Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Fuzzar

OT - EU straw poll...

21 minutes ago, Bill said:

my my, you are getting rather upset

could it be that deep down you know that Bill has been right all along

and brexit is not going to happen, nor ever was

poor bigots 😖

Oops, we're off again......have a drink Billy, you will see things differently then🤣

""Bill's comment that it is now down to 'no deal' or no brexit".

3 minutes ago, TCCANARY said:

No he's had two convictions for drink driving and two other alcohol related convictions.

Who's Guido then?.......

2 minutes ago, TCCANARY said:

No he's had two convictions for drink driving and two other alcohol related convictions.

And?... 🤔

😀

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Who's Guido then?.......

.....and does he now have to travel on the tube where it's illegal to drink in public on?......

LOLABOUR-COMPONENTS-2.gif

Discipline is increasingly breaking down in the senior ranks of the Labour Party politburo, this morning previously loyal Comrade Angela Rayner shamelessly defied her party leadership not once but twice live on state television. Counter-revolutionary treachery…

First Rayner contradicted John McDonnell’s incendiary comments on a second Scottish Independence referendum, then – even worse – she sided with Enemy of the People #2 Tom Watson’s calls for Labour to work together with Enemy of the People #3 Jo Swinson to block no deal. Next she’ll be saying she likes Tony Blair… 🤣

Only Steptoe could appoint a shadow sec of education who didn't even finish high school 🙃

Ideal Remain fodder I guess 😀

284550d333335869c15c06239dbfeea1c8b3583a

26 minutes ago, TCCANARY said:

Hangin's too good for 'im

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jools said:

😀99ad40dc18db9011407ef59fb05cb09eb5c01849

Yeah, outright whopper lies can go straight from his mouth to their ears. There is a reason why the press is protected as the fourth estate. It is their role to challenge government propaganda and to hold the powerful to account. 

38 minutes ago, Jools said:

LOLABOUR-COMPONENTS-2.gif

Discipline is increasingly breaking down in the senior ranks of the Labour Party politburo, this morning previously loyal Comrade Angela Rayner shamelessly defied her party leadership not once but twice live on state television. Counter-revolutionary treachery…

First Rayner contradicted John McDonnell’s incendiary comments on a second Scottish Independence referendum, then – even worse – she sided with Enemy of the People #2 Tom Watson’s calls for Labour to work together with Enemy of the People #3 Jo Swinson to block no deal. Next she’ll be saying she likes Tony Blair… 🤣

Only Steptoe could appoint a shadow sec of education who didn't even finish high school 🙃

Ideal Remain fodder I guess 😀

Another elitist Brexiteer. I wonder what Jools accent is like?

5 hours ago, Surfer said:

“ The EU is NOT FREE TRADE as it costs us well over 10 Billion a year to belong to a CUSTOMS UNION which actually puts tariffs on goods coming in from outside of the EU and subsidises inefficient industries within the EU.  The effect of us exiting the EU will actually mean that goods from the Commonwealth, Africa etc, outside of the EU will be cheaper.  We may well get a far better deal after negotiations with EU than we get now as well, so that is a double win. “ 

Well Paul, it is free trade once you have paid the membership fee to be a member of the club, & even if it is 10 Billion a year that’s a good deal. 

As you say we are tariff free for trade to and from the EU right now, but with a no-deal Brexit we won’t be. Any exports to the EU will become more expensive for EU customers due to the tariffs that will automatically apply to them. 

Of course as a business you could drop your prices or as a county you could devalue your currency by an equivalent amount so the price in Euros stayed the same, but that would also lower profits - and lead to pressure to cut wage costs- or raise the price of all of your imports which would lead to significant inflation. 

Or of course we could just state we are a zero tariff county and hope the EU responds in kind, but then we would be losing any protection for sectors like farming - 

- good choices eh?  

There is a reason why we went into the Common Market, and why we built an Empire and it’s these kind of wealth and protection ideas, nobody has ever survived on true “free trade” it’s always been imposed on them by somebody more powerful - historically that was often us, but we are no longer “ the big dog” 

Good points Surfer, but it is worth noting that currency devaluation will negate the impact on UK exports but it will push up inport prices, raise infaltion and make us all poorer.

What @paul moy doesn't appreciate is £10 billion (or as the Telegraph has it nearer £6billion once everthing is netted off) is an absolute bargan for access to the single market. We only have to look at the £billions that BoJo the clown is haemorrhaging on no-deal preparations. Add to that the requirements required for extra border & customs staff, new technology, new IT systems, vasts amounts of additional bureaucracy for the government and the equivalent for the private sector.

With nearly full employment we will need to recruit immigrants just to process the extra paperwork 

14 minutes ago, TCCANARY said:

Another elitist Brexiteer. I wonder what Jools accent is like?

He has been filmed for Anglia News :

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jools said:

And?...

Why is Guido owned by a secretive company that operates out of a offshore tax haven @Jools?

1 hour ago, Jools said:

One thing them there, Brexiteers such as @Jools  like less than a foreigner is a woman who refuses to know her place 

2 hours ago, Jools said:

Seriously stupid is the gullible type of person who willingly throws money at people like the freeloader, Marcus J. Ball for fighting a lost cause.

He's a local, unfortunately, so how many of you naive drips on here donated to him?

I'd wager you did 😀

I think you've proved my point about your stupidity (yet again) - if you had made that bet you would have lost, which is no real surprise since you've demonstrated many times on here that you're a very poor judge of character, and pretty much everything else besides.

With your brains, you'd be well advised not to go anywhere near a bookies or at the very least consult Ricardo for some rational advice beforehand.

2 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

With your brains, you'd be well advised not to go anywhere near a bookies or at the very least consult Ricardo for some rational advice beforehand.

Sound advice👍

5 hours ago, Bill said:

Dear me, can it get any more bloody obvious - from a letter by MPs to Doris

" “We are alarmed by the ‘red lines’ you have drawn which, on the face of it, appear to eliminate the chance of reaching agreement with the EU”. "

The same tactic as May. Claim to be wanting to leave the EU but set demands that you know cannot be met.

Doris can now tell the bigots that he was full on for leaving, even without a deal, but those naughty MP's thwarted his plans. So there is no need to vote for that nasty Mr Farage as Doris will take the UK out of the EU

But you all vote for him/Tories alone so he will have enough MPs to do the job

ps those wanting a more complicated plot can find one in any Noddy book.

WE really don't want or need a bad deal.   A good deal will be negotiated once we have left, and the EU have never offered a deal until we have left anyway. The WA is not a deal but a TREATY and only sets out guidelines to a future deal after Brexit so it is useless and certainly not worth paying 39 Billion pounds for.

The shenanigans of Bercow and remoaners mean that the EU will not compromise before Halloween as it is wrongly IMO still sure that our treacherous MPs will stop No Deal as they are still threatening to do.  That is actually a good thing as it perversely increases the chance of No Deal, which leavers are happier with rather than a bad WA TREATY.

Roll on Brexit !!!!    :0))

26 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Let me explain this to you @SwindonCanary because you seem to have got the wrong end of the stick. He was telling the Brexiteers to stop lying about FTAs, deals etc. He WASN'T saying he thought this was a good idea.

It is a very bad idea 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

It just shows that the EU are probably filling his pockets !!!  

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Let me explain this to you @SwindonCanary because you seem to have got the wrong end of the stick. He was telling the Brexiteers to stop lying about FTAs, deals etc. He WASN'T saying he thought this was a good idea.

It is a very bad idea 

He was advising us that  'it was the only honest model'.   That's good enough for me.... No Deal and WTO it is !!!!!!

Edited by paul moy

9 minutes ago, paul moy said:

He was advising us that  'it was the only honest model'.   That's good enough for me.... No Deal and WTO it is !!!!!!

Only relating to No Deal......honest and stupid

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

It was warning from Hammond back in 2016 what would happen if we left without a deal.

Agreed, and your point is?