Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Fuzzar

OT - EU straw poll...

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

image.png

image.png

image.png

I am readying myself to meet friends in town for a light ale, so in my haste I may be missing something, but why have you posted the same piece 3 times. Is that like shouting in English at foreigners to make sure you get your point across?

Edited by dj11

I think it is Swindon pretending that he knew what he was voting for, even though at the time it was all claimed to be project fear. I could be mistaken though. 

“If Brexit undermines the Good Friday accord, there will be no chance of a US-UK trade agreement passing the Congress. The peace of the Good Friday Agreement is treasured by the American people and will be fiercely defended on a bicameral and bipartisan basis in the United States Congress.”

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/no-chance-of-usuk-trade-deal-if-brexit-threatens-good-friday-agreement-warns-nancy-pelosi-38403975.html

On 22/06/2016 at 12:15, SwindonCanary said:

Of course the EU needs us,more than we need them. That''s why they are backing Cameron, they would lose 1/3rd of there income

" even though at the time it was all claimed to be project fear. I could be mistaken though "

I don't think you are

(unsurprisingly the brexiteers are now unwilling to stand by their nonsense spouted at the time)

ps why not edit out those repeated bits mouse brain and DJ11 ?

Hey @paul moy, @Jools

What Guido doesn't tell you........

• Poland: Grew by 0.8% in Q2, quarter-on-quarter
  • Portugal: Grew by 0.5%
  • Spain: Grew by 0.5%
  • Netherlands: Grew by 0.5%
  • Belgium: Grew by 0.2%
  • France: Grew by 0.2%
  • Italy: Stagnated
  • Sweden: Contracted by 0.1%
  • Germany: Contracted by 0.1%
  • The UK: Contracted by 0.2%
  • The Eurozone: Grew by 0.2%
  • The EU: Grew by 0.2%

Data from Eurostat today,  not three month old from Guido

On 19/06/2016 at 20:45, Van wink said:

Most foreigners are criminals and thieves, Paul, surely you don''t want to deport them all.

even worse for you

some are even homosexual 😲

Posted (edited)
   5 hours ago,  Bill said: 

my my, you are getting rather upset

could it be that deep down you know that Bill has been right all along

and brexit is not going to happen, nor ever was

poor bigots 😖

Oops, we're off again......have a drink Billy, you will see things differently then🤣

""Bill's comment that it is now down to 'no deal' or no brexit".

Poor Old Bill

•  
Edited by Van wink

1 hour ago, dj11 said:

but why have you posted the same piece 3 times. Is that like shouting in English at foreigners to make sure you get your point across?

I don't think simple minded mouse brain* actually understand what he has posted up - which (where highlighted) backs my point made in Aug 2018'

Like the sheep in Animal Farm he simply bleats out whatever is put to him.

"They will give us a good deal .... baa baa..."

"We are leaving on the 29th March .... baa baa"

* I wonder if he is in anyway related to ukips **** Braine...they do share the same bigoted views

3 hours ago, BigFish said:

Add to that the requirements required for extra border & customs staff, new technology, new IT systems, vasts amounts of additional bureaucracy for the government and the equivalent for the private sector.

With nearly full employment we will need to recruit immigrants just to process the extra paperwork 

Yes the significant additional costs of doing daily business (mainly more paperwork) are an under-reported aspect of Brexit. 

This is exactly the kind of wasteful expense that Brexiteers complain about due to regulatory integration with the EU, in fact integration has been a major boon to all companies trading within the Common Market and so these kinds of issues have been forgotten about - now they are coming back. 

The US is such a powerful economy because individual States can trade with a common currency and regulations and the EU has offered the same to the UK, we are crazy to drop that. 

"It's amazing how many things about Brexit are 'Project Fear' right up until the moment they become 'what people voted for'."

Alex Andreou.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

I don't think simple minded mouse brain* actually understand what he has posted up - which (where highlighted) backs my point made in Aug 2018'

Like the sheep in Animal Farm he simply bleats out whatever is put to him.

"They will give us a good deal .... baa baa..."

"We are leaving on the 29th March .... baa baa"

* I wonder if he is in anyway related to ukips **** Braine...they do share the same bigoted views

Jools?

image.png.fb8d0340aeb080f7d55ecfa7955f3591.png

Posted (edited)

Now I wonder who this poster could be talking about ?

'What I would find dishonest would be someone who rejoins under another name and yet carries on with old grudges. '

'It was on your previous van wink account that you admitted to the agenda winky. You just can''t shift that stirring nature can you ?'

'Some pretend to be what they''re not though. And some even reinvent themselves then carry on with old grudges. Thankfully that''s just the odd one or two these days.... '

and further adds what has been a regular comment over the past three years in regard to this subject

'It''s dishonest to quote the part of my post that referred to the topic and leave the part that referred to the posters to make your point. Very dishonest winky... '

Those comments alone sum you up hand crank. Your reason for being on here from 7 in the morning until last knockings are your concern, but your constant lying, swearing at others and making up stuff (that is often libellous)are our concern, those that use this forum and particular this thread.

For someone who claimed

" I know a little bit about WTO as I produced an economic modelling toolkit for the EU during the Uruguay round of the GATT talks, so I have some experience in the subject. WTO long-term objectives are tariff free-trade wherever possible and I'm quite sure they'd be more than happy to administrate an FTA on behalf of a group of European countries. "

and to have been a senior manager with the NHS your posts come across as exceedingly childish, and smack of a primary school playground than ever they do of those claimed occupations

maybe Paston school shares some blame, who knows

but whatever it is, you are still weird in a very disturbing way 😱

Edited by Bill

I think your paranoia is getting worse Bill, but maybe thats just what they want you to think😉

6 hours ago,  Bill said: 
   5 hours ago,  Bill said: 

my my, you are getting rather upset

could it be that deep down you know that Bill has been right all along

and brexit is not going to happen, nor ever was

poor bigots 😖

Oops, we're off again......have a drink Billy, you will see things differently then🤣

""Bill's comment that it is now down to 'no deal' or no brexit".

Any updates btw?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BigFish said:

Hey @paul moy, @Jools

What Guido doesn't tell you........

• Poland: Grew by 0.8% in Q2, quarter-on-quarter
  • Portugal: Grew by 0.5%
  • Spain: Grew by 0.5%
  • Netherlands: Grew by 0.5%
  • Belgium: Grew by 0.2%
  • France: Grew by 0.2%
  • Italy: Stagnated
  • Sweden: Contracted by 0.1%
  • Germany: Contracted by 0.1%
  • The UK: Contracted by 0.2%
  • The Eurozone: Grew by 0.2%
  • The EU: Grew by 0.2%

Data from Eurostat today,  not three month old from Guido

Good God do actually think before posting?

Tens of billions of British taxpayers money is being funneled by an unelected EU commission into funding the majority of EU member countries by way of funds -- In other words, take our contribution out of that table and how do you think those countries would be faring?

The following is an example of how the EU transfers UK wealth to other countries by stealth:

This morning millions of British people will be travelling to work on highly-congested, pothole-riven roads or in overcrowded train carriages or buses. It is widely recognised that significant expenditure is needed to upgrade the UK’s transport network to something worthy of the fifth-largest economy in the world.

Some EU countries have been getting this investment for free for years, courtesy of the British taxpayer. Here we give just one small example, from Poland. We chose Poland because it is by far the largest recipient of money from the EU’s €63 billion (£57 billion) ‘Cohesion Fund’.

As we pointed out in our article yesterday:

Brexit Facts4EU.Org Summary

The UK pays into this massive EU fund, but receives precisely nothing from it. Not one single euro.

By contrast, Poland is receiving €23.2 billion euros from the fund.

That’s an astonishing 37% of the total.

cohesion_fund_2019_1.jpg

Case study : 2018-2022, Łódź, Poland – €0.6bn “to get across town faster”

Łódź has a population of just 685,000, making it smaller than Nottingham

The EU is spending UK money building an underground system there

In August last year the EU Commission approved €0.41 billion euros (£0.37 billion pounds) of expenditure for some railway improvements in the city of Łódź, Poland. This comes on top of €0.24 billion euros already spent, bringing the total to €0.65 billion euros (nearly £0.6 billion pounds).

Here is the EU’s statement:

“Łódź has two main stations: Łódź Fabryczna and Łódź Kaliska, which are currently not connected to each other. This is a major obstacle to the region’s transport development and an everyday inconvenience for those living in the city.

“In Łódź, the Cohesion Fund is financing the construction of an underground line between the two stations, and to Łódź Żabieniec station in the west of the city. The project also includes the construction of two stations, Łódź Zielona and Łódź Ogrodowa.”

- EU Regional & Urban Development Directorate, 28 Aug 2018

In summary, the EU is financing a new underground system for Poland’s third city, Łódź.

What the EU Commissioner said

Here is what the responsible EU Commissioner says about the EU’s funding for the Lodz railway connection:-

“Soon, those living in the city will be able to get across town faster and will benefit from better interregional connections, with an effective and environmentally friendly transport system.”

- EU Commissioner for Regional Policy, Ms Corina Crețu from Bulgaria, 28 Aug 2018

Observations

The EU’s ‘Cohesion Fund’ should be renamed. In effect it is an ‘EU Wealth Transfer Fund’ – and a significant part of the wealth being transferred comes from the UK.

In our headline we referred to transferring wealth by stealth. We are not for one moment suggesting that this fund is any way hidden by the EU. We are, however, suggesting that the British people are simply unaware of what is really going on.

The news is full of Boris announcing all manner of new initiatives, including the financing of a new Leeds-Manchester train route. The money for this will have to be borrowed, of course.

Meanwhile in Brussels, unelected bureaucrats have spent years allocating vast sums of UK taxpayer money to 15 member states which benefit from the ‘Cohesion Fund’ – and thereby financing the construction of modern rail and road links.

Crucially, the EU is expecting the UK to pay £39 billion on exit. (And we expect this figure to soar if it were ever agreed to.) Part of this money will be used by the EU to continue funding Poland’s transport improvements for many years after the UK has left the EU.

We most certainly do not blame the Polish people for this state of affairs. Their government has quite understandably sought to extract as much money from the EU Commission as possible. The heart of this lies in the EU’s surreptitious expansionism into a becoming a superstate.

In order to achieve this they have devised clever ways of transferring wealth from richer member states such as the UK to poorer member states such as Poland, and badging this as “EU money”. No wonder there isn’t a majority in Poland for leaving the EU.

It is by manipulation of facts that the EU is able to present itself as a force for good. Imagine if the new underground system in the Polish city of Łódź had plaques saying:

“Built with the kind financial support of the people of the United Kingdom”? 🤨

And wouldn't it be great if the likes of Poland & Portugal actually contributed:

f52bae7b36a2b3bef740854dd2f977d7b271bdd6

Edited by Jools
SmallFry -- if wit was sh*t he'd be constipated

Philip Hammond’s failing attempts to rewrite history have run up against the inconvenient fact that there is a wealth of video evidence out there disproving his central claim that voters weren’t told before the referendum that voting to Leave could mean leaving without a deal. In fact they got stark warnings from a wide range of the most senior Remain politicians including himself. This latest clip, at Chatham House in March 2016, is the icing on the cake:

Let’s look for a moment now at the default option – the World Trade Organization rules, which is where we will end up if we leave the EU without a deal agreed.

For anyone who wants to ensure a clean break with the EU, the WTO is the only honest model.

What was that Hammond was saying about a “travesty of the truth”…? 🤔😀

Any decent journalist would be playing/quoting this back to him in response to his current stance -- I think I may have spotted the problem in my first line though 🤥 😀

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Herman said:

Let me guess, guido??

It doesn't matter who is providing the information -- If you think the information is wrong, state why.

That's how discussions work.

Over to you...

Okay, Hermione, allow me to prompt proceedings with a question: Did Hammond state " For anyone who wants to ensure a clean break with the EU, the WTO is the only honest model" ?

Edited by Jools
Herman -- Sh*t for brains

Posted (edited)

shiza.jpg?w=540&ssl=1

This morning saw the publication of dire statistics for the German economy, which contracted this quarter with many voices now predicting that the struggling country is likely on course for recession. Now it’s not just the German Chancellor that’s looking shaky…

Unlike the UK’s contraction this quarter, the German one is based on much less sound fundamentals.  Overall year on year, the German economy’s growth rate is just 0.4% compared to the UK’s 1.2%. The Chief Business Editor of respected German broadsheet Welt has said that Germany has become “the sick man of Europe”.

GDP has now fallen in two of the last four quarters in both Germany and Italy. The last thing European countries want right now is a disorderly No Deal exit for Britain from the EU…

Come on SmallFry, don't be shy --- Take the UK's contribution out of the following chart and do the arithmetic:

f52bae7b36a2b3bef740854dd2f977d7b271bdd6

Edited by Jools

1 hour ago, Herman said:

"It's amazing how many things about Brexit are 'Project Fear' right up until the moment they become 'what people voted for'."

Alex Andreou.

Repeat for Jools. 

Who are you trying to fool? Us or yourself. For your own health, hopefully the former. 

5 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I think you've proved my point about your stupidity (yet again) - if you had made that bet you would have lost, which is no real surprise since you've demonstrated many times on here that you're a very poor judge of character, and pretty much everything else besides.

With your brains, you'd be well advised not to go anywhere near a bookies or at the very least consult Ricardo for some rational advice beforehand.

Talking of betting, Boris and the mostly fake Tories are at 8/15 to win the next GE, which of course will disintegrate in a nanosecond if we don't leave the EU on 31st October.

Are you going to have a punt? 😀

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Repeat for Jools. 

Who are you trying to fool? Us or yourself. For your own health, hopefully the former. 

I'm not trying to fool anybody -- Answer the question -- Did Hammond state " For anyone who wants to ensure a clean break with the EU, the WTO is the only honest model" ?

A simple yay or nay will suffice.

Edited by Jools
Who the f*ck is Alex Andreou?

You seem to be getting more and more animated Herman, chill.

Can't see you making it to Brexit day at this rate.

meditation is the answer.

Oh! and buy some gold

and tins of beans.

Posted (edited)

Well according to that chart, the Germans, with  the biggest GDP, are paying the biggest net contribution, and the UK with a smaller GDP, pay a smaller net contribution. That makes perfect sense. Poland being a much poorer country, will benefit the most. 

The fact the UK government underinvests in road repairs and railway infrastructure is not the fault of the EU, that is squarely the fault of the UK government. Similar for Belgium and Holland, roads in Belgium are terrible, those in Holland are great - not an EU problem, but an expression of the priorities of the respective national governments.  

Edited by Surfer

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Yes, animated like Miss Prissy Foghorn Leghorn:

😀

11 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Can't see you making it to Brexit day at this rate.

meditation is the answer.

Oh! and buy some gold

and tins of beans.

I'm quite calm thanks. Just a bit bored of fraudulence and dishonest posters.