TA