Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Fuzzar

OT - EU straw poll...

54 minutes ago, Jools said:

Questionable sources?

Give me proof of anything I've posted from Guido that wasn't fact-based.

Do you want to buy a bridge, you cute little thing? 

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

The woke media are also misquoting Sir Nigel of Farage with regard to HM The Queen Mother -- He was actually saying that despite too many carbs and too much alcohol she lived to be 102 and he was hoping her daughter would be just as long-lived as he didn't relish Big Ears taking over any time soon.

Sky - Getting as rabid as the BBC --- They no longer care about impartiality.

So a chap who is an MEP is swanning around the Antipodes, thinking he can show off about how brilliant he is and run down certain members of the Royal Family, one who is set to become King, and maybe in Jools imagination, be summoning Farage to the Palace to form a Government.

Why isn't he where he should be, formulating policy, raising funds, filling in membership cards or is he just on another paid for jolly that is all he really cares about.

With whats going on in Hong Kong, why does anyone seriously give a fcuk about this purile tosh.

There are two sides to most stories, pretty obvious really but maybe worth remembering.

20 minutes ago, ricardo said:

With whats going on in Hong Kong, why does anyone seriously give a fcuk about this purile tosh.

Those patriots and fighters against totalitarian rule could teach British Remainiacs a thing or two about democracy, freedom and sovereignty that's for sure.

Posted (edited)

FFS, you really are an absolute cretin. What do you think the far right nutters are trying to do to this country?

Edited by Herman

Posted (edited)
This is why Billy BS, yet again, is so deluded.

FT

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-pro
Caroline Lucas, former Green party leader, is among the Remainers © Charlie Bibby/FT

2 hours ago

I do not know how much time Boris Johnsonand his revolutionary guard spend studying the words of their Remainer opponents, but a perusal of recent utterances must have been a heartening experience.

Downing Street may be playing up its new ferocity for effect but one cannot doubt the seriousness of intent. The country is now run by people utterly focused on delivering Brexitand resolute in their readiness for that departure to take place without a deal.

One has only to look at the discussions taking place daily in Michael Gove’s operations committee to see this is more than mere brinkmanship. Here ministers confront whether to subsidise otherwise healthy businesses threatened by Brexit and even the use of cargo planes for food and medicine. You might think plans to recreate the Berlin airlift would give ministers pause to reflect on their strategy: after all, a plan to set oneself alight does not stop being a bad idea because you’ve bought a fire blanket. But Mr Johnson’s team is imbued with the Goldwater spirit: moderation in defence of Brexit is no virtue.

Contrast this with their opponents. The ranks of Remainers and soft-Brexiters have shown division, competing priorities and, at times, frivolousness. How else to view the call from Caroline Lucas, former Green party leader, for an all-female cabinet to block no deal? Are Remainers not divided enough already without introducing a gender test? It is no disrespect to the women mentioned to say that this is simply not serious politics. Ms Lucas’s defence is that she hopes to cut through party rigidities which are failing to deliver. Perhaps. But will this really loosen party ties where Brexit has not? There have, of course, been plenty of all-male cabinets but such arguments miss the altered dynamics of the struggle. Brexit is the most important issue to the new powers in Downing Street. No constitutional nicety or parliamentary convention will be allowed to stand in their way. Those wishing to block them will need to be every bit as ruthless.

Resistance, as a report from the Institute for Governmentmakes clear, is already extremely difficult. It will be well-nigh impossible if opponents of no deal cannot put aside partisan differences, be they over sexism in politics, Scottish independence or the fears of or hopes for a Corbynite government. 

Thus far Mr Johnson and his Bismarck-worshipping enforcer Dominic Cummingsmust be buoyed by what they have seen. In the week since Mr Cummings asserted that it was now too late for MPs to stop a no-deal Brexit, they have united only to validate his opinion. The cleanest threat to Mr Johnson is for MPs to defeat him in a confidence vote and then unite around a temporary administration that requests a Brexit extension and calls an election. 

Alas for the anti no-dealers, even were victory in that motion assured, which it isn’t, unless a viable alternative is immediately on offer, Mr Johnson can try to delay an election until after Brexit. But the Liberal Democrats have said they could not support an administration led by Jeremy Corbyn, the Labour leader. He and his allies have made clear they could not support any other. Both stances are understandable but they show parties prioritising other concerns over preventing no deal.

An alternative is for MPs to seize control of the parliamentary agenda to legislate against no deal, as they did under Theresa May. This will again require overturning Commons standing orders, including SO48 which reserves for the government the right to bring forward legislation with revenue implications. Brexiters assume the Speaker will assist their opponents in facilitating this. The one benefit of this for Mr Johnson is that Tory rebels will not bring him down as long as they see another path, all of which uses up time they do not have.

MPs have shown they can unite to block no deal but even then, if Mr Johnson refuses to comply, it is not clear the EU would be able to extend Article 50 on the basis of a parliamentary vote, rather than a request from the government.

All of which takes MPs back to the inescapable point that the best way to stop Mr Johnson is to bring him down without delay. But this requires more Tories than are currently ready to rebel.

Even if an election can be won in time, however, Remainers are hobbled by disunity and Labour equivocation — a Lib Dem/Plaid Cymru/Green pact will not suffice — while Leavers are likely to unite around the Tories as the Brexit party threat erodes. But that is a problem for another day.

Pace Mr Cummings, the parliamentary fight is not yet over. But with Mr Johnson’s team ready to do “whatever it takes”, opponents have to be just as single-minded. Until they show they are, you should bet on the Brexiters.

Edited by Van wink

58 minutes ago, Jools said:

As with SmallFry, I'll say it again --- Give me proof of anything I've posted from Guido that wasn't fact-based.

Ah, but there are many ways to lie, to deceive and to mislead @Jools as Guido knows.

Only last week Guido deliberately posted a article based on 3 month old figures saying the UK economy was the fastest growing major economy in the EU. You dutifully posted that on here. The intention was clearly to mislead, even though it was fact based. Why? Because everyone who knew anything about economics knew the UK economy had tanked in quarter 2. Only a fool would think things were going well.

Sure enough only days later the official up to date figures were released showing that instead of "the fastest growing" economy, the UK's economy was actually SHRINKING.

Clearly the intent was to deceive the gullible.

So what are you - a liar, a deceiver or just gullible?

@J

ools

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Ah, but there are many ways to lie, to deceive and to mislead @Jools as Guido knows.

Only last week Guido deliberately posted a article based on 3 month old figures saying the UK economy was the fastest growing major economy in the EU. You dutifully posted that on here. The intention was clearly to mislead, even though it was fact based. Why? Because everyone who knew anything about economics knew the UK economy had tanked in quarter 2. Only a fool would think things were going well.

Sure enough only days later the official up to date figures were released showing that instead of "the fastest growing" economy, the UK's economy was actually SHRINKING.

@J

ools

I'm not here to speak for Jools, certainly wouldn't want to promote the bizare notion that I am he, I'm sure he wouldnt want to imply that he is I , but as I said earlier, there are two sides to most stories, we are a divided country, the media is divided, standards have dropped below the norm....on both sides Im afraid.

Edited by Van wink

6 minutes ago, BigFish said:

@J

ools

No need to rely on Guido or any other news outlet when the facts are published here.

https://tradingeconomics.com/european-union/gdp-growth

• Like 1

On 11/08/2019 at 01:30,  Rock The Boat said: 

Today we remember the Accidental Brexiteers. Thanks for stunning incompetence goes to:

1. David Cameron for calling a referendum and then losing it to leave. 

2. Cameron, Osborne, Lagarde, Carney and Obama for Project Fear, winning people over to the brexit cause.

3. The EU for giving nothing to Cameron alienating enough people to get brexit over the line.

4. Gina Millar for forcing art 50 into law and requiring meaningful votes on the WA that now makes it impossible for the HOC to prevent brexit without a new deal.

5. May for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in GE 2017 and thus unable to push through Brino. 

6. The EU for the backstop without which the WA would have passed the HOC.

7. Blair and Major for reinforcing and sustaining support for leave. 

8. Nick Clegg for the Fixed Term Parliament Act that prevents a majority in the HOC bringing the government down in time. 

9. Ollie Robbins for demonstrating to voters that our Civil Service is a branch office of the EU. 

I would recommend these fine people for a knighthood or two were it not for the fact they've been trying to wangle one for years already.

VW

I think you missed out the Remainer and ERG MP’s who walked through the lobby together to defeat the WA 3 times, and of course the Billy BS types who have been a godsend to the Brexit campaign.

"Have Britain’s Remainers Blown Their Last Chance?

Parliament had various chances to leave the EU with a deal under Theresa May. With Boris Johnson now PM, it may regret the missed opportunities.'

If parliament is unable to stop the no-deal train, an election just after Brexit happens (but before the real pain of new trade frictions sets in) would enable Johnson to blame the EU for any havoc, claim he alone was able to deliver on the people’s wish and argue he should now be given a mandate to focus on crystallizing the promised opportunities of Brexit, including his big-spending pledges. Johnson will like his chances: The remain-supporting Liberal Democrats will be on the back foot since it's not clear what the party wants apart from staying in the EU, the Brexit Party will be left without a raison d’etre and Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour Party will share all the blame but none of the credit. 

Will history later show that Remainers and those who wanted a deal blew their last chances to stop a no-deal Brexit while May was still in office? Lawmakers have a lot to think about during their summer recess.

Brexiteers have told me that I am lying and that it is nonsense that there is problem for UK people working in the EU in a no Deal brexit.  If the brexiteers is correct then could the.brexiteers provides the rules, processes and procedures for a UK citizen of a non EU country to work in the EU post no deal brexit. People need to know now to make their work plans so I’m sure as they know best the brexiteers can provide details or is it the brexiteers lying and talking nonsense. 

46 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I'm not here to speak for Jools, certainly wouldn't want to promote the bizare notion that I am he, I'm sure he wouldnt want to imply that he is I , but as I said earlier, there are two sides to most stories, we are a divided country, the media is divided, standards have dropped below the norm....on both sides Im afraid.

That's Trumpian "good people, on both sides" type of rhetoric. There are far too many media outlets willingly misleading the general public and they all seem to be pushed by the right wing and the people who sold brexit to the masses. The standards have dropped, but already starting from a very low level.

10 hours ago, Bill said:

oh dear

not all goods passing through Calais are for or from France

with the UK abandoning food safety regulations the French and the rest of the EU may not want their food consumption or production soiled by the type of shy te you brexiteers will happily eat

in reply you bleated

"you rarely write a single sentence that holds up to the slightest scrutiny " Jools

do explain where you disagree, if only to demonstrate you were not lying..... yet again

1 hour ago, T said:

Brexiteers have told me that I am lying and that it is nonsense that there is problem for UK people working in the EU in a no Deal brexit.  If the brexiteers is correct then could the.brexiteers provides the rules, processes and procedures for a UK citizen of a non EU country to work in the EU post no deal brexit. People need to know now to make their work plans so I’m sure as they know best the brexiteers can provide details or is it the brexiteers lying and talking nonsense. 

don't let hand crank read this - from 8th August 2019

'Protecting the rights of UK nationals in the EU is an absolute priority for this government, but the UK cannot protect the rights of UK nationals unilaterally. The government welcomes those commitments already given by all Member States to protecting UK nationals if there is no deal. We continue to encourage Member States to provide the same reassurances to UK Nationals in the EU that we have provided to EU citizens in the UK. We are urging Member States to communicate their detailed plans to UK Nationals as soon as possible.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/advice-for-british-nationals-travelling-and-living-in-europe#uk-nationals-in-the-eu-after-brexit

So as expected hand crank was yet again spouting more misinformed shy.te

As the advice as it stands, is nothing has been confirmed........yet here we have brexiteers once again lying to assure others that the mess they caused is not really a mess - as there are always two sides to the story 😜

Which in this case are either the government's advice based on what is known.........or hand crank's clueless nonsense

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

True @Van wink, although @Jools did ask the question of when Guido may have misled so I gave him one from only last week. Guido have a modus oparandi to take something that is true and twisting it to make an argument that isn't, although they are not alone with that. All we can do is ensure that we are armed with the truth, the skills to apply it and then call out this kind of behaviour. Then Guido isn't aimed at me, it is aimed at those who don't know the truth, don't have the skills and want to be told what the answer is.    

thanks for re-affirming my long held believe that you brexiteers really despise democracy, as you would appear to support the idea that blocking the lawful democratic process of this country is acceptable

so much for the 'sovereignty of Parliament'

well yet again my little brexit bigot you are going to be disappointed because democracy will be upheld, as will the sovereignty of Parliament and no matter what those 878* opponents of democracy would like........it ain't going to happen

and I can only imagine the howls of outrage from you bigots if it was Corbyn proposing to usurp the country's lawful democratic process, or allowed children as young as 15 to elect him 🤔

* the actual number who voted in favour of closing down the UK's elected legislative

On 11/08/2019 at 18:19, PurpleCanary said:
On 11/08/2019 at 18:00, Rock The Boat said:

I think you will find that the Queen has a cunning plan to head them off at the pass, according to the Telegraph:

"Buckingham Palace is in talks with Downing Street about how to keep the Queen out of the looming constitutional crisis over Brexit, The Telegraph can disclose.

Sir Mark Sedwill, the Government’s most senior civil servant, and Edward Young, the Queen’s private secretary, spoke in the past few days on the phone about 
the increasing calls for Her Majesty to step in.

The conversation was prompted by growing speculation that politicians will try to force the Queen to get involved if Boris Johnson, the Prime Minister, loses a no-confidence vote early next month.

During their telephone call, Sir Mark, the Cabinet Secretary, and Mr Young, the Queen’s private secretary, agreed to maintain a “watching brief” on the situation, according to one source.

Another source with knowledge of the talks said that the next stage would be for Sir Mark formally to write to the party leaders, as well as senior MPs who chair select committees, warning them to keep the Queen out of Brexit.

The source said: “If it looks like something could happen he [Sir Mark] will send letters to parties and letters to certain MPs like chairs of committees.”

Sir Mark could also send letters to MPs such as former Labour Cabinet ministers Yvette Cooper and Hilary Benn, who are tipped to lead a government of national unity."

The cabinet secretary can write what he likes, but ultimately the Queen may have to get involved, because it is she who appoints the prime minister, on the basis that whoever it is commands an outright  majority or has majority support in the Commons. In my scenario, not only has Johnson lost a no-confidence vote but Beckett, or whoever, has then won a confidence vote, and has a plan to break the Brexit impasse.

Sedwill may warn politicians not to try NOW to get the Queen involved, to get her to swing affairs one way or the other, and that is fine. But later on she may not be able to avoid it. The UK is, after all, not strictly speaking a parliamentary democracy but a constitutional monarchy. This from the BBC website:

If an alternative government is ready to take over, the existing prime minister would be expected to resign. However, there is nothing clearly stated in law that says the prime minister must do so.

But failure to resign in such circumstances would risk bringing the Queen into the heart of the Brexit dispute. Ultimately, it is the Queen that appoints prime ministers and in theory the monarch can dismiss a prime minister who behaves unconstitutionally.

But such a situation is very unlikely, according to Maddy Thimont-Jack, at the Institute for Government think tank.

"If there is clearly someone else who could form a majority or has majority support in Parliament, the political pressure would be such that the prime minister would be obliged to resign. It's an extremely important and established political convention," she says.

You're both overlooking the obvious. As with John Bercow, the globalists have the Queen well and truly in their pocket.

Her Majesty will appoint a new PM if Boris refuses to budge from no 10 after losing a confidence vote. If Boris recommends a GE in November, she'll insist upon one before October 31st. If she doesn't intervene, then Prince Andrew might become the first royal to have their name put on the **** offenders register!

Meanwhile - whenever that FTA occurs with the US - our existing farming and food processing sectors are going to be in the crosshairs....the US has to do something about this....

“ U.S. farmers lost their fourth largest export market last week after China officially cancelled ALL purchases of U.S. agricultural products, a retaliatory move following Donald Trump’s pledge to slap 10% tariffs on $300 billion of Chinese imports.” 

Of course I’m sure that they will find some Churchillian themed nonsense like “ US once again the arsenal and granary of democracy” to explain a sudden surge in all the agricultural products that were being shipped to China.

Why import any bacon from Denmark if we can get it from our friends in South Carolina, or Milk from Holland if we can get it from California. Or electricity from France if we can get LNG  from Texas to generate our own? 

Its all so simple - why are we not on this already,  it seems right now we have all the leverage over the US to extract good pricing and trading terms and after Brexit the shoe is on the other foot...

7 hours ago, Len said:

You're both overlooking the obvious. As with John Bercow, the globalists have the Queen well and truly in their pocket.

Her Majesty will appoint a new PM if Boris refuses to budge from no 10 after losing a confidence vote. If Boris recommends a GE in November, she'll insist upon one before October 31st. If she doesn't intervene, then Prince Andrew might become the first royal to have their name put on the **** offenders register!

Welcome back Len.

I hear Epstein was playing poker with Timothy McVeigh, Jack Ruby and Oswald last night.😉

9 hours ago, Len said:

You've been sequestered in THAT room🕵️‍♂️ at Area 51🛸 again, haven't you, Len.

23 minutes ago, Herman said:

The return of Len and the Globalists for one last tour?! 

if Len, then can our own Pierre Laval (Bagster) be far behind

meanwhile Fart rage continues to rage, as he claims Prince William needs to live forever to sop Harry from becoming king. A claim that somewhat over looks how succession works.

Elsewhere we have another brexit loony talking about the British bulldog spirit, not some UK based alcohol but 70 percent stupidity

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/caller-no-deal-brexit-british-bulldog-spirit/

Some good news to celebrate

UK wage growth hits 11-year peak in sign of tight jobs market Strength in labour market contrasts weakness in other parts of economy

Valentina Romei an hour ago

The UK jobs market has remained resilient, new data show, with robust job creation and the strongest earnings growth in 11 years contrasting economic weakness. In the three months to June, annual growth in average weekly earnings for employees excluding bonuses increased to 3.9 per cent, up from 3.6 per cent in the previous period. The figure, which was the highest since June 2008, exceeded the expectations of economists polled by Reuters of 3.8 per cent. Total earnings rose at an annual rate of 3.7 per cent, according to data released on Tuesday by the Office for National Statistics. Real earnings, which are adjusted for inflation, rose 1.8 per cent. Despite the robust wage growth, “pay levels still have not returned to their pre-downturn peak,” said Matt Hughes, ONS deputy head of labour market statistics. Jobs creation also beat markets expectations with 115,000 jobs added in the three months to June compared to the previous three months. The figure represents a pick-up from 28,000 added in the three months to May. 

and all this while the naughty UK has freedom of movement, and trading through EU free trade deals

so I can see why you cranks want to remove those benefits   🤣

otherrwise....

" A legal challenge seeking to prevent Boris Johnson from suspending parliament to force through a no-deal will be heard before the 31 October Brexit deadline in a boost for pro-EU campaigners. " 🎉

ps is Bagster going to make an appearance soon as well ?

ta ra

12 hours ago, Bill said:

don't let hand crank read this - from 8th August 2019

'Protecting the rights of UK nationals in the EU is an absolute priority for this government, but the UK cannot protect the rights of UK nationals unilaterally. The government welcomes those commitments already given by all Member States to protecting UK nationals if there is no deal. We continue to encourage Member States to provide the same reassurances to UK Nationals in the EU that we have provided to EU citizens in the UK. We are urging Member States to communicate their detailed plans to UK Nationals as soon as possible.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/advice-for-british-nationals-travelling-and-living-in-europe#uk-nationals-in-the-eu-after-brexit

So as expected hand crank was yet again spouting more misinformed shy.te

As the advice as it stands, is nothing has been confirmed........yet here we have brexiteers once again lying to assure others that the mess they caused is not really a mess - as there are always two sides to the story 😜

Which in this case are either the government's advice based on what is known.........or hand crank's clueless nonsense

I've asked the brexiteers, who said I'm lying and talking nonsense, to provide details of the arrangements for UK nationals who want to work in the EU after no deal Brexit. Of course they rant and deflect but can they provide any practical evidence? As usual, of course not. That is because there isn't any!  Yes there is government advice for existing UK nationals in the EU - basically change nationality if you want to keep the same rights to move freely in the EU as before. But there is no govt advice for UK people coming to work in the EU after no deal brexit other than get an EU passport if you can. That is because brexiteers do not have any arragnements for such a situation. Therefore without those arrangements in place the Brexit "plan" in the practical real world now is not to employ UK nationals in the EU.  

26 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Some good news to celebrate

UK wage growth hits 11-year peak in sign of tight jobs market Strength in labour market contrasts weakness in other parts of economy

Sadly the financial markets don't seem to see anything to celebrate here - guess it must be all the other parts of the economy they're worrying about   🙁

Still, hopefully this will at least help a few people to address the truly frightening level of personal debt that many people in this country have built up over the last few years.

9 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Sadly the financial markets don't seem to see anything to celebrate here - guess it must be all the other parts of the economy they're worrying about   🙁

Still, hopefully this will at least help a few people to address the truly frightening level of personal debt that many people in this country have built up over the last few years.

Was that a little smile, or just wind😉

14 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Sadly the financial markets usually react negatively to increases in wages, it’s capitalism work, the higher wages are bad for businesses although usually good for the overall economy. 

Unfortunately prices will rise by a lot more than 1.8% or even 3.6% when the increase in costs due to a weaker Pound reach the stores.