Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Fuzzar

OT - EU straw poll...

1 minute ago, Herman said:

I'm quite calm thanks. Just a bit bored of fraudulence and dishonest posters. 

I think you'll soon have other stuff to worry about.

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

I'm quite calm thanks. Just a bit bored of fraudulence and dishonest posters. 

How am I being fraudulent or dishonest you utter f*ckwit?

Third time of asking: Did Hammond state " For anyone who wants to ensure a clean break with the EU, the WTO is the only honest model" ?

When did he say it, why did he say it and what point are you trying to prove? 

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I think you'll soon have other stuff to worry about.

If this Microsoft update takes any longer a new laptop will be one of them. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Bill said:

Now I wonder who this poster could be talking about ?

'What I would find dishonest would be someone who rejoins under another name and yet carries on with old grudges. '

'It was on your previous van wink account that you admitted to the agenda winky. You just can''t shift that stirring nature can you ?'

'Some pretend to be what they''re not though. And some even reinvent themselves then carry on with old grudges. Thankfully that''s just the odd one or two these days.... '

and further adds what has been a regular comment over the past three years in regard to this subject

'It''s dishonest to quote the part of my post that referred to the topic and leave the part that referred to the posters to make your point. Very dishonest winky... '

Those comments alone sum you up hand crank. Your reason for being on here from 7 in the morning until last knockings are your concern, but your constant lying, swearing at others and making up stuff (that is often libellous)are our concern, those that use this forum and particular this thread.

For someone who claimed

" I know a little bit about WTO as I produced an economic modelling toolkit for the EU during the Uruguay round of the GATT talks, so I have some experience in the subject. WTO long-term objectives are tariff free-trade wherever possible and I'm quite sure they'd be more than happy to administrate an FTA on behalf of a group of European countries. "

and to have been a senior manager with the NHS your posts come across as exceedingly childish, and smack of a primary school playground than ever they do of those claimed occupations

maybe Paston school shares some blame, who knows

but whatever it is, you are still weird in a very disturbing way 😱

why not refute what others have said about you hand crank and stop making an **** of yourself as usual

City will either play Toon on Sat, or not

me pointing out that fact does not invalidate my certainty that the game will, go ahead

the comment about it now being down to no deal or no brexit is merely a comment on how the **** you and other idiots claimed ie there would be a deal, a soft brexit, a Norway nil point, Canada dry a CU Jimma and all manner of similar crap

was now over, off the table

so it is either no deal or no brexit and nothing has changed my mind to make me think it will not be NO BREXIT

and only you have tried to lie that I have said otherwise, odd that when you think how gleefully some might wish to back you

ps this has not been posted thinking you might stop lying, but to demonstrate to others your lying, and your weird need to post such a childish level of comment

Just now, Herman said:

When did he say it, why did he say it and what point are you trying to prove? 

😲

You know what, Hermione -- I can't even be bothered to waste a Jean-Luc Picard facepalm on you.

• Haha 1

More “trouble at mill “ those “easy to win” trade wars apparently aren’t so easy after all .... why would the UK hitch it’s economy to one that is showing new signs of recession, not growth ? 

The Fed’s latest industrial production report last month showed U.S. factory output declined at a 2.2% annualized pace in the second quarter after a 1.9% rate of decline in the previous three months. Within specific industry groups, metals, machinery, textiles, paper and petroleum and coal were among those that experienced outright production downturns during both quarters.

Another gauge of American manufacturing activity fell in July to an almost three-year low, dragged down by slower production and shaky export markets that help explain the Federal Reserve’s decision to reduce interest rates last month.

Just now, Bill said:

why not refute what others have said about you hand crank and stop making an **** of yourself as usual

City will either play Toon on Sat, or not

me pointing out that fact does not invalidate my certainty that the game will, go ahead

the comment about it now being down to no deal or no brexit is merely a comment on how the **** you and other idiots claimed ie there would be a deal, a soft brexit, a Norway nil point, Canada dry a CU Jimma and all manner of similar crap

was now over, off the table

so it is either no deal or no brexit and nothing has changed my mind to make me think it will not be NO BREXIT

and only you have tried to lie that I have said otherwise, odd that when you think how gleefully some might wish to back you

ps this has not been posted thinking you might stop lying, but to demonstrate to others your lying, and your weird need to post such a childish level of comment

Have another drink Billy🥃

16 minutes ago, ricardo said:

In other news

image.png.281f63486079feda276ee6b9f7c596a9.png

He probably thinks that is the Hong Kong border with the United States...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jools said:

Third time of asking: Did Hammond state " For anyone who wants to ensure a clean break with the EU, the WTO is the only honest model" ?

For those used to hand crank misrepresenting quotes here are those words in context... and in full.

"For anyone who wants to ensure a clean break with the EU, the WTO model is the only honest model. WTO rules mean we could sell into the Single Market, but at a price: The EU imposes a ‘common external tariff’ on goods and services from countries outside the EU who don’t have free trade deals agreed.

10% on cars. 30% on confectionary. 36% on dairy produce.

Our exports would cost more and so be less competitive. That will cost British jobs. And if we reciprocated, our imports would cost more too meaning higher prices in our shops.

And that would not be all. Under WTO rules, we couldn’t differentiate between countries. So, for example, if we decided to allow Irish goods to enter the UK tariff-free, we would have to do the same for all 160 countries in the WTO – putting British jobs at risk from foreign competition."

You can read the rest of the speech below and make up your pwn mind whether Hammond's full speech not only shreds the **** the brexiteers have been peddling but also back up exactly what Bill has been saying all along

http://www.ukpol.co.uk/philip-hammond-2016-speech-on-alternatives-to-eu-membership/

brexiteers - they cannot stop lying, can they ?

17 minutes ago, Jools said:

Can I answer? Thanks!

yes he did say that... here is the transcript

"Let’s look for a moment now at the default option – the World Trade Organisation rules, which is where we will end up if we leave without a deal agreed. For anyone who wants to ensure a clean break with the EU, the WTO model is the only honest model. WTO rules mean we could sell into the Single Market, but at a price: The EU imposes a ‘common external tariff’ on goods and services from countries outside the EU who don’t have free trade deals agreed. 
Our exports would cost more and so be less competitive. That will cost British jobs. And if we reciprocated, our imports would cost more too meaning higher prices in our shops. 
And that would not be all. Under WTO rules, we couldn’t differentiate between countries. So, for example, if we decided to allow Irish goods to enter the UK tariff-free, we would have to do the same for all 160 countries in the WTO – putting British jobs at risk from foreign competition. 
Because, as EU members, the common external tariffs protect our industries from undercutting from outside the EU, while allowing us to import from Europe without tariffs pushing up costs. Outside the EU, it would be all or nothing under WTO rules. 
And for our crucial services sector, without a preferential trade agreement, UK businesses would only be guaranteed access under the General Agreement on Trade in Services. This is a much more basic framework, providing much less access to markets. 
So on even a cursory inspection, the WTO model does not deliver for Britain. It would be bad for business; bad for jobs; bad for growth. Bad for Britain. "

https://www.chathamhouse.org/sites/default/files/events/special/2016-03-02-Philip-Hammond_0.pdf

https://www.chathamhouse.org/file/event-speech-what-do-alternatives-eu-membership-look

36 minutes ago, Jools said:

Talking of betting, Boris and the mostly fake Tories are at 8/15 to win the next GE, which of course will disintegrate in a nanosecond if we don't leave the EU on 31st October.

Are you going to have a punt? 😀

Definitely not - those odds sound very unattractive to me but then I'm no expert.

As I said before, Ricardo's your man if you want to know whether they are actually good value or not.

9 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Can I answer? Thanks!

yes he did say that... here is the transcript

"Let’s look for a moment now at the default option – the World Trade Organisation rules, which is where we will end up if we leave without a deal agreed. For anyone who wants to ensure a clean break with the EU, the WTO model is the only honest model. WTO rules mean we could sell into the Single Market, but at a price: The EU imposes a ‘common external tariff’ on goods and services from countries outside the EU who don’t have free trade deals agreed. 
And that would not be all. Under WTO rules, we couldn’t differentiate between countries. So, for example, if we decided to allow Irish goods to enter the UK tariff-free, we would have to do the same for all 160 countries in the WTO – putting British jobs at risk from foreign competition. 
Because, as EU members, the common external tariffs protect our industries from undercutting from outside the EU, while allowing us to import from Europe without tariffs pushing up costs. Outside the EU, it would be all or nothing under WTO rules. 
And for our crucial services sector, without a preferential trade agreement, UK businesses would only be guaranteed access under the General Agreement on Trade in Services. This is a much more basic framework, providing much less access to markets. 
So on even a cursory inspection, the WTO model does not deliver for Britain. It would be bad for business; bad for jobs; bad for growth. Bad for Britain. "

https://www.chathamhouse.org/sites/default/files/events/special/2016-03-02-Philip-Hammond_0.pdf

https://www.chathamhouse.org/file/event-speech-what-do-alternatives-eu-membership-look

So if you don't take selective quotes out of a whole speech you get the real meaning! Who would've thought that! It's amazing!

3 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Definitely not - those odds sound very unattractive to me but then I'm no expert.

As I said before, Ricardo's your man if you want to know whether they are actually good value or not.

In this febrile time best keep your money in your pocket. 😀

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

You need to be very careful, CM. These betting types often talk about a "value bet".  Which sounds like a winning bet. But it doesn't mean that at all. It means the odds give it good value compared with the chances of winning. In other words, you are being advised to bet on a team or horse they think will lose!

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

So if you don't take selective quotes out of a whole speech you get the real meaning! Who would've thought that! It's amazing!

yes, but to be fair to Jools, you can have a bit of fun with selected quotes

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

You need to be very careful, CM. These betting types often talk about a "value bet".  Which sounds like a winning bet. But it doesn't mean that at all. It means the odds give it good value compared with the chances of winning. In other words, you are being advised to bet on a team or horse they think will lose!

👎

Edited by ricardo

14 hours ago, Surfer said:

If that is true the power elites must move in the shadows as everyone in a position of political power in US and UK seem he’ll bent on delivering a hard Brexit despite the chaos that would bring. 

No, the dark monied interests are on board alright, it will be up to the MPs to save us all from this mess.

All the remainers seem so glum. One big plus is that the Russian police seem to have thoroughly dealt with the recent coup attempt.

Young Herman was probably venting his spleen on Twitter at the brutality, completely oblivious to the idea that overthrowing Putin would lead to Brexit.

It seems the globalists were having one last try before the Brexit deadline.

If you'd like to offer me evens on Tories most seats at the next election. I would consider it a value bet.👍

Just now, Herman said:

To be honest I'm just wasting his time. He obviously has no respect for people's intelligence or memories and expects us to believe his collosal moving of the goalposts.

again, being fair to Jools, he didn´t move the goalposts...his life guru, guido, moved them for him

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Len said:

All the remainers seem so glum. One big plus is that the Russian police seem to have thoroughly dealt with the recent coup attempt.

Young Herman was probably venting his spleen on Twitter at the brutality, completely oblivious to the idea that overthrowing Putin would lead to Brexit.

It's fun watching them reconciling their leftist views with a globalist project.

Who'd a thunk it.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:
4 minutes ago, Len said:

It's fun watching them reconciling their leftist views with a globalist project.

Who'd a thunk it.

It just goes to show the power of psychology.

Who would have thought the left would have been urging the government to bomb Libya and Syria? It's like Vietnam and Iraq and the whole anti-war movement never happened.

Who would have thought that Tory MPs would have been talking up Corbyn's chances of becoming PM? "Corbyn will be PM!" "We'll see Corbyn in Number 10!" is a frequent refrain from them in recent months.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Who'd a thunk it.

I don't know why you think we're all leftist.

9 minutes ago, Len said:

It just goes to show the power of psychology.

Who would have thought the left would have been urging the government to bomb Libya and Syria? It's like Vietnam and Iraq and the whole anti-war movement never happened.

Who would have thought that Tory MPs would have been talking up Corbyn's chances of becoming PM? "Corbyn will be PM!" "We'll see Corbyn in Number 10!" is a frequent refrain from them in recent months.

Who would have thought you sound exactly like hand crank

ps what have you done with poor Bagster - the man in France who voted in the referendum, and as a 'builder; drives a Citreon C1 - as seen by a photo hand crank put on here ?

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Who would have thought you sound exactly like hand crank

ps what have you done with poor Bagster - the man in France who voted in the referendum, and as a 'builder; drives a Citreon C1 - as seen by a photo hand crank put on here ?

Alice is back

• Haha 1