Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Fuzzar

OT - EU straw poll...

Just now, ricardo said:

I can't be bothered to go through the differences of the USA to a United States of Europe again. Its been done to death.

There are massive differences between the cobbled together superstates of USA, Germany, Italy, India and the UK and the concept of a United States of Europe.

But what they do all do is serve to question the idea that all cobbled together superstates are doomed to failure, as you claimed all history proves.

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

I see, pointing out your usage of a racist expression is an attack ? That is not a wild accusation, as that is there for others to read, as is your constant defence of hank crank.

Maybe you should ask the person responsible for the quotes I put up why he thought hand crank was on here simply to stir the shat.

Or would that honesty be thought to break ranks with your own kind ? And if you are too stupid to not have understood what was going on last night then it probably explains why you are a brexiteer.

The fact that you believe that the word globalist is a racial expression is revealing. 

I know the left is going mad but I didn't think it was stupid as well.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jools said:

Excellent quote by TeflonTone at Guido following this good news: "Currently the EU has 5 universities in the global top 20 -- On November 1st they'll have none -- Cheerio losers." 😀

Now all a sensible government has to do is purge universities of left-wing doctrine which for too many years has been poisoning kids minds.

Let's dissect this.

First quoted sentence lauding the success of UK's universities.

Second quoted sentence moaning about UK universities.

Jools, logical contortionist, selective quoter, naive internet browser, wibbler and all-round entertainer.

" According to a new report commissioned by the supporters of second poll, more than half of UK farms could go out of business if Britain crashes out of the EU on 31 October. "

I wonder how many of that half include farmers who were gleefully putting up huge Leave signs in their fields before the referendum.

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

The fact that you believe that the word globalist is a racial expression is revealing. 

I know the left is going mad but I didn't think it was stupid as well.

It is the context it is used on here. Len or whatever other name he is uses to expression to post inflammatory guff hoping to get a reaction.

That you were and still are it would appear unable to grasp how three supposedly independent posters were using the same expressions and argument that had little to do with the subject mattersuggests either breathtaking stupidity or complicity.

I chose to think it was complicity, because this is hardly the first time is it ? As to the meaning in this context

" Despite the seemingly joking use of the term “globalist” by Trump and Mulvaney, many were quick to point to the word’s unseemly past as an anti-Semitic slur, embraced in alt-right circles before spreading into broader political discourse. As the Anti-Defamation League’s Jonathan Greenblatt put it, “Where the term originates from is a reference to Jewish people who are seen as having allegiances not to their countries of origin like the United States, but to some global conspiracy.” "

13 minutes ago, Jools said:

Good news that international student numbers are on the rise - despite Brexit -- https://twitter.com/jojohnsonuk/status/1161918580507762688?s=21

Bad news for the Remaniac, Project Fear mongers as  another of their lies bites the dust 🤥

Excellent quote by TeflonTone at Guido following this good news: "Currently the EU has 5 universities in the global top 20 -- On November 1st they'll have none -- Cheerio losers." 😀

Now all a sensible government has to do is purge universities of left-wing doctrine which for too many years has been poisoning kids minds.

Question -- How did Greta Thunberg get to Plymouth?

In other news, populists have a new nick for Steptoe: Magic Grandpa 😄

I am guessing by train, which is how she has been travelling around Europe spreading her message. The experience once she reached the UK may have been a bit of a culture shock, given the comparison with the general level of service on the continent, but she strikes me as tough enough to cope:

Greta Thunberg in Rome in April. She chose a train-only travel agency to book the trip.

"Rebel Conservative MPs have agreed to meet Jeremy Corbyn to discuss how to stop Boris Johnson pursuing a no-deal Brexit, without committing to backing him as a caretaker leader.

Tory MPs Dominic Grieve, Caroline Spelman and Oliver Letwin, plus former Conservative Nick Boles, said they would be willing to enter talks with the Labour leader in the weeks before parliament returns from recess."

Good news for Johnson as he is rather counting on them to save his sorry ar se

"I was stabbed in the back piffle waffle, wiffle paffle"

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, BigFish said:

The UK is a "cobbled together superstate" which under @ricardo's law is doomed to fail.

Well the UK has certainly been failing for the last few years and is looking increasing likely that it will split into its constituent parts in the near future!!!

But that's not a very long term vindication of Ricardo's law which completely misses the point, or at least the underlying reason, why countries, states, superstates, political blocs, empires - call them what you will - fail. There are of course exceptions, but the usual cause of failure is badly flawed political systems and leadership, which of course is exactly what is going to do for the United Kingdom.

But we were never 'doomed', we've just made stupid decisions over an extended period of time - nobody's fault but our own 😢

Edited by Creative Midfielder
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jools said:

Question -- How did Greta Thunberg get to Plymouth?

"Arron Banks has been criticised after he sent a “vile” tweet about teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg as she set sail across the Atlantic to attend UN summits on global warming.

The billionaire Leave.EU founder warned the 16-year-old that “freak yachting accidents do happen in August” in response to a tweet by Green Party MP Caroline Lucas who praised Ms Thunberg for her “zero-carbon trip”.

Coincidence, I think not ?

"

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Well the UK has certainly been failing for the last few years and is looking increasing likely that it will split into its constituent parts in the near future!!!

But that's not a very long term vindication of Ricardo's law which completely misses the point, or at least the underlying reason, why countries, states, superstates, political blocs, empires - call them what you will - fail. There are of course exceptions, but the usual cause of failure is badly flawed political systems and leadership, which of course is exactly what is going to do for the Unitted Kingdom.

But we were never 'doomed', we've just made stupid decisions over an extended period of time - nobody's fault but our own 😢

There is nothing more badly flawed than the idea that taking power from Westminster and handing it to Brussels will enhance our democracy. Political power needs to come closer to the individual not further away. Its difficult enough to hold together a population with a shared history, legal system, currency and traditions. It is almost impossibleto do so without.

Edited by ricardo
spelling

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

There is nothing more badly flawed than the idea that taking power from Westminster and handing it to Brussels will enhance our democracy. Political power needs to come closer to the individual not further away. Its difficult enough to hold together a population with a shared history, legal system, currency and traditions. It is almost impossibleto do so without.

So that's a vote for Scottish independence then ?

As to taking power away from Westminster this is from someone who thought the government made the law, not Westminster. Someone who appears to see no wrong in the country's PM being elected by around 70,000 with some of them being children

Odd how thatinterest in Westminster was not so apparent when it's sovereignty had to be fought for through the judiciary. 'Enemies of the people' was the expression if I recall, and similar when West minister fought for the right of it's elected members to be heard.

Where then the political power for those not living close to Westminster as you lot sought to bypass Westminster ? Where now your words as Westminster (Parliament) is being threatened with closure to appease your sort ?

Your words, are little different to others on here - used only when they suit your purpose, and not otherwise.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Let's dissect this.

First quoted sentence lauding the success of UK's universities.

Second quoted sentence moaning about UK universities.

Jools, logical contortionist, selective quoter, naive internet browser, wibbler and all-round entertainer.

Yes, there's always going to be room for improvement and the removal of left-wing doctrine would improve our schools and our universities.

I know it's a favourite lefty trait to break down any given topic into seeing the world and human nature as they would like it to be and not how it actually is, but my approval, not lauding, of UK universities doing better than EU universities, is a counter to both the EU's underperforming universities and Remaniac Project Fear lies -- Over and again you told us EU students would cease using our universities upon leaving the EU -- It's turned out to be another lie and that you should counter rather than dissect sentences to fit your failing narrative.

W⚓

Edited by Jools
Failing

16 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Few would argue with Political power needs to come closer to the individual not further away. The key question is what powers we are talking about and even whether that power is appropriate to be held in Westminster (rather than the Scottish Parliament, Welsh Assembly, local government). Power requires the means to apply it, there are powers that the Brexiteers claim Brexit will return to the Westminster that the UK will never be able to apply. Pooling sovereignity within the EU has made us collectively stronger. Brexit will make the UK weaker, with less control of elements of our laws, borders and money. There is nothing in Brexit that will enhance our democracy

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I'm certainly not suggesting that we 'take power from Westminister and hand it to Brussels' and I'm rather surprised you've responded in those terms as I've never had you down as one of the dumb Brexiteers that swallowed the myth of regaining the sovereignty  we never lost.

I completely agree though that political power needs to come closer to the individual not further away, which is why I believe the UK system is so badly flawed - at every level. We've been through this all before but I'm going to say it again anyway - the majority of citizens in the UK have no effective political power. They are disenfrancised by an undemocratic electoral system which has for decades has resulted in a two party system in which a tiny proportion of voters decide when to switch between the two. We supposedly have a 'union' of four which in practice is totally dominated by one - the other three are supposed to have devolved parliaments to bring power closer to the people but one has no real power, the second has little and has been suspended for the last three years and the third which has some power is simply over-ruled whenever it disagrees with Westminister.

Of course, there should also be political power at a more local level as well but in the UK local government has been totally emasculated and starved of resources by the national government which seems determined to centralise everything it can because the last thing they want is power close to the people.

To return to the EU, they are the only parliament that gives me a vote that is worth the same as my fellow citizens. So what I really want to do is leave the relationship with the EU as it is (broadly!) and take the power away from Westminister and bring it closer to all the people of this country, i.e. turn this country into a modern democracy which has some chance of success in the 21st century.

But no one is ever going to persuade me that increasing the control of the current corrupt, undemocratic and totally inept Westminister establishment is good for me, my family, my friends or the country as a whole.

8 minutes ago, Jools said:

W⚓

odd how it's those I claim to be the same poster are those who consistently use 'potty mouthed' language

Just now, Bill said:

odd how it's those I claim to be the same poster are those who consistently use 'potty mouthed' language

Go f*ck yourself, Billock 😀 I'm winning -- Brexiteers are winning -- We are leaving the EU 👍

15 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Few would argue with Political power needs to come closer to the individual not further away. The key question is what powers we are talking about and even whether that power is appropriate to be held in Westminster (rather than the Scottish Parliament, Welsh Assembly, local government). Power requires the means to apply it, there are powers that the Brexiteers claim Brexit will return to the Westminster that the UK will never be able to apply. Pooling sovereignity within the EU has made us collectively stronger. Brexit will make the UK weaker, with less control of elements of our laws, borders and money. There is nothing in Brexit that will enhance our democracy

Let me break it down for you, SmallFry -- Leaving the EU means MPs and civil servants will have to do a days work 😲😭😀

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

I wouldn't like to think you're paranoid......but if you watch a rugby match and every time there was a scrum, would you think they were talking about you?......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

PEOPLES VOTE CAMPAIGNERS SHOVELLING SH*T

Peoples-Sheep.png?w=540&ssl=1

Since Boris became PM and Brexit by the 31st October has become do or die, the People’s Vote campaign have been looking like lambs going to the slaughter. However today they stepped up their hitherto unsuccessful protests by driving sheep past the Department for Trade to bleat out their woolly message about the supposed dire consequences of a No Deal Brexit. Just more fake ewes.

As the Remainers flocked down Whitehall however, one unlucky volunteer was forced to sheepishly walk behind the protest stunt with a dustpan and bucket clearing up their mess Greta-style. Guido has always said those calling for a second referendum are just wolves in sheep’s clothing…

😀

2 minutes ago, Jools said:

PEOPLES VOTE CAMPAIGNERS SHOVELLING SH*T

Peoples-Sheep.png?w=540&ssl=1

Since Boris became PM and Brexit by the 31st October has become do or die, the People’s Vote campaign have been looking like lambs going to the slaughter. However today they stepped up their hitherto unsuccessful protests by driving sheep past the Department for Trade to bleat out their woolly message about the supposed dire consequences of a No Deal Brexit. Just more fake ewes.

As the Remainers flocked down Whitehall however, one unlucky volunteer was forced to sheepishly walk behind the protest stunt with a dustpan and bucket clearing up their mess Greta-style. Guido has always said those calling for a second referendum are just wolves in sheep’s clothing…

😀

Is there a point buried somewhere in that article? All I can see is that this Remain-protest are conscious not to leave sh*t all over the place?

I bet you're among the pond s(um who let their dogs cr@p everywhere, aren't you?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bill said:

" According to a new report commissioned by the supporters of second poll, more than half of UK farms could go out of business if Britain crashes out of the EU on 31 October. "

I wonder how many of that half include farmers who were gleefully putting up huge Leave signs in their fields before the referendum.

'Britain must accept US food standards such as allowing chlorinated chicken and genetically modified crops as part of any post-Brexit trade deal, the head of America’s powerful farming lobby has said.'

It's hard to keep up with the brexiteer claims that are falling apart by the day. Claims, which are now openly shown to be lies, as in this case where it was going to be the UK being the receipient of the greates deal.... as Trump told the gormless in August 2017.

Where as in reality it turns out what Remainers had long stated. that the UK would have to drop it's food safety standards to the level of filth and danger to health the US is happy with. Once that stuff get's into the UK you can kiss goodbye to UK food exports to the EU.

Would you buy a burger from a vendor where you know some have been shat on ?

Stil it's not as if the US congress will veto any deal that affects the GFA s it ? US congress and the powerful Irish lobby in the US v a few thousand bowler hatted bigots. I know who my money is on.

12 minutes ago, Jools said:

Go f*ck yourself, Billock 😀 I'm winning -- Brexiteers are winning -- We are leaving the EU 👍

Is this one of those Hotels.com adverts?

7 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I wouldn't like to think you're paranoid......but if you watch a rugby match and every time there was a scrum, would you think they were talking about you?......

oh dear, you don't appear too bright... perhaps you are a brexiteer

16 minutes ago, Jools said:

ooh get you !

ps try not to use the same swear words as hand crank, it does rather give away things 😋

🎶Wanted --  dead or alive 🎵  👇

NATIONAL-UNITY-PM-copy.png?w=540&ssl=1

Or should that be --- Least wanted 😀

W⚓s

Posted (edited)

Bill

19 minutes ago,  Jools said: 

Go f*ck yourself, Billock 😀 I'm winning -- Brexiteers are winning -- We are leaving the EU 👍

ooh get you !

ps try not to use the same swear words as hand crank, it does rather give away things 😋

-----------------------------

Looks like game set and match. That F>ck word is always the give away!

Edited by Van wink
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bill said:

oh dear, you don't appear too bright... perhaps you are a brexiteer

Instead of smothering yourself all over this forum with your tiresome ranting an' a ravin.....Why don't you just take up yoga? It will de-stress you and give your body suppleness, strength, flexibility and mind-body awareness......It'll also allow you to be able to kick yourself in your nuts......Here's hoping! 🙂  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Instead of smothering yourself all over this forum with your tiresome ranting an' a ravin.....Why don't you just take up yoga? It will de-stress you and give your body suppleness, strength, flexibility and mind-body awareness......It'll also allow you to be able to kick yourself in your nuts......Here's hoping! 🙂  

says the man upsetting himself by my posts

a good reason to continue some might suggest 😊

though now hand crank has replaced Jools I'm off before he posts any more stuff about jews

............he'll be making a hissing noise before we know it 🤔

1 minute ago, Bill said:

says the man upsetting himself by my posts

a good reason to continue some might suggest 😊

though now hand crank has replaced Jools I'm off before he posts any more stuff about jews

............he'll be making a hissing noise before we know it 🤔

Aaaaaaand relaaaaax.......It seems you're more upset by your reacting to my lighthearted posts.......Keep twisting......hopefully, not your nuts.......